Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
wright.dan

Adrien silva

54 minutes ago, murphy said:

There you go.   Roughly £135m there:

Jakupovic

Soyuncu                            Bennalouane                              Hernandez

Ghezzal                   Inler                       Iborra                       Silva                           Musa

Slimani                                      Iheanacho

29 minutes ago, rachhere said:

A bit harsh on some! We managed to sell on Musa for a good fee and surely those memories against Barcelona were priceless(!), Soyuncu I am confident will be an excellent signing for us long term, and Ghezzal if played in the right position will be a decent squad member for the price. Oh and personally speaking (and I know there are one or two others on here who will agree), Iborra was worth every penny just to look at :wub: - been good for us at set pieces too. 

As a wild card, I'll give you Iborra, although for the outlay, we should have got him to make breakfast in bed for you every day, he's had plenty of spare time!

Soyuncu may prove to be a good signing, at around £20m though, I'd have expected him to have been ready for the first 11, which he wasn't.

Ghezzal, I'm not writing him off but he seems a very strange signing. He isn't a direct replacement for Mahrez, we know that, he's still been underwhelming though.

Musa, I can't really see any positives.

The rest have been shocking acquisitions.

Edit - Still hoping Iheanacho drags himself out of that 11 but I'm not placing any money on that.

Edited by Max Wall

49 minutes ago, rachhere said:

A bit harsh on some! We managed to sell on Musa for a good fee and surely those memories against Barcelona were priceless(!), Soyuncu I am confident will be an excellent signing for us long term, and Ghezzal if played in the right position will be a decent squad member for the price. Oh and personally speaking (and I know there are one or two others on here who will agree), Iborra was worth every penny just to look at :wub: - been good for us at set pieces too. 

Agreed.  A bit naughty that one, but I needed another defender to make an XI.

With the rest though, the bill is unfitted, the standard is left unmet and the mustard is distinctly uncut.

13 minutes ago, Max Wall said:

As a wild card, I'll give you Iborra, although for the outlay, we should have got him to make breakfast in bed for you every day, he's had plenty of spare time!

That would have been appreciated and is a real wasted opportunity! 

It will be really interesting once Benkovic join us to see who looks more prepared at the start of the 2019-20 PL season - him or Soyuncu. 

1 hour ago, murphy said:

There you go.   Roughly £135m there:

Jakupovic

Soyuncu                            Bennalouane                              Hernandez

Ghezzal                   Inler                       Iborra                       Silva                           Musa

Slimani                                      Iheanacho

Hernandez was free wasn't he? and sold on for a profit, Kramaric deserves a mention £9m(according to wiki) when £9m was a lot of money.

There is a case for Amartey to be included £5m when that was a reasonable amount of money and he has struggled to hold down a place.

1 minute ago, Captain... said:

Hernandez was free wasn't he? and sold on for a profit, Kramaric deserves a mention £9m(according to wiki) when £9m was a lot of money.

There is a case for Amartey to be included £5m when that was a reasonable amount of money and he has struggled to hold down a place.

Kramaric was one that got away. I mean look at him now. I can barely even remember Hernandez.

However,  Amartey is absolute trash. I don't normally criticise our players but Dan can't do anything right. He comes on as a substitute and successfully manages to get sent off within 4 minutes, give away a PK for handball or gets injured. He's absolutely useless.

1 minute ago, rachhere said:

:jawdrop::dunno: 

He's been ok at times at RB but not really contributed much, he is a bit part player, makeshift CB, makeshift RB, makeshift CM. I don't really know what his best position is and I can see him leaving on a free/nominal fee fairly soon, which will be £5m and 3-4years of wages with very little return. He deserves to be in that team more than Soyuncu and Nacho.

7 minutes ago, Captain... said:

Kapustka - £7 mill ?

Amartey  was more like £18 mill I thought 

3 hours ago, harpendenfox said:

Ghezzal was awful in the first half against West Ham and was subbed. Next home game against Burnley he was excellent.

from what I have seen Adrien is not strong enough, brave enough or quick enough. He is handsome though and probably a very nice chap.

Yeah awful. Silva played pretty well against Man City and got taken off. Spot the difference.

13 minutes ago, surrifox said:

Kapustka - £7 mill ?

Amartey  was more like £18 mill I thought 

Wiki has Kaputska as £2.5m, I thought it was more, but £2.5m on a young promising player is reasonable, like Tom Lawrence, worth a punt not much lost if they don't make it here can recoup most of the money, if not more. Kapustka is doing ok at Leuven so jury is still out for me.

18 minutes ago, rachhere said:

That would have been appreciated and is a real wasted opportunity! 

:thumbup:

18 minutes ago, rachhere said:

It will be really interesting once Benkovic join us to see who looks more prepared at the start of the 2019-20 PL season - him or Soyuncu. 

It will be. I'm hoping they're both ready to go and form a good partnership.

Benkovic is certainly highly regarded already at Celtic. People criticise the league and it's obviously shorter on quality than this side of the border, however, Celtic have hard games too. Whilst they have the vast majority of possession in games, that has to help with a defenders concentration and he's getting a decent grounding there.

Soyuncu has looked decent so far when he's played and he should be a good signing too. Murphy having him in his 11 above was a bit of artistic licence as he said. 

High hopes for the two of them.

11 hours ago, Max Wall said:

I'm guessing the gist of the article is he's returning to Sporting on loan then? Not sure what else we could do.  He hasn't really had any football since he joined us.

On a point of principle, I'd rather he didn't go back to them but, if he can't force his way into our team with the lack of creativity we have, he's completely surplus to requirements. Rather we sold him but I'm guessing there's no buyers.

Just an absolute disaster from start to finish really.

The gist of the article is that Sporting are keen to get him back on loan, but could only do so if LCFC agreed to pay a substantial proportion of his wages.

The article says that other clubs in England, Italy and particularly France are interested in him (he's French-born, I believe).....whether that's true or just "agent talk" or "media speculation", I've no idea, though the article reads as credible journalism.

It ends by saying that his situation should be "fully clarified over the coming days".

Edited by Alf Bentley
  • Thanks 1

the fact he has been completely rubbish and seemingly utterly incapable of kicking a football in the right direction is nobody’s fault but his own. sell him, loan him, just cancel his contract who cares just get him fu cked off. 

Just now, Alf Bentley said:

The gist of the article is that Sporting are keen to get him back on loan, but could only do so if LCFC agreed to pay a substantial proportion of his wages.

The article says that other clubs in England, Italy and particularly France are interested in him (he's French-born, I believe).....whether that's true of just "agent talk" or "media speculation", I've no idea, though the article reads as credible journalism.

It ends by saying that his situation should be "fully clarified over the coming days".

lol

That's the bit I expected.

What do you do Alf? I'd rather tell them to GFT but, if it's deemed he won't play, then what's the point of keeping him here. I'd rather we gave him to Porto and paid most of his wages as they are Sporting's main opposition. I'm petty like that. I imagine Silva won't do that though :whistle:

9 minutes ago, Alf Bentley said:

The article says that other clubs in England, Italy and particularly France are interested in him (he's French-born, I believe).....whether that's true or just "agent talk" or "media speculation", I've no idea, though the article reads as credible journalism.

after all the dosh they've had from us I'd tell these pikeys to do one 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Max Wall said:

lol

What do you do Alf? I'd rather tell them to GFT but, if it's deemed he won't play, then what's the point of keeping him here. I'd rather we gave him to Porto and paid most of his wages as they are Sporting's main opposition. I'm petty like that. I imagine Silva won't do that though :whistle:

No point keeping him if he's not going to play much - either for the sake of our squad/club or for his sake. Not his fault - there have been no signs of bad attitude or lack of effort, he just doesn't seem to suit our system and/or English football.

Will depend on what concrete interest there is from other clubs and what he's prepared to accept, I imagine. If more than 1 acceptable offer is made, it'd be a financial calculation - wages saved by loaning him, fee received if anyone offers to buy etc.

Tempting as it might be to mess Sporting around (because of the 14-second-late signing fiasco, not because the transfer hasn't worked out - that's our fault), that wouldn't really be on....though I might be biased. Many years ago, I spent 3 months as an honorary Sporting fan, going to all their home matches, during a work placement in Lisbon. The Benfica fans I worked with were a bit on the snobby, superficial side, whereas the Sporting fans were friendly and down to earth! 

He's been frozen out since United away pretty much (which remains our best PERFORMANCE of the season). He was instrumental getting the ball to maddison between the lines and dictating things. I can only presume he isn't settled and wants to go back to Portugal. He is yet to get a PROPER chance here, a run of games in a balanced side.

I feel him with N'didi and Maddison just ahead as a 3 with Albrightons work rate wide and Gray left, Vardy ahead.. it could have legs.

14 minutes ago, Max Wall said:

lol

We gave Sporting £50m+ for Slim and Silva, plus they may have been to blame for the 14 second fiasco as they upped the price at the last minute and now they want him back for free while we continue to contribute toward his wages?  I'd rather be trapped in a lift with Joey Essex whist they piped in Michael Buble on a loop than let them continue to pull our pants down like this.

• Haha 2