Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
H.a.r.r.y

Support + atmosphere

8 hours ago, BroughtonFox said:

If teams like Forest and Derby can relocate fans to create a singing section then there’s no reason why we can’t.

To be precise, Forest didn't actually relocate the away fans.   They just halved the away allocation from about 4000 to 2000.

The 2nd Division is a bit weird in that clubs only need to give 2000 or 10%, whichever is greater - As opposed to the Premier League's 3000 away fans.  

In the past 2nd Division clubs generally gave at least 3000 for away fans (some like Sheff Wed and Preston are still generous), but then someone read the small-print and realised they didn't have to give more than 2000.   So most clubs don't now.

Edited by worth_the_wait

Guest Markyblue

Being logical once the ground expansion happens why would the club not use the opportunity to improve the atmosphere with a singing section.  Top has been quoted many times about the need to RETAIN the kp atmosphere,  with the urging of fans I'm sure this will happen. 

I know this won't be universally popular...and has been debated many times...but i think we should take a lead from some of the European clubs and create the atmosphere.  UFS have produced some great tifos and they help. I think its time to add to that and orchestrate the atmosphere more.

I know they'll be some scorn coming my way....but soon we'll be back in Europe so why not behave like other European clubs?

Edited by Eamonn
typos

9 minutes ago, coolhandfox said:

So your comment was for comedy value, or try and belittle someone else point of view? 

Just a throwaway comment. But also worth pointing out because people may not realise the stuff that goes on speaking with the Chief Executive, the Manager etc, not just moaning at Jim who is actually very good at his job and puts up with a lot of shit. 

22 hours ago, yorkie1999 said:

Much like the blokes from the original kop then.

Well that's what the Kop from filbert st have turned into after all they will all now be early 40s even if they remember it and most likely mid to late 50s. And due to the lack of success during the 80s added with the issue of hooliganism thorugh the same period there's a huge missed generation potentially. I must have been 1 of about 4 that supported the city when I was at school.

Everyone else was armchair, liverpool, Everton, the fword, spurs, man utd, liverpool etc.

Recent success now sees 90% of my former primary school wearing Leicester shirts, which is great but my lads the lucky one who has a season ticket because I brought it when the ground was still half empty most weeks.

We must have lost almost a generation and those that now want to try create a KOP like atmosphere are so out numbered by the blue rinse brigade.

And that's not a dig at those that have been there over the years, but we must have one of the biggest age divides in premier league football. And by that I mean those that were there 30 plus years ago and those that now fill the family stand with their kids but are relatively new supporters themselves.

But we definitely have an issue, increased by the fact when we moved grounds it split the traditional Kop and also that pricing meant with clear sight lines that the Kop became a better option than paying twice as much for the West stand.

Theres certainly many factors that contribute but theres not many the club can solve overnight.

I know it wont be liked, but palace had similar issues but at least attempted despite much resistance to allow the holmsdale to relocate behind the goal, as has been mentioned elsewhere clubs such as Derby actively attempted to help matters.

Our club. Could easily sandwich the away fans if they wanted, they won't however because our our structure in terms of away end location seems to have been pushed by the police, easy in and out, holding cells etc all located in that corner.

I hate to admit it, but I feel we are stuck with what we have, as the club aren't really interested in that changing and as a fan base we seem so split on the issue. As this forum seems to show.

Edited by Bayfox
  • Like 3

Just now, Bayfox said:

Well that's what the Kop from filbert st have turned into after all they will all now be early 40s even if they remember it and most likely mid to late 50s. And due to the lack of success during the 80s added with the issue of hooliganism thorugh the same period there's a huge missed generation potentially. I must have been 1 of about 4 that supported the city when I was at school.

Everyone else was armchair, liverpool, Everton, the fword, spurs, man utd, liverpool etc.

Recent success now sees 90% of my former primary school wearing Leicester shirts, which is great but my lads the lucky one who has a season ticket because I brought it when the ground was still half empty most weeks.

We must have lost almost a generation and those that now want to try create a KOP like atmosphere are so out numbered by the blue rinse brigade.

And that's not a dig at those that have been there over the years, but we must have one of the biggest age divides in premier league football. And by that I mean those that were there 30 plus years ago and those that now fill the family stand with their kids but are relatively new supporters themselves.

But we definitely have an issue, increased by the fact when we moved grounds it split the traditional Kop and also that pricing meant with clear sight lines that the Kop became a better option than paying twice as much for the West stand.

Theres certainly many factors that contribute but theres not many the club can solve overnight.

I know it wont be liked, but palace had similar issues but at least attempted despite much resistance to allow the holmsdale to relocate behind the goal, as has been mentioned elsewhere clubs such as Derby actively attempted to help matters.

Our club. Could easily sandwich the away fans if they wanted, they won't however because our our structure in terms of away end location seems to have been pushed by the police, east in and out, holding cells etc all located in that corner.

I hate to admit it, but I feel we are stuck with what we have, as the club aren't really interested in that changing and as a fan base we seem so split on the issue. As this forum seems to show.

I was on about the original kop.

Don't know if posted yet but the limbs in the Kop here are unimaginable from what you see on TV now, and remembering that day this isn't some Mandela effect reaction from fans overhyping how good the atmosphere was on days like this. 

But out of interest does anyone know what this looked like for goals like Albrighton vs Seville, Vardy vs Man United etc? My Man United supporting friend said the Maguire Equaliser a few Christmases ago was one of the biggest home celebrations he'd ever seen next to the away end. Not that 'limbs' means anything for atmosphere but at Watford at home some round me barely made the effort to stand and clap.

Our efforts in league one, championship and certain games in the prem convince me we aren't a lost cause like some clubs

15 hours ago, Bayfox said:

Well that's what the Kop from filbert st have turned into after all they will all now be early 40s even if they remember it and most likely mid to late 50s.

40's? 50's? I'm bloody 68 tomorrow, still remember the kop in the 1960's, if only we could get that atmosphere back - without all the fighting obviously, see y'all in the SK1 singing section for Wigan - assuming I get my pacemaker for Christmas.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, steveherbe said:

40's? 50's? I'm bloody 68 tomorrow, still remember the kop in the 1960's, if only we could get that atmosphere back - without all the fighting obviously, see y'all in the SK1 singing section for Wigan - assuming I get my pacemaker for Christmas.

Old bastard. Don't forget your flask and blanket, will be cold one:scarf:

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, Sammy said:

Don't know if posted yet but the limbs in the Kop here are unimaginable from what you see on TV now, and remembering that day this isn't some Mandela effect reaction from fans overhyping how good the atmosphere was on days like this. 

But out of interest does anyone know what this looked like for goals like Albrighton vs Seville, Vardy vs Man United etc? My Man United supporting friend said the Maguire Equaliser a few Christmases ago was one of the biggest home celebrations he'd ever seen next to the away end. Not that 'limbs' means anything for atmosphere but at Watford at home some round me barely made the effort to stand and clap.

Our efforts in league one, championship and certain games in the prem convince me we aren't a lost cause like some clubs

That was an awesome atmosphere!

but back in league one, just like the championship and now Prem, many atmospheres were crap.

so what’s the link with the better atmospheres?

some games we were underdogs going into the games.

some games we were not underdogs but were 1-2 goals down, before the atmosphere changed.

some games had a lot of attention before, Like the Leeds in league 1, the champions league games, Everton on the day we celebrated winning the league.

so on those 3 examples the atmosphere was brilliant!

I think the games were expected to win, the atmosphere is crap.

likewise when the away support is small, our atmosphere is often shit.

just my views