Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
wright.dan

Adrien silva

4 minutes ago, chapero82 said:

It’s crazy if it’s only a cheap loan back though! 

I'm guessing the gist of the article is he's returning to Sporting on loan then? Not sure what else we could do.  He hasn't really had any football since he joined us.

On a point of principle, I'd rather he didn't go back to them but, if he can't force his way into our team with the lack of creativity we have, he's completely surplus to requirements. Rather we sold him but I'm guessing there's no buyers.

Just an absolute disaster from start to finish really.

1 minute ago, Max Wall said:

I'm guessing the gist of the article is he's returning to Sporting on loan then? Not sure what else we could do.  He hasn't really had any football since he joined us.

On a point of principle, I'd rather he didn't go back to them but, if he can't force his way into our team with the lack of creativity we have, he's completely surplus to requirements. Rather we sold him but I'm guessing there's no buyers.

Just an absolute disaster from start to finish really.

I’m hoping we can sell him somewhere as we’ve been ripped off by sporting enough lol 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, chapero82 said:

I’m hoping we can sell him somewhere as we’ve been ripped off by sporting enough lol 

I'd never deal with them again. Not their fault though really, from the fee, to the infamous 14 second paperwork problem to his seeming unsuitability for the Premier league, we have no one to blame but ourselves unfortunately.

5 minutes ago, Max Wall said:

I'd never deal with them again. Not their fault though really, from the fee, to the infamous 14 second paperwork problem to his seeming unsuitability for the Premier league, we have no one to blame but ourselves unfortunately.

But didn’t they agree on a figure and then change it later on and thus it took longer for the paperwork?  

Lol I’m not sure about that I could quite easily have dreamed it up ?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Suzie the Fox said:

But didn’t they agree on a figure and then change it later on and thus it took longer for the paperwork?  

Lol I’m not sure about that I could quite easily have dreamed it up ?

I think they messed us about, no doubt. We let it get to the position where they could do that though. That was our problem in my opinion Suzie.

Either way, it's been another utter shambles though.

• Sad 1

He's been messed around by Puel and his confidence never recovered.

Taking him off at half time against man city last year was a joke. Theres a good player there somewhere but he was never going to recover from that and the mess that was the transfer window.

Its a shame as hes probably the only midfielder we have that isnt a sitting midfielder.

• Like 4
  • Sad 1

10 minutes ago, Abrasive fox said:

Taking him off at half time against man city last year was a joke. Theres a good player there somewhere but he was never going to recover from that and the mess that was the transfer window.

Its a shame as hes probably the only midfielder we have that isnt a sitting midfielder.

He's had ample opportunity and is inept in the Premiership as are Iborra and Slimani, they can't adapt. Every time he's made an appearance he's been a disappointment. Compare him to Mendy who after all the injuries, made one appearance and has been ever present like Ndidi and Maddison. Even when he played in the Portuguese team in the summer he was poor. If he goes back to Sporting he'll probably do ok again in a bigger team in a very poor league.

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, volpeazzurro said:

He's had ample opportunity and is inept in the Premiership as are Iborra and Slimani, they can't adapt. Every time he's made an appearance he's been a disappointment. Compare him to Mendy who after all the injuries, made one appearance and has been ever present like Ndidi and Maddison. Even when he played in the Portuguese team in the summer he was poor. If he goes back to Sporting he'll probably do ok again in a bigger team in a very poor league.

.....like Benkovic is doing you mean? 

7 hours ago, Tuna said:

We'll forget all about him until he appears on one of those "100 worst Premier League Flops" lists.

We could have our own show! 

Musa 

Slimani

Nacho

Silva

That Spanish defender can't even remember his name. 

Got the basis of a first 11 right there :(

1 hour ago, Abrasive fox said:

Ghezzal was awful in the first half against West Ham and was subbed. Next home game against Burnley he was excellent.

from what I have seen Adrien is not strong enough, brave enough or quick enough. He is handsome though and probably a very nice chap.

9 hours ago, Max Wall said:

So true the way we dealt with it is a farce 

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, AKCJ said:

Throwback to his debut where he came on for about a minute and we all thought we'd bought a world beater.

I thought that was the high water mark. I was sat with a hangover and watched that game, he had an excellent 10 minutes. Looked like he ran the show... was everywhere, won tackles, great passing, intercepted people, dummied.....  "Imagine what a full 90 mins would bring?!" I excitedly thought. 

I was also at Selhurst Park for Palace. That was slightly different. :(

1 hour ago, m4DD0gg said:

We could have our own show! 

Musa 

Slimani

Nacho

Silva

That Spanish defender can't even remember his name. 

Got the basis of a first 11 right there :(

There you go.   Roughly £135m there:

Jakupovic

Soyuncu                            Bennalouane                              Hernandez

Ghezzal                   Inler                       Iborra                       Silva                           Musa

Slimani                                      Iheanacho

• Like 1
  • Sad 2

21 minutes ago, murphy said:

Jakupovic

Soyuncu                            Bennalouane                              Hernandez

Ghezzal                   Inler                       Iborra                       Silva                           Musa

A bit harsh on some! We managed to sell on Musa for a good fee and surely those memories against Barcelona were priceless(!), Soyuncu I am confident will be an excellent signing for us long term, and Ghezzal if played in the right position will be a decent squad member for the price. Oh and personally speaking (and I know there are one or two others on here who will agree), Iborra was worth every penny just to look at :wub: - been good for us at set pieces too. 

• Like 2

45 minutes ago, murphy said:

Jakupovic

Soyuncu and Ghezzal have been here less than half a season, have a combined start count that doesn't even reach double figures, and they've both looked at least halfway decent when they've been on the pitch. Very harsh to include them, imo.