Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
H.a.r.r.y

Support + atmosphere

Given our club size and where we are in the league you think the place would be bouncing. All season you’d think we were battling relegation it’s that bad, not just at home but away hasn’t been good either (Brighton at least was terrible, to the point where the home fans cheered ironically when we mustered a song up)

top 2 side, worst support in the league imo, given how well we’re doing.

imagine if Liverpool slipped up and we went on to win the league with this s*** support, it would be surreal and embarrassing.

too many people turn up and sit there waiting to be entertained, arms folded with no noise contribution.

95% of our fans either only contribute by clapping those banners, don’t do or say anything, or scream abuse at our players as their only source of noise the entire game. 

Almost all the people around me in the kop were silent apart from the few guys at the back as usual who always try and get it going. The only sound that left most people lips all game was groans when we lost the ball and the occasional shout of “for f**** sake chilwell” or “gerrimoff” for iheanacho.

We may as well bulldoze the west stand tbh, if you so much as open your mouth there you get reported to a steward, miserable bastards

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Lako42 said:

The booing isn't the issue. 

It's the piss poor support for the 90 minutes that actually count that is the issue

Trouble is it’s most likely the same fans offering their ‘piss poor support’ that are booing their team on an 8 game win streak. Probably the only noise they made the entire game aside from the goal, and that’s the sad truth.

Edited by TJB-fox

1 hour ago, BroughtonFox said:

Anyone complaining about the atmosphere needs to relocate to SK1. Lets get our atmosphere back.

I am in SK1 and I am complaining about the atmosphere. I sit down from UFS amongst people who sit on their hands for 90 minutes. Me and my daughter do sing but it really is just us amongst a load of geezers who yell the odd obscenity and that’s it. I like my seat and don’t want to move but I’m not the problem here. 

• Like 1

A few weeks back I took my southern based 15 year old brother to his second ever Leicester game at Brighton away (first was Real Madrid in 2011). He didn’t really know any of our players or songs, but he still outsang 98% of our fans there that day. He even tried to start some.

sums up the state of our support.

some people seem to go so they can just have a moan, others do so so they can relax and watch the game like it’s a play in a theatre.

as far as away support is concerned I see a disproportionate amount of people just sitting at away games or standing with arms folded in absolute silence all game even wins. Why do these people go to away games? Just watch on the telly?

few years back at an away game we were silent, so rather than join in with my attempts to get the atmosphere going, a guy near me just said “on your own mate”. Same guy offered no vocal support all game. Again, sums up the state of our fans.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, K1FOX said:

Our fans are shit. Most people on this forum reflect how shit our fans are. There I said it. 

Absolutely atrocious. You could hear a pin drop how the **** do you expect the team to come back from 1-0 down when 90% of the stadium is sitting quietly not even moving let alone making some noise 

I know, worst in the league home and away I’d say, at least teams like Southampton and Burnley have an excuse that their teams are shite, we have an amazing team and manager but 3rd rate support

• Like 1

Unless we go back to unreserved seating (or standing, preferably), pay at the gate and cheaper admission, we're stuck with this problem.

As it is, it encourages complacency and self-consciousness. An individual rather than a collective response.

Trouble is, the club and its prevailing wisdom isn't helpful here.

The demography of the crowd, the ticketing arrangements, the cost, the culture - those sodding clappers - all this needs to change. 

Maybe when the stadium expands something could be done. But given the club's depressing track record of complacency, I kind of doubt it.

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, Stoopid said:

Unless we go back to unreserved seating (or standing, preferably), pay at the gate and cheaper admission, we're stuck with this problem.

As it is, it encourages complacency and self-consciousness. An individual rather than a collective response.

Trouble is, the club and its prevailing wisdom isn't helpful here.

The demography of the crowd, the ticketing arrangements, the cost, the culture - those sodding clappers - all this needs to change. 

Maybe when the stadium expands something could be done. But given the club's depressing track record of complacency, I kind of doubt it.

Even my 16 year old kid knows that sitting is contributing to the lack of atmosphere and she’s never known anything other than sitting at games (apart from Bristol Rovers away in league 1).
When you sit it’s a real effort to sing and it’s so noticeable. UFS STAND at the back and sing solidly for 90+ minutes, it’s easier as your lungs aren’t squished. If a youngster can see that this is the issue, why can’t the club? I know their hands are tied a bit with the Taylor Report but that was 30 years ago, times have changed. 

I also agree that the clackers are shite. They’ve served their purpose now, they improved the atmosphere briefly but now they’re just a hindrance and gives opposition fans yet another stick to beat us with (pun intended). 

Edited by Katy
  • Like 2

The issue is that we’ve become expectant. We’re no longer desperate for the boys to score because we expect it to happen sooner or later and that manifests itself in a dull, quiet crowd. 

We need to get that underdog, challenger mentality back. Hopefully the next few games will prompt that. No reason we shouldn’t get up for a QF and two season defining games against Liverpool and Man City

• Like 4