Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
H.a.r.r.y

Support + atmosphere

1 minute ago, Claridge said:

We have a poor performance at home and people start wetting themselves about the atmosphere or moan about our wingers. Pathetic, we are second in the league.

Atmosphere's been poor for a few games now. Doesn't reflect our position in the league and what we're aiming for.

Edited by LaCiudad

Just now, whoareyaaa said:

I was just suggesting how I think it could have been improved, I'm not moaning. I couldn't care less about the atmosphere as I don't even go home games these days.

But when I did used to go L1 was always classed as a signing section, someone obviously decided to start Union FS in the 'kop' when in reality it should have started or continued along the east side.

fair play to them though, im all for having a signing section its just in the wrong place

I was in K1 for 7 years and it was good but season after title went to shit. I’ve been in there a couple of times since and it has been terrible. Less people standing in both L and K and very rarely singing unless away fans have a go. 

Surely there are people here on foxestalk who are part of the massive majority who offer nothing at the ground. Please explain yourself. What’s the thought process? Why don’t you do anything? Why do you come? Strange given it’s so clear a better atmosphere means a better performance and from us usually always 3 points. If we’d have got behind the boys yesterday I’m going 100% sure that players would have got even 2 or 3% extra and got the winner but there was never anything from the crowd. See the video of the first goal celebration doing the rounds. You’d think we’d scored a consolation goal in a 5-1 hammering 

• Like 3

13 minutes ago, Claridge said:

We have a poor performance at home and people start wetting themselves about the atmosphere or moan about our wingers. Pathetic, we are second in the league.

Ever thought the poor performance at home is cuz our fans are shit. Definitely not because you’re one of them who thinks it doesn’t matter it’s all up to the players. Footballs gone 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, EverybodyDannsNow said:

I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again - we have a Champions League standard squad with a League 1 level fan base. We are a complete and utter mismatch and don’t deserve each other. 

I can count on one hand the number of songs I’ve heard sung in K block over these last 2 home games. When I moved over to K six or seven years ago the place was absolutely bouncing. It’s died a slow death since and has now reached a point where you’re the odd one out of you try and get something going. People are just so uninterested - most are young lads more bothered about their bets and fantasy football teams.

I was considering moving back to the Kop but judging from the comments here it seems that side of the ground is just as bad. 

It’s truly depressing and I can’t see any way out of it. These are supposed to be the times of our lives and instead, I’m falling out of love with football. 

No lie, some lad near me was sat on his phone all game, I looked over at half time and he was looking at the pitch.

16 minutes ago, whoareyaaa said:

I was just suggesting how I think it could have been improved, I'm not moaning. I couldn't care less about the atmosphere as I don't even go home games these days.

But when I did used to go L1 was always classed as a signing section, someone obviously decided to start Union FS in the 'kop' when in reality it should have started or continued along the east side.

fair play to them though, im all for having a signing section its just in the wrong place

I do love it when spellcheck is in ironic mode.

Anyway, if you couldn't care less about this, I'm not sure why you are chipping in.

This is a society problem and not just a Leicester problem. Anfield was like a morgue yesterday other than when they scored, and they’ve got even more to shout about than we have! Every home ground has this problem. The dwindling home atmospheres nationwide reflects the malaise and entitlement that is society in general. Away from home is better, there are fewer of you in numbers, you are outnumbered and that collective feeling of gotta shout loud is shared out more. Home it seems there is an attitude of let someone else join in. People nowadays generally don’t seem to want to take responsibility for anything, let alone in a stadium. A lot of people go for a social as well, which is fine. I lost count of the amount of young lads I’d see at games last season turn up half cut, disappear for half of the match, come back even more pissed, spend the other half of the game on their phone, then go early. This isn’t something that can be solved overnight unfortunately. 

• Like 2

What has happened to L1 as well? Used to be decent now they may as well move to the west stand. Only UFS and those guys at the back of the kop give a s*** about the atmosphere and a couple dotted around elsewhere (myself included). 

Anyone on here here sit in the west stand? What was it like in the title winning season even? Was it just clapping along people did and would you have been given funny looks for singing as I was as a kid years ago?

4 minutes ago, K1FOX said:

Ever thought the poor performance at home is cuz our fans are shit. Definitely not because you’re one of them who thinks it doesn’t matter it’s all up to the players. Footballs gone 

We weren’t good yesterday because of how we set up from the start, allowing Norwich’s best players space and influence, not because it wasn’t loud enough. Atmosphere needs to improve but that was obvious yesterday 

• Like 1

Where I sit I can’t sing .....would love to be more involved but then I would lose something else and I’m selfish!  .....me and my son often comment how poor the atmosphere is .....we didn’t say that in 15/16. The argument that the atmosphere back then was great cos we were winning is now shown to be nonsense ......we got on a roll during the great escape and it continued ...... we’ve lost that and seem unable to get it back ... perhaps it needs proper intervention from the club re getting all those together who are prepared to sing and create that atmosphere  ...... 

case in point ..... when we went a goal down in 15/16, the crowd would get right behind the boys before we kicked off again. Yesterday there was a small noise  but not nearly good enough .... 

1 minute ago, WhatTheSchlupp? said:

What has happened to L1 as well? Used to be decent now they may as well move to the west stand. Only UFS and those guys at the back of the kop give a s*** about the atmosphere and a couple dotted around elsewhere (myself included). 

Anyone on here here sit in the west stand? What was it like in the title winning season even? Was it just clapping along people did and would you have been given funny looks for singing as I was as a kid years ago?

There is sometimes gentle singing along to ‘vichai had a dream’  but it’s mainly clappers in time to whatever is happening ..... in the title winning season it was just noisier in general .....

5 minutes ago, HighPeakFox said:

I do love it when spellcheck is in ironic mode.

Anyway, if you couldn't care less about this, I'm not sure why you are chipping in.

you and your spelling, get over it :D 

And true ill remove myself from this thread.

(should I be starting a sentence with And?)

I'm out.