Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
H.a.r.r.y

Support + atmosphere

7 minutes ago, lcfcell said:

Imagine what Rodgers thinks, Celtic have a great atmosphere and he’s come to a club that has quite frankly embarrassing home support. The players must hate it as well. 

Celtic have a standing area that encourages singing? We don’t. Do they have lots of flags too? That sort of stuff has always been opposed by the club. They’ve a bigger stadium, and we don’t seem to be expanding soon despite demand, so given that demand over the last few years it’s meant the club are missed out on a lot of new regular supporters which would have helped.

Cant just blame the fans it’s a two way thing and by that I’m not referring to the team which has clearly been doing great.

9 minutes ago, lcfcsnow said:

Celtic have a standing area that encourages singing? We don’t. Do they have lots of flags too? That sort of stuff has always been opposed by the club. They’ve a bigger stadium, and we don’t seem to be expanding soon despite demand, so given that demand over the last few years it’s meant the club are missed out on a lot of new regular supporters which would have helped.

Cant just blame the fans it’s a two way thing and by that I’m not referring to the team which has clearly been doing great.

Naa I’m blaming the fans. It’s shite. 

• Like 4

It's been the case that we've been much better in terms of vocal backing when we've been underdogs or up against it- the survival run started on the backdrop of a positive atmosphere and a nothing to lose mentality. The atmosphere against Sevilla was wonderful too.

But there is no excuse for it being so flat at the moment. It should be better against Liverpool, but we need to be careful that the players don't wonder why their efforts aren't being rewarded with a loud appreciation during the game and we are looked at as entitled.

• Like 1

People around me slating Barnes😠😠

I know he's not been doing what he's capable of, but I'm sure it'll come. 

When the vultures come for our players, they won't use our fans as a reason to stay. 

Wonder what Vardy thinks to negative shouts from the crowd to our young players? 

I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again - we have a Champions League standard squad with a League 1 level fan base. We are a complete and utter mismatch and don’t deserve each other. 

I can count on one hand the number of songs I’ve heard sung in K block over these last 2 home games. When I moved over to K six or seven years ago the place was absolutely bouncing. It’s died a slow death since and has now reached a point where you’re the odd one out of you try and get something going. People are just so uninterested - most are young lads more bothered about their bets and fantasy football teams.

I was considering moving back to the Kop but judging from the comments here it seems that side of the ground is just as bad. 

It’s truly depressing and I can’t see any way out of it. These are supposed to be the times of our lives and instead, I’m falling out of love with football. 

• Like 4

When you don't have one unified singing section and a club that cares more about a family environment inside the stadium then the atmosphere will always be pants.

you have that Union FS on one side of the ground and then L1 where the singing section was originally, pure stupidly on Union FS's part tbh. 

Surely Union FS should move over to L1 and create one big singing section down the east side.

Either that or the club has to do something about.

Its stupid of Union FS to create a singing section no where near the away fans for starters.

Edited by whoareyaaa
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, whoareyaaa said:

When you don't have one unified singing section and a club that cares more about a family environment inside the stadium then the atmosphere will always be pants.

you have that Union FS on one side of the ground and then L1 where the singing section was originally, pure stupidly on Union FS's part tbh. 

Surely Union FS should move over to L1 and create one big singing section down the east side.

Its stupid of Union FS to create a singing section no where near the away fans for starters.

Amazing that you're actually trying to blame UFS for the state of the atmosphere. Incredible work

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, whoareyaaa said:

If you can get 100 next to each other seats in L1 for the UFS lads, then great. 

Went for the top of SK1 as it was the only place with numerous empty seats for people to move to 6 years ago.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, whoareyaaa said:

Assume you've dealt with the club before and know how 'easy' it is to move a decent number of fans into one section, displacing loads of STH and members who probably have been sat there for years and may not want to move? 

Given the excitement about being given a singing section for the Wigan, maybe read into that on how difficult it is to get things like this set up.

2 hours ago, lcfcsnow said:

Rubbish. Fans are not interested. Club could do anything but 90% of our fans are not interested. Don’t understand why they come 

16 minutes ago, whoareyaaa said:

1 minute ago, whoareyaaa said:

I'm not moaning you idiot.

Pretty sure most of your above post is what's classed as moaning.

• Like 1

Imagine looking forward to a massive game (in a title race not a mid table game) all week to then get there and sit on your hands for 90mins in the cold, maybe clap your clapper to some shit music before the game and at half time to then leave having done nothing positive to effect the players. Then going home and moaning that this and that player wasn’t very good. Maybe go home and rate yourself as a fan. Most will get 0/10 at the KP

• Like 3

1 minute ago, UniFox21 said:

Pretty sure most of your above post is what's classed as moaning.

I was just suggesting how I think it could have been improved, I'm not moaning. I couldn't care less about the atmosphere as I don't even go home games these days.

But when I did used to go L1 was always classed as a signing section, someone obviously decided to start Union FS in the 'kop' when in reality it should have started or continued along the east side.

fair play to them though, im all for having a signing section its just in the wrong place

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, whoareyaaa said:

I was just suggesting how I think it could have been improved, I'm not moaning. I couldn't care less about the atmosphere as I don't even go home games these days.

But when I did used to go L1 was always classed as a signing section, someone obviously decided to start Union FS in the 'kop' when in reality it should have started or continued along the east side.

fair play to them though, im all for having a signing section its just in the wrong place

This is classic moaning but don't even go. Can it be printed and framed as an example for wanna be moaners who don't go?