Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Wymsey

Euro 2020 Qualifiers

The point is to treat them harshly so their OWN people turn on their OWN racists more harshly and get it stamped out.

By making everyones life completely miserable for a bit itll eventually force the idiots out.

Make every single one of them have to do something thatll totally damage their ego so badly if one of them steps out of line all the good fans will pressure them to the extent they wont do it.

Their brains cant understand why racism is wrong but they can understand how being forced to attend the game dressed as a clown or not get in will subdue their hooligan mind and make the entire world laugh at them till they stop.

Finland two nil up against Armenia. 

Presuming they beat Liechtenstein at home in their next game, they will qualify for the Euros with either a win away to Greece or Bosnia dropping points in any of their last three games, including Italy at home.

7 hours ago, KrefelderFox666 said:

I like your rational thinking...

They need to punish individuals and they have plenty of footage for it (from yesterday's game), there is no hiding for UEFA now.

Do you also blame Islam for all acts of terror and want to punish them all?

What is the point of your last sentence as I'm not sure that has anything to do with football?

7 hours ago, bovril said:

Would you do the same thing for individual players who display racism? 

Why not? The footballing authorities around the world have kicked this can down the road for far too long all because UEFA & FIFA are spineless and appear happy to fine nations and ask them play behind closed doors which has proved beyond doubt does not work.

9 minutes ago, David Hankey said:

What is the point of your last sentence as I'm not sure that has anything to do with football?

Sorry, I forgot this was a football only forum.

Let me try and give you an example you may be able to process.

If a couple of lads, let's say L1, were being racist/homophobic/whatever abuse (none is worse than another), you would happily shut the KP for a game or two and punish 30,000 other people who behave immaculately?

3 minutes ago, KrefelderFox666 said:

If a couple of lads, let's say L1, were being racist/homophobic/whatever abuse (none is worse than another), you would happily shut the KP for a game or two and punish 30,000 other people who behave immaculately?

Your analogy is somewhat distorted. A "couple of lads" compared to thousands last night. Quite easily a couple of lads can be singled out, ejected and ban sine die.

I thought we could all agree; Football does not need Bulgaria and their like.

7 minutes ago, KrefelderFox666 said:

A couple of lads can be dealt with with the anonymous texting.

If it was regular and lots of fans yes shut the ground.

In fact if it was more and regularly id stop going. I dont want to be associated with such people or such a sport.

1 minute ago, David Hankey said:

Your analogy is somewhat distorted. A "couple of lads" compared to thousands last night. Quite easily a couple of lads can be singled out, ejected and ban sine die.

Bulgaria can stay, I could simply and gladly do without their braindead following.

19729438-0-image-a-6_1571126251006.jpg

Switzerland beat ROI 2-0 in the end.

Shambles of a performance, really. Penalty saved, then the fear sets in, just don't concede another late equalizer...

Fernandes' shot in the dying minutes deflected and in. Relief.

Happy for the team, but we need to do so much better. Too nonchalant still.

Hopefully, we can now beat Georgia (h) and Gibraltar (a) in the last two qualifying matches.

50 minutes ago, Nalis said:

Denmark and Swiss to go through considering the fixtures they have left.

All it takes is an off day for the Danes and a bit of luck for the Irish. Not that unlikely really. 

Denmark haven't lost a competitive game in normal time under Hareide during his three year tenure. I could see his record fall to pieces in his (potentially) last game in charge. 

13 hours ago, David Hankey said:

And you know it was that many? Fair enough, you are entitled to your opinion.

9 hours ago, shen said:

All it takes is an off day for the Danes and a bit of luck for the Irish. Not that unlikely really. 

Denmark haven't lost a competitive game in normal time under Hareide during his three year tenure. I could see his record fall to pieces in his (potentially) last game in charge. 

Luck of the Irish?

11 hours ago, shen said:

For once I and a few other Irish Foxes will be hoping Kasper has a mare and  let’s a couple of soft goals in....He literally kept Denmark in it single handed at the weekend...

• 2 weeks later...

Returning to the abuse towards England players by some Bulgaria fans:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/50212951

Disgraceful action by UEFA; they cannot be serious about stopping future abuse. This is a totally inadequate punishment, particularly as there was a partial stadium closure already in place. Only one game before the racists are allowed to return.

Thers should have been a decision to suspend Bugaria from the next Euro Championship, or, at the very least a suspended sentence. (It would have been nonsensible to suspend from current tournament given thay have no chance of qualifying -and all results againstthem would have to be discounted.)

I would be very interested to see the uproar if England were ever to be suspended from a future tournament because of the behaviour of a section (or less) of fans . I can't offer a solution besides punish only those who are found to be committing these offences, which I understand is easier said than done, but how is it fair to take away the opportunity from players to play at a World Cup for example because of incidents completely and utterly out of their control? It is so easy to say throw the book at Bulgaria because that ruling has absolutely no impact on our lives. Try it closer to home and nobody will like it. It is a blind fantasy that racist incidents will stop if those people were to realise that their actions would result in competition bans.

The unfairness also spreads to the decent fans who would be robbed of the chance to watch their country in action (re. stadium bans etc)

Edited by Walkers
  • Like 1