Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Wymsey

Euro 2020 Qualifiers

14 hours ago, oxford blue said:

Returning to the abuse towards England players by some Bulgaria fans:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/50212951

Disgraceful action by UEFA; they cannot be serious about stopping future abuse. This is a totally inadequate punishment, particularly as there was a partial stadium closure already in place. Only one game before the racists are allowed to return.

Thers should have been a decision to suspend Bugaria from the next Euro Championship, or, at the very least a suspended sentence. (It would have been nonsensible to suspend from current tournament given thay have no chance of qualifying -and all results againstthem would have to be discounted.)

Think they have a playoff spot pretty much guaranteed as it stands.

8 hours ago, KrefelderFox666 said:

Think they have a playoff spot pretty much guaranteed as it stands.

I think you be right; I had assumed a team 8 points adrift of third place would get eliminated. The rules for qualification are complicated and I am still not sure I fully understand. Nevertheless, Bulgaria would need to improve considerably to qualify based on current resuls.

13 minutes ago, oxford blue said:

I think you be right; I had assumed a team 8 points adrift of third place would get eliminated. The rules for qualification are complicated and I am still not sure I fully understand. Nevertheless, Bulgaria would need to improve considerably to qualify based on current resuls.

They could potentially play Scotland in the play offs so maybe not

17 hours ago, oxford blue said:

Basically, if you are in the top three tiers of the Nations League, you are guaranteed a place in the playoffs and therefore a chance to qualify for the tournament.

20 spots taken in tournament, 12 teams from leagues A/B/C in the playoffs. That only leaves about 7 teams that miss out from leagues A/B/C.

Simples!

Edited by KrefelderFox666

• 2 weeks later...
4 minutes ago, RowlattsFox said:

From what I know it seems a bit pathetic. If there is more to it then fair enough but could easily have handled without the fuss this is going to cause. There is always going to be the odd confrontation in training, even more so when they have to meet up the day after playing.

Genuinely think Liverpool fans need to take pretty much the lions share of the blame to be quite honest. Not that they'll care.

ScOuSe NoT eNgLiSh. :rolleyes:

Their victimisation of Sterling is getting to the point of quite frankly being vile. It was always petty, bitter, tinpot sentiment, crying because he dared to advance his career. 

But the fact they turn basically every time he visits Anfield in to a witch hunt years later is just pathetic. What a hateful, poisonous little group of people they are. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Finnegan said:

Genuinely think Liverpool fans need to take pretty much the lions share of the blame to be quite honest. Not that they'll care.

ScOuSe NoT eNgLiSh. :rolleyes:

Their victimisation of Sterling is getting to the point of quite frankly being vile. It was always petty, bitter, tinpot sentiment, crying because he dared to advance his career. 

But the fact they turn basically every time he visits Anfield in to a witch hunt years later is just pathetic. What a hateful, poisonous little group of people they are. 

come on finners play the game. 

i have no idea why they boo him because he made a forward step in his career, i think it's weird, but pretty much all football fans do the same. especially now they see themselves as pretty big rivals. 

we bood maguire, we'll boo mahrez, we've bood kante, we would boo drinkwater if he ever got on the pitch. it's just football these days. 

4 minutes ago, ScouseFox said:

come on finners play the game. 

i have no idea why they boo him because he made a forward step in his career, i think it's weird, but pretty much all football fans do the same. especially now they see themselves as pretty big rivals. 

we bood maguire, we'll boo mahrez, we've bood kante, we would boo drinkwater if he ever got on the pitch. it's just football these days. 

No way near the targeted abuse Sterling gets from Liverpool. Sorry, only person is can think in my life that got as much systematic abuse as Sterling does by Liverpool was Sol Campbell by Spurs. 

2 hours ago, Super_horns said:
Guess Southgate wanted to make a point about a united  squad ?

In the past this incident would have been covered up by the FA saying Sterling had a knock .

Southgate has handled this terribly and hung Sterling out to dry. I'm sure lots of fights and arguments happen all the time, but to drop Sterling is utterly ridiculous. The media will be after him even more now. 

I don't think Southgate will ever make a Premier manager and this shows his decision making is awful, and he isn't very good anyway.

• Like 1