Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
H.a.r.r.y

Support + atmosphere

Similar to what has been said previously we can moan on here all we like but ultimately it's not going to change much. The organised area for the Wigan game is a massive chance to show the club that there is demand for a area like this, and that done right in the future it could transform the ground and the support. There's still a couple of hundred spots left so get in touch, I guarantee you'll have a better time than being sat in the West Stand. :D

• Like 3

1 hour ago, lee7 said:

On a similar note does anyone know why the club don't play music pre match that builds up the atmosphere or songs that fans could join in with etc 

Literally anything that raises the noise a bit. 

I actually quite liked the photo montage on the big screen that ends with the fox. Used to be met with a roar now it's just claps along to the beat :facepalm:

I've asked for this to be raised at the next FCC meeting. Something needs to be done and quick. 

Seriously though, swap the Kop and Family stand I know it's been talked about before.... 😴

However it could be done. If Derby and Middlesbrough can move their away sections so can we. The only blocker i could see is the link to the shop from the Family Stand.

You only have to look at what Manchester United are doing... they also have fan engagement we dont. Its poor from the club. 

• Like 3

The biggest single problem should be obvious to everyone but it'll likely get me criticised. The people who want to sing are all split up. There's some in K/L, some in the Kop, some at the top of the family stand, and some in UFS corner. While we have these isolated pockets of vocal support diluted around the ground, the atmosphere is never going to be electric. Is it only me who thinks this is so mind mindbogglingly obvious? UFS have undoubtedly drawn people away from K/L and the result is now 2 impotent sections that are barely audible.

The club (if it actually cares about the atmosphere) should address this. Swap the Kop & the family stand (it's became a meme because it's so ****ing obvious) and have a dedicated singing (preferably standing) section where all like-minded fans can congregate. If existing STH's have to be relocated then so be it! 

Our atmosphere being mocked by Norwich should be enough to warrant any attempt to improve things!

Edited by DennisNedry

1 hour ago, RonnieTodger said:

I actually quite liked the photo montage on the big screen that ends with the fox. Used to be met with a roar now it's just claps along to the beat :facepalm:

Don't get me wrong that impressed me too. Fair play to whoever created that as that is special.

I mean more like certain teams will play the liquidator before coming out and it gets the fans involved or you'll hear certain stadiums play hi ho silver lining (wolves and Sheffield Wednesday spring to mind) 

Then you get the likes of Rangers playing simply the best and penny arcade before kick off. All songs that fans can easily join in with and they are an atmosphere builder. We just don't seem interested as a club in playing anything like that.

37 minutes ago, DennisNedry said:

The biggest single problem should be obvious to everyone but it'll likely get me criticised. The people who want to sing are all split up. There's some in K/L, some in the Kop, some at the top of the family stand, and some in UFS corner. While we have these isolated pockets of vocal support diluted around the ground, the atmosphere is never going to be electric. Is it only me who thinks this is so mind mindbogglingly obvious? UFS have undoubtedly drawn people away from K/L and the result is now 2 impotent sections that are barely audible.

The club (if it actually cares about the atmosphere) should address this. Swap the Kop & the family stand (it's became a meme because it's so ****ing obvious) and have a dedicated singing (preferably standing) section where all like-minded fans can congregate. If existing STH's have to be relocated then so be it! 

Our atmosphere being mocked by Norwich should be enough to warrant any attempt to improve things!

It's not unreasonable to say that there are two areas that need to be brought together. SK1 was only a stopgap at best 6 years ago and 100% the time has come to have a conversation about a reconfiguration of the ground in line with the redevelopment. 

4 hours ago, lee7 said:

On a similar note does anyone know why the club don't play music pre match that builds up the atmosphere or songs that fans could join in with etc 

Literally anything that raises the noise a bit. 

Cos everyone moans about it, except me, i'd love a bit of abba before the kick off.

2 hours ago, lee7 said:

Don't get me wrong that impressed me too. Fair play to whoever created that as that is special.

I mean more like certain teams will play the liquidator before coming out and it gets the fans involved or you'll hear certain stadiums play hi ho silver lining (wolves and Sheffield Wednesday spring to mind) 

Then you get the likes of Rangers playing simply the best and penny arcade before kick off. All songs that fans can easily join in with and they are an atmosphere builder. We just don't seem interested as a club in playing anything like that.

Yeah it works well sometimes. I think Sheff Utd play their anthem and turn it off when the game kicks off, but the fans are still singing it. Sounds great.

1 hour ago, Sol thewall Bamba said:

It's not unreasonable to say that there are two areas that need to be brought together. SK1 was only a stopgap at best 6 years ago and 100% the time has come to have a conversation about a reconfiguration of the ground in line with the redevelopment. 

100% this.

The family stand is the perfect place for the Kop but I'm sure LCFC have said no before due to there being 600 seats less than the kop now. 

I doubt everyone would want to move over to that area to be honest. 

I'd happily get involved with UFS and relevant parties to put the idea forward to the club. 

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, RonnieTodger said:

Yeah it works well sometimes. I think Sheff Utd play their anthem and turn it off when the game kicks off, but the fans are still singing it. Sounds great.

Yep it does and little things like that often set the tone for the 90 minutes that follows especially if the team you support get off to a good start. 

Hopefully the club will one day work alongside fans that want to improve the atmosphere and we'll see a major improvement week in week out. 

• Like 1

Only way things will change is if mass pressure is put on the club to create a whole block for like minded fans. That doesn’t mean a little part at the top of sk1 it means a whole area from the bottom to the top so it doesn’t get infiltrated so to speak by people who have no inclination to sing or join in which is how SK1 is at the moment.

Surely a petition or something can be put forward for this?

4 hours ago, Ashley said:

I've asked for this to be raised at the next FCC meeting. Something needs to be done and quick. 

Seriously though, swap the Kop and Family stand I know it's been talked about before.... 😴

However it could be done. If Derby and Middlesbrough can move their away sections so can we. The only blocker i could see is the link to the shop from the Family Stand.

You only have to look at what Manchester United are doing... they also have fan engagement we dont. Its poor from the club. 

At a fairly recent meeting UFS had with club reps I told them about what Manchester United were doing, they had no idea about it. I left them with the literature United sent out to fans etc. 

Hopefully it was taken on board. I do get the feeling they are so petrified of doing a Derby and rejigging the stadium layout to help atmosphere.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, SemperEadem said:

At a fairly recent meeting UFS had with club reps I told them about what Manchester United were doing, they had no idea about it. I left them with the literature United sent out to fans etc. 

Hopefully it was taken on board. I do get the feeling they are so petrified of doing a Derby and rejigging the stadium layout to help atmosphere.

Let's be honest though. It could be done. We just need a fair few of us to get onto the club. Like I said in previous posts I'll happily help with going to the club. I want out atmosphere to be better. Hey I've ever given UFS well CB(not sure of his user on here) ideas for future tifos... 

11 minutes ago, Lako42 said:

Not sure what swapping one shit stand with another achieves? 

The Kop is full of half dead ******

It puts UFS on one side of away fans and The L/K lot the other. Both within a close distance so both can get the other going and sing together. 

That should in theory encourage those around to sing and make noise. In theory it should work well.

8 minutes ago, yorkie1999 said:

I think, once the extension has been built, the away fans need to be located up on top.

Cant do it under new ruling. Over team who have overcame it are Newcastle due to potential trouble.

There was talk of splitting the away end like man city do over 2 tiers 

Whilst I agree our support the last two home games has been unacceptable, you've got to say it comes down to the opposition, whereas on occasion and for the 'occasions' we've turned up. Arsenal was great.

This isn't just a Leicester problem though. Liverpool are unstoppable and the current champions of Europe... Anfield was painfully quiet. As I've always found it to be. 

Having said that, we should be buzzing whatever the game with how we're being spoilt on the pitch. Let's hope we get this singing section and get the right people together to make our atmosphere more consistent.

Edited by Stuntman_Mike

1 hour ago, Ashley said:

Cant do it under new ruling. Over team who have overcame it are Newcastle due to potential trouble.

There was talk of splitting the away end like man city do over 2 tiers 

So they introduced a rule that would impact one team in the whole league then gave them special dispensation to bypass it lol

I do think the ground expansion and potential rearrangement of that is the last hope really. I maintain our ground's had the wrong layout from the off and it's just eventually manifested into this.

6 hours ago, SemperEadem said:

Or maybe they are just dealing with bigger stuff, like recruiting a top manager, improving the squad, building a new training ground and redeveloping the stadium.

• Haha 3