Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
H.a.r.r.y

Support + atmosphere

On 06/12/2019 at 11:41, Ashley said:

Yep. 

Another footballing myth; Wembley has a big pitch. Well no it doesnt but the media like you said always persist with it. Snooze. 

It's not a myth if true though mate? In comparison to Premier league pitches non are larger than Wembley. More than happy to be corrected if I'm wrong on this

7 hours ago, Anglodanglo said:

It's not a myth if true though mate? In comparison to Premier league pitches non are larger than Wembley. More than happy to be corrected if I'm wrong on this

Wembley is small. Our pitch is bigger

7 hours ago, Anglodanglo said:

Wembley is 115 yd long by 75 yd wide.

KP is 115 yd long by 74 yd wide.

Largest pitch in the Prem is at the Amex at Brighton which is 115 yd long by just over 75 yd wide

Basically they are nearly all the same these days. 

Edited by Sean2000
Typo
  • Like 1

On 06/12/2019 at 12:43, Line-X said:

Absolutely. The noise, vibe and singing during the Arsenal game last month was amongst the best I've experienced at a home game in years. 

I agree, do think 5:30 kick off with the opportunity for many to get a few beers in prematch really helps the atmosphere

sounded loud on TV yesterday but have noticed whilst looking on Villa's forum and Liverpool's there were posts by people thinking we were singing "Champions of England, you'll never sing that" [to Aston Villa], although these were corrected by others saying it was "you made us sing that".

So a bit more clarity with the lyrics please chaps!!:ph34r:

23 hours ago, shilton_fox said:

I agree, do think 5:30 kick off with the opportunity for many to get a few beers in prematch really helps the atmosphere

I think it's the opposite these days. 

Too much booze makes the atmosphere suffer. They give it the biggun in the pub and the concourse and then lose their energy for the game. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Lako42 said:

Too much booze makes the atmosphere suffer. They give it the biggun in the pub and the concourse and then lose their energy for the game. 

The cynic in me thinks those who give it big in the concourse is them wanting decent clips for their social media points 

2 hours ago, Lako42 said:

Maybe, had never thought of it that way. For me personally if I’ve had a couple I’m a lot more up for it. If the atmosphere last Boxing Day is anything to go by it’ll be a good one 

On 09/12/2019 at 06:46, Ashley said:

Wembley is small. Our pitch is bigger

On 09/12/2019 at 06:57, Sean2000 said:

Wembley is 115 yd long by 75 yd wide.

KP is 115 yd long by 74 yd wide.

Largest pitch in the Prem is at the Amex at Brighton which is 115 yd long by just over 75 yd wide

Basically they are nearly all the same these days. 

Yea, but our pitch is deeper....

57 minutes ago, norwichfox said:

Yea, but our pitch is deeper....

Looking into it all pitches have to be the same size as Wembley unless the ground as a whole doesnt support it. I.e. because of how close the stands are to the pitch... 

So yeah myth. 

3 hours ago, UniFox21 said:

The cynic in me thinks those who give it big in the concourse is them wanting decent clips for their social media points 

They don't confine their phones to the concourse, of course. I was so frustrated at the number of phones out for Vardy's penalty against Brighton. It was horrendous. People just watching a moment through their phone screen rather than enjoying it.

Still, you never know how many likes you'll get, whether it'll get picked up by footballawayfanbantz on Twitter or by news channel, so better to be safe than sorry :rolleyes:

• Like 4
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, Ashley said:

Looking into it all pitches have to be the same size as Wembley unless the ground as a whole doesnt support it. I.e. because of how close the stands are to the pitch... 

So yeah myth. 

Does that include European games?

Stoke City used to narrow their pitch when they were in the Europa under Pulis as you saw the original lines greened out.

All for Delaps throws IIRC.

• Like 1