Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
wright.dan

Adrien silva

3 minutes ago, Bert said:

Not one of our central midfielders make line breaking, defence splitting forward passes. N’Didi couldnt pass wind, the rest of them just jog around aimlessly knocking the ball back and trying to keep it. We try and play with width but don’t commit enough people forward. I just don’t get Puels philosophy. 

Is that Puels philosophy or the players simply not being good enough? I’d sell all the CMs bar Ndidi and start afresh if possible as they are dogshite to say the least 

• Like 2

My key test for Puel this Jan is to see whether he buys a creative CM.

If he does then my faith remains that he’s building towards something great.

If he doesn’t it tells me he’s happy with two boring sitting DM’s hoping to plod along to a 1-0 win and not too upset with 0-0’s... which is concerning. 

He clearly doesn’t fancy Iborra or Silva, so if he hasn’t identified that as a priority position I’d certainly waiver slightly from staunchly Puel in! 

Simple fact is the only midfielder we have who can pick a forward pass isn’t in the Premjer League squad and most certainly isn’t still premier league quality lol it’s really shouldn’t be that way. 

• Like 1

Just now, AjcW said:

If he doesn’t it tells me he’s happy with two boring sitting DM’s hoping to plod along to a 1-0 win and not too upset with 0-0’s... which is concerning. 

He clearly doesn’t fancy Iborra or Silva, so if he hasn’t identified that as a priority position I’d certainly waiver slightly from staunchly Puel in! 

Simple fact is the only midfielder we have who can pick a forward pass isn’t in the Premjer League squad and most certainly isn’t still premier league quality lol it’s really shouldn’t be that way. 

think the summer (if it makes it that long) is the true test, it seems he's just keen on getting rid rather than buying

1 minute ago, lcfc sheff said:

Is that Puels philosophy or the players simply not being good enough? I’d sell all the CMs bar Ndidi and start afresh if possible as they are dogshite to say the least 

I'd say the players aren't a good fit for his philosophy. Unfortunately this isn't the french league so we'll need to spend huge amounts to acquire the players who are capable of doing it in the Premier League, this is the main fault with Puel's plan.

• Like 2

49 minutes ago, AjcW said:

You surely don’t mean King?  

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Bert said:

Not one of our central midfielders make line breaking, defence splitting forward passes. N’Didi couldnt pass wind, the rest of them just jog around aimlessly knocking the ball back and trying to keep it. We try and play with width but don’t commit enough people forward. I just don’t get Puels philosophy. 

This is still one of the reasons,I still have patience and sympathy for Puel...

With the exception of Maddison,who still has to prove his PL potential and pedigree.

Then Ndidi who IMO,is living on his early foxes career,of looking the part.

We do not have a midfield,but somehow we are holding 10th.

Puel had a pool of players,he inherited and rightly had to give the big new buys..Iborra and Silva enough gametime,and into this season.

He's bought in Maddison,but nobody from last season has kicked on,even he saw that we have depth,but not quality thereof!!

That's a lot of players not hitting the expected mark...

Some will shout what about Mendy...fair dues,but he's still not the Barn storming midfielder we need...

Ndidi's  lack of form, or dare I say quality,and not translating his early potential,is not Puels fault!!

The engine room,is ticking over with holding half-speed,and weak valves,with nothing that allows Puel

to go full-steam-ahead.  enough

The youngsters are still not strong or good enough,and Choudry with injury has no chance of breaking through.

I will back and support anyone who goes over the whitewash carrying the foxes badge ,but we are desperately short

on quality,I thought some would come through. Defending Nacho and Gray even Diabate,they don't have a stable midfield

Behind them. 

If I was hoping for top 5-7th, (which I am not) I wouldn't go OT T with my expectations of the team,because after seeing this season

We have a inadequate midfield.

Puel couldn't have foreseen the poverty in this area, we had numbers and new buys.The owners would have laughed if he said

He wants to ditch the whole set up he inherited,and not give this early part of season to the new potential from last year.

We've already wasted millions on mis-hits,we penned our hopes on 2 New experienced International favourites.!!!

Plus a now questionable Ndidi who seemed automatic choice...Our midfield is way off consistent quality and again that ain't

Puels fault.

It would be nice if January,could deliver an answer, 2 players hitting the ground running,but I doubt it..!!

Another thing,we have club in these 3-4 seasons,which held on longer,or given long contracts to fringe players,

I wonder if the "family" had sympathetic influence on these descisions. Have we been too nice!!!.?

Edited by fuchsntf
  • Like 2

59 minutes ago, AjcW said:

Agree on parts,but wanting and getting quality in January,are 2 different things.

Probably instead of looking overseas,we could look nearer home,for an honest box to box roughian,with an eye for a pass,

In fact anybody who can string 5 passes together,would be a vast improvement,so DR is out of the question.

I still like the idea of Lallana...or chase down and put in a decent offer for Aaron Mooy..

Best for all parties in my opinion if he moves on. I'll always have a degree of sympathy with him as he was the ultimate loser in the whole debacle but he just hasn't performed at all for us.

Would be absolutely embarrassing if we loaned him back to Sporting though. They've had enough off us already.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, The Horse's Mouth said:

I'd like to see him get a loan, look at how well all wrote off Mendy and he's been the biggest surprise this season. I think there's a good player in there, but the complexity of his move certainly hasn't helped him and with the amount of players we have in that position it's hard to get a few appearances under your belt to settle into a role because we have plenty of good replacements.

....the difference with Mendy was , he was injured very early in his time with us and therefore had not the opportunity to play and show what he could do. 

9 minutes ago, Beechey said:

I missed the game, was he really that bad?

No, but he was basically anonymous. If you're a fringe player trying to break into the main team, you'd hope you would try to do something. He didn't give the ball away badly today, but he was slow to regain position when we lost the ball, got pushed off the ball easily again. Didn't try to dictate the tempo, didn't put in any strong tackles, just passed it slowly. He did play one or two decent forward passes in the first half, but nothing incredible. I would say that as soon as Mendy came on, the team started moving again even if Mendy wasn't that great either.

Just an instantly forgettable appearance, just like every one he's put in for us. He's had one good game, that was his 10 minute cameo on his debut. It's all been down hill after that sadly.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, StriderHiryu said:

No, but he was basically anonymous. If you're a fringe player trying to break into the main team, you'd hope you would try to do something. He didn't give the ball away badly today, but he was slow to regain position when we lost the ball, got pushed off the ball easily again. Didn't try to dictate the tempo, didn't put in any strong tackles, just passed it slowly. He did play one or two decent forward passes in the first half, but nothing incredible. I would say that as soon as Mendy came on, the team started moving again even if Mendy wasn't that great either.

Just an instantly forgettable appearance, just like every one he's put in for us. He's had one good game, that was his 10 minute cameo on his debut. It's all been down hill after that sadly.

Eh, played well at Stamford Bridge that time :thumbup:

One of those midfielders who offers absolutely nothing, not as creative as we thought he might be, too lightweight and doesn't have the defensive qualities that the likes of Ndidi and Mendy possess.

He isn't a Premier League type of player, we should cut our losses and get rid in January.

We need someone like Loftus-Cheek.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Bert said:

This ?

eveything is so predictable, and dare I say it “safe”.. 

we have no one that is either good enough or confident enough to get on the ball and drive forward. Because this doesn’t happen, the wide players don’t seek out runs into space or pull markers wide to open space.

can our players do this? Possibly... but it shows a real lack of confidence if this is the case.

if so what is going on with the sports psychology and management team.