Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
SuperMike

2019/20 MASSIVE potential!

9 minutes ago, SuperMike said:

WOW! I was only trying a bit of positivity! Wished I hadn't bothered!

Mikey, If your looking for positivity this forum is not the place to be mate. Ride the Sarcasm and the bullshit, value your own opinion and give as good as you get! 

• 2 weeks later...

Kasper

Amar Benk Mag

Ric Ndid Men Chil

Mad

Barnes

Vardy

If Benk is as good as Celtic fans claim then we'll have a solid back three. And Mendy and Ndidi can contain teams especially with Ndidi's gradual passing improvements. And if Ricardo stays solid we'll have a good defensive line.

Maddison can drop back a little and Barnes can swarm over the pitch finding space and Vardy. Then we'll have a team happy with possession, that can happily contain teams and that has the pace, skill and finishing in Maddision, Barnes and Vardy to punish teams on the counter.

It's a shame that when Barnes does have two or three poor games in a row people will start slating him just like they did Chilwell.

I'm glad we've got a manager who trusts youth and doesn't bid for "experience". 

• Like 3

21 minutes ago, Foxxed said:

Kasper

Amar Benk Mag

Ric Ndid Men Chil

Mad

Barnes

Vardy

If Benk is as good as Celtic fans claim then we'll have a solid back three. And Mendy and Ndidi can contain teams especially with Ndidi's gradual passing improvements. And if Ricardo stays solid we'll have a good defensive line.

Maddison can drop back a little and Barnes can swarm over the pitch finding space and Vardy. Then we'll have a team happy with possession, that can happily contain teams and that has the pace, skill and finishing in Maddision, Barnes and Vardy to punish teams on the counter.

Considering 9 of those are in or have been our current team and have continually given the ball away without any pressure I'm not convinced the 'happy with possession' applies. Of course they could all improve I guess.

15 minutes ago, davieG said:

Considering 9 of those are in or have been our current team and have continually given the ball away without any pressure I'm not convinced the 'happy with possession' applies. Of course they could all improve I guess.

I'm comparing them with our past. And I'm assuming Ndidi improves his passing. And hoping for improvements, yeah!

9 minutes ago, Foxxed said:

I'm comparing them with our past. And I'm assuming Ndidi improves his passing. And hoping for improvements, yeah!

Sadly it’s not just Ndidi they’re all guilty of it, experience and confidence can bring improvements but it’s not guaranteed.

8 minutes ago, davieG said:

Sadly it’s not just Ndidi they’re all guilty of it, experience and confidence can bring improvements but it’s not guaranteed.

Amartey was solid before his injury. Let's hope Benk is decent. And Maguire has a consistently high pass completion. And Mendy's passing is great. Ndidi will improve a little but his interceptions give us a great counter attacking threat nevertheless. Nothing is guaranteed but it looks promising.

Genuinely believe that if we can keep our top performers (do believe we will hold onto everyone bar maybe Maguire) and add two quality players into the mix then we should be slightly more competitive with the top 6 

I was a little nervous about losing Maguire and starting from Step 1 again however with Benkovic doing really well for Celtic and with Calgar in the mix as well I don't think we will be too hampered by his sale (If it happens) and the £50m + we receive for him would be useful in finding that Mahrez replacement.

Exciting times. Albeit sprinkled in with a little depression because, well, we are LCFC and nothing is easy 

1 hour ago, jim5000 said:

Why does pretty much every lineup anyone posts have three centrebacks? Despite having the personnel to do that now, Puel has show zero inclination towards a back three, no matter what the foxestalk boards say.

He 100% definitely did play 3 at the back at one stage against Watford the other day... it may only have been for about 5 minutes before Jonny Evans came off, but I saw it with my own eyes!

Vardy and Kasper are probably here till they retire, and Maguire is the only first team player I can see leaving in the summer, probably to Man Utd. Chilwell and Maddison have both seen what happened to Drinkwater, and I think they both appreciate playing in top half PL matches right now in their career rather than sitting on the bench for one of the few teams above us.

The other first team players could probably only go to clubs at our level, and why leave when you have a decent manager and improving team and you are guaranteed game time. The is also a real sense of planning with us having, for example, three young centre backs, all playing regularly and learning the system, ready to step in when the seasoned players like Wes and Evans retire over the next couple of seasons.

Massive potential IF you keep the quality players we have ….

We have arguably the most talented squad which just needs adding to but it does need 2 or 3 quality starters to make the team offensively more potent and this will cost some big investment or exceptional scouting which in finding attacking wingers/strikers is extremely tough.

All of this would give us real hope to compete better with the big sides and certainly put us in with a chance of Top 6 which is the owners ambition however I genuinely believe the biggest risk is keeping this manager who will drain the life out of the players and also not attract any ambitious players...

I am more concerned about becoming Southampton Mk II as players will not believe we can be winners with the tactics we adopt neither embracing our qualities or developing  a dynamic style - its dross and the players know it so why would Vardy, Kasper, Maguire, Ndidi, Chilwell and Maddison not have their heads turn IF bigger clubs come in - anyone who believes that Vardy and Kasper would not attract interest are kidding themselves as clubs are sniffing around them now.....Vardy despite his age would strengthen a couple of the Top 6 and at least two others who aspire to be Top 6 so being complacent will see us slip backwards....

Hopefully we will see change sooner rather than later not just because we will soon having nothing left in this season but because without some more belief and attacking balance I think we will genuinely lose more of our quality!