Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Wymsey

Euro 2020 Qualifiers

16 hours ago, Miquel The Work Geordie said:

The Welsh national anthem is so, so much better than our dirge. Imagine hearing that before playing footy, no wonder they qualified for the Euros with Chris Coleman at the helm of you have that before every game.

Could be worse though, could have Flower of Scotland.

Oddly enough i like the Scottish one. And tge welsh, yea the English one is absolutely shit 😂

• Like 1

i genuinely thought wales hadn't won a game and were getting embarrassed they were that far off qualifying, one win against some part timers from god knows where and it's one of the finest achievements in their history or whatever giggs said. scotland can still qualify? and both irelands? is there anyone out there who can't qualify?

why are we even having qualifying? just let everyone in for a laugh. 

7 hours ago, ScouseFox said:

i genuinely thought wales hadn't won a game and were getting embarrassed they were that far off qualifying, one win against some part timers from god knows where and it's one of the finest achievements in their history or whatever giggs said. scotland can still qualify? and both irelands? is there anyone out there who can't qualify?

why are we even having qualifying? just let everyone in for a laugh. 

With you on Wales.I thought they’d had an awful campaign and Giggs was headed for the sack.Seriously though UEFA have turned this competition into a joke.I hate this 24 team format and the way they have complicated things,with the

league Of nations thingy.

7 hours ago, Heathrow fox said:

With you on Wales.I thought they’d had an awful campaign and Giggs was headed for the sack.Seriously though UEFA have turned this competition into a joke.I hate this 24 team format and the way they have complicated things,with the

We have been shit no question but we finished in the top two of our group. That's pretty solid ground for qualification in most tournaments. 

It's largely because we just got an extremely generous group. Something England can relate to. 

Given some of the rubbish getting in through the CoN and the insane playoffs I think we can feel like we earned our place pretty normally. 

24 minutes ago, tylesta said:

Be a playoff in the world cup wouldn't it not?

Sure but then how many European places are there in a wc? Its been top two in European qualifying several times before. 

For example, when England had to finish top two in a group of Croatia and a bunch of minnows in Russia, Macedonia, Israel, Estonia and Andorra in 2008.

20 hours ago, Heathrow fox said:

Why..???  Because its easy to hate. and every can be an expert and solve how to bring in the east european & the  split old Yugoslavian countries etc.....

.They Also have a right to compete....Some are Bang avg,But some are also showing they have class & quality,no matter how small the nation....

If wasnt long ago....that teams like Hungary,Rumania,Bulgaria,Czech( of old)were considered Quality and difficult opponents...you Beat them,you qualified..!

Or advanced further in the finals.....!  and also look at Turkey,Iceland,Finland they have grown over the years...

I would give Teams like,Gibralter,San Marino,Luxembourg,Lichtenstein,Faroe.Is.,Luxembourg...etc their own Ecup competition

where both finalist qualify for the Big boys trophy....Ditto for Wcup..und FIFA teams.

1 hour ago, fuchsntf said:

Why..???  Because its easy to hate. and every can be an expert and solve how to bring in the east european & the  split old Yugoslavian countries etc.....

.They Also have a right to compete....Some are Bang avg,But some are also showing they have class & quality,no matter how small the nation....

If wasnt long ago....that teams like Hungary,Rumania,Bulgaria,Czech( of old)were considered Quality and difficult opponents...you Beat them,you qualified..!

Or advanced further in the finals.....!  and also look at Turkey,Iceland,Finland they have grown over the years...

I would give Teams like,Gibralter,San Marino,Luxembourg,Lichtenstein,Faroe.Is.,Luxembourg...etc their own Ecup competition

where both finalist qualify for the Big boys trophy....Ditto for Wcup..und FIFA teams.

Where do you get hate from?My gripe is that the competition has been devalued to an extent.Yes there are more countries to take into account.The finals did go from 8 to 16 though,partly to accommodate that in 1996.

If your good enough you will qualify.Iceland proved that at last years World Cup,It’s still actually hard to get to that competition.Yes Croatia’s World Cup record is better than England’s since the breakup of Yugoslavia.Size really isn’t the be all and end all.Having a limited number of quality teams in a finals is though.Thats why they’re called finals.

I take it you are in favour of expanding the World Cup aswell then?So that everyone gets a chance.Not for me thanks.Less is more.

29 minutes ago, Heathrow fox said:

Where do you get hate from?My gripe is that the competition has been devalued to an extent.Yes there are more countries to take into account.The finals did go from 8 to 16 though,partly to accommodate that in 1996.

If your good enough you will qualify.Iceland proved that at last years World Cup,It’s still actually hard to get to that competition.Yes Croatia’s World Cup record is better than England’s since the breakup of Yugoslavia.Size really isn’t the be all and end all.Having a limited number of quality teams in a finals is though.Thats why they’re called finals.

I take it you are in favour of expanding the World Cup aswell then?So that everyone gets a chance.Not for me thanks.Less is more.

you used the word hate....:rolleyes:

hate this 24 team format and the way they have complicated things,with the

look,, Keeping the discussion light....I wouldnt mind if like the new "League of nations" Teams were given rankings.

It cant be much Fun Losing every game 5 to 8 nil,give the minnows their own platform,with Motivation to develope still with a Chance of playing in a  top group,

of qualification Playoffs Routes among themselves....

Like you I would Love to Keep the Numbers down, But there also has to be a fine balance,where decent Teams are given a fair crack....

Firstly the fans have to understand,even respect its Not getting easier for either EUFA, & FIFA,just demanding  16 ,24 or 32 teams in the finals,will have alot of new

International Quality Team Associations demanding to be shown more respect. A few will also improve their Quality over a 4-6 year period where others will fade...

Expanding Open World is Changing and even forcing the outlook...

• Path A: Iceland,Bulgaria, Hungary Romania
  • Path B: Bosnia-Herzegovina, Slovakia, Republic of Ireland, Northern Ireland
  • Path C: Scotland, Israel, Norway, Serbia
  • Path D: Georgia, North Macedonia, Kosovo, Belarus

Edited by Wymeswold fox

Scotland guaranteed in our group if they get through. (Can’t see it though). We are also guaranteed 1 of France, Poland, Switzerland or Croatia in our group from pot 2.

All group games at Wembley is also guaranteed. Much of the route is pre known. We’ve had flights to Dublin and Rome booked for months. (Just praying we win the group!). 😂

45 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

We're all Israel, Norway and Serbia aren't we 

Do you think Bale will return to Tottenham?

It does sound like a viable move tbh, especially as he played very well during his stint there.

Bale must be laughing at this situation with his present club.

He's done all he can there, really, and he now knows how to wind them up the wrong way..

1 hour ago, Wymeswold fox said:

Do you think Bale will return to Tottenham?

It does sound like a viable move tbh, especially as he played very well during his stint there.

Bale must be laughing at this situation with his present club.

He's done all he can there, really, and he now knows how to wind them up the wrong way..

I personally can't see Bale going to anyone in Europe not in the CL.