Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
wright.dan

Adrien silva

Thought he was a good signing. Just never seemed to settle and never played consistently enough to get some consistency or form. We either sign players that settle quickly and do well, or they come in and lose all their confidence and eventually footballing ability. 

22 hours ago, murphy said:

We gave Sporting £50m+ for Slim and Silva, plus they may have been to blame for the 14 second fiasco as they upped the price at the last minute and now they want him back for free while we continue to contribute toward his wages?  I'd rather be trapped in a lift with Joey Essex whist they piped in Michael Buble on a loop than let them continue to pull our pants down like this.

Haha.

But it is our fault for buying them but not use them. Sporting gave up two internationals while they were top players for them - fair that they wanted the money. 

On 10/12/2018 at 12:16, Swan Lesta said:

He’d likely be brilliant in a different system.

16 hours ago, pmcla26 said:

Could have been a good signing if we actually played him, doesn’t look that bad when he does and shows a bit of quality on the ball but none of the fans or Puel seem to like him for whatever reason.

just don’t get posts like these. 

what system would a guy who can’t move, can’t tackle, can’t pass and can’t score be any good in? 

as for “doesn’t look that bad when he plays”, have you even seen him play? he’s absolutely woeful. 

• Like 3

4 hours ago, chris_lcfc_85 said:

We have well and truly messed up here.....

This guy is without doubt a quality player and we've not helped him at all. Granted he could of possibly done more himself in some the games he's played but people saying he's woeful/poor etc, are mistaken.

Technically he's better than all of our other centre mids but we've never given him long enough in the side.

The first game against United, he played well. A few games last season where you could see how good he was/is. Very good close control, good vision and more dynamic than the other midfielders

I thought you fell on the Puel-in side?

If so, how can you write that we’ve well and truly messed up?

If the manager you are supporting isn’t picking Silva then he can’t think he’s good enough surely? Or are you saying he should be picking him and thereby making a big ‘mess-up’ by not doing so?

:dunno:

I actually feel sorry for Silva. He's a European champion who did a lot to help Portugal win that title. He missed half a season because of a stupid admin error and by the time he could play for us a new manager was in place who either couldn't find a role for him or (understandably) was not impressed with his occasional first team outings.

He's never had a proper run of games, but by the same token has he done enough to deserve one? I guess Puel - and many fans - would say not.

All in all, his stay in Leicester has been a nightmare and I bet he can't wait to get away. I just hope we don't end up regretting letting him go (a bit like Kramaric, another whose talent was obvious but who didn't 'fit in')

Edited by Hammo

2 hours ago, Col city fan said:

I thought you fell on the Puel-in side?

If so, how can you write that we’ve well and truly messed up?

If the manager you are supporting isn’t picking Silva then he can’t think he’s good enough surely? Or are you saying he should be picking him and thereby making a big ‘mess-up’ by not doing so?

:dunno:

I am a puel fan but doesn't mean I agree with everything he does. That's likely to be the same with most managers, we'll never always agree on their decision making. 

I think as a club we haven't given Silva the best opportunity and we seem to of ruined a quality player. Who's fault that is I'm not sure. I do feel he hasn't had a proper run in the side and I think he'll flourish elsewhere if we let him go 

• Like 3

15 minutes ago, chris_lcfc_85 said:

I am a puel fan but doesn't mean I agree with everything he does. That's likely to be the same with most managers, we'll never always agree on their decision making. 

I think as a club we haven't given Silva the best opportunity and we seem to of ruined a quality player. Who's fault that is I'm not sure. I do feel he hasn't had a proper run in the side and I think he'll flourish elsewhere if we let him go 

It’s clear who’s fault this would be Chris... the bloke who ain’t picked him.

The issue I had with you was your use of ‘well and truly messed up’. That’s not ‘not agreeing with Puel’s decision making’, by implication, that’s a BIG error?

Well, if Silva is as great as you seem to think he is, explain why he’s not been picked by a manager you are fully behind.

Sounds a little hypocritical to me?

44 minutes ago, Col city fan said:

It’s clear who’s fault this would be Chris... the bloke who ain’t picked him.

The issue I had with you was your use of ‘well and truly messed up’. That’s not ‘not agreeing with Puel’s decision making’, by implication, that’s a BIG error?

Well, if Silva is as great as you seem to think he is, explain why he’s not been picked by a manager you are fully behind.

Sounds a little hypocritical to me?

We don't know what goes off behind the scenes and in training etc but something somewhere has gone wrong because he's a proven class act. I'm a puel fan as I've mentioned but I personally feel he hasn't given Silva long enough to perform, he started against United first game and did well so possibly unfortunate to lose his place is my point

9 hours ago, chris_lcfc_85 said:

We have well and truly messed up here.....

This guy is without doubt a quality player and we've not helped him at all. Granted he could of possibly done more himself in some the games he's played but people saying he's woeful/poor etc, are mistaken.

Technically he's better than all of our other centre mids but we've never given him long enough in the side.

The first game against United, he played well. A few games last season where you could see how good he was/is. Very good close control, good vision and more dynamic than the other midfielders

For the amount of money we paid and wages he gets he shouldn't need any help. At his age, if he's not the finished article there's little hope! He just can't adapt to Premiership football. Can't even see let alone track runners and easily knocked off the ball. The latter he should have addressed himself. Total waste of money and not fit for purpose. It doesn't matter what technical ability you have if you don't have the quickness of mind to use it in a game of football.  How much time did it take the younger Maddison, Ndidi and Mendy to step up to the plate? In the latter's case 1 game after a lengthy spell out injured and he's ever present. Silva even struggled against Fleetwood!  He's had his chances.

6 hours ago, Vardinio'sCat said:

The quality of players who aren't good enough for us has gone through the roof in recent years. :unsure:

Sadly this is spot on. I also have a problem with this 'he's never had a run of games' attitude? Whilst it occasionally may have merit,  how many players have we had or currently got in that bracket? How many at any one time can we play hoping for them to come good? How long should a run of games be? What if we keep losing on this run of games? Again sadly, it's one of those situations where any manager, not just Puel,  can't win. Try different players and he's tinkering,  persist with someone who after two games looks poor and he's accused of being blind to the fact and there are calls to pick someone else on here by us experts. So who do we chose for this magical run of games? Silva, Iborra, Ghezzal, Diabate, Soyuncu? 

There again Puel against all criticism at times has actually done it. Remember the stick he got on here about Chilwell? Remember the sighs from some when they first saw Mendys name in the line up? Pereira looked poor when he first got here but he persisted with him. Armarty was starting to gain confidence also even. All those players he obviously saw something in worth persisting with regardless of any criticism. The manager sees them in training all week and has to make a judgement not just pick on a 'I hope he comes good in 5 games whim' with his fingers crossed behind his back. Silva has his supporters on here making his case for him as does Iborra for example, usually made on some game or reputation of performance from a previous club or glimpse of something a supporter thinks they've expertly seen that the manager can't in a particular appearance. It has to be a bit more scientific than personal favourites of several dozen supporters who'll no doubt will all suggest differently.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

10 hours ago, pmcla26 said:

You can be behind a manager and disagree with decisions on individual positions, like Liverpool fans last year and year before were fully in support of Klopp but weren’t sure why it took until the summer just gone for him to realise Mignolet and Karius weren’t good enough 

Not on FT you can't.  You have to be 100% one way or the other and make fun of anyone in between.  We don't like shades of grey in here me duck.  X

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

9 hours ago, volpeazzurro said:

For the amount of money we paid and wages he gets he shouldn't need any help. At his age, if he's not the finished article there's little hope! He just can't adapt to Premiership football. Can't even see let alone track runners and easily knocked off the ball. The latter he should have addressed himself. Total waste of money and not fit for purpose. It doesn't matter what technical ability you have if you don't have the quickness of mind to use it in a game of football.  How much time did it take the younger Maddison, Ndidi and Mendy to step up to the plate? In the latter's case 1 game after a lengthy spell out injured and he's ever present. Silva even struggled against Fleetwood!  He's had his chances.

You make some fair points which I can't argue with. I'd of just given him a longer sustained spell in the team. As mentioned before, he started against United first game and did well so he can feel that was a little unfortunate to not play next game. Maybe a loan like mendy did to build his confidence etc. I just think we should work with the guy to bring out the best in him, he's talented so there's something to work with. We never gave kramaric much chance and look how he's improved 

• Like 2

9 hours ago, volpeazzurro said:

To be honest, the entire squad didn't cover themselves in glory. The fact that we had to take it to a second leg showed that.

7 minutes ago, chris_lcfc_85 said:

You make some fair points which I can't argue with. I'd of just given him a longer sustained spell in the team. As mentioned before, he started against United first game and did well so he can feel that was a little unfortunate to not play next game. Maybe a loan like mendy did to build his confidence etc. I just think we should work with the guy to bring out the best in him, he's talented so there's something to work with. We never gave kramaric much chance and look how he's improved 

The problem is though, as I've tried to explain in another post, others are calling for the same with Iborra , Iheanacho and other players. How many games are a good run, if he continues to be poor, what if we lose because of his weak ineffectual performances because it's no use Puel saying a few of my supporters were calling for him to have 'a run' in the side. . He has persisted with players, despite criticism in some quarters, like Chilwell, Pereira, Armarty and even introduced,  much to some people's consternation, a previously written off player in Mendy who is now an ever present. You can't simply pick somebody because of a quick glimpse of something in one game. He sees all players in training all week and can gauge their abilities, attitude and fitness. We can't always be aware of the reasons why certain players are not picked and sometimes out of loyalty to and man management reasons,  neither is it the managers job to reveal the reasons why.

• Like 3