Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Wymsey

Euro 2020 Qualifiers

The Bulgarian team look like they don't want to be there. Resigned to losing or being in a game that counts for nothing.

The Bulgarian players could do with speaking out against this, but may well be in fear of having their homes torched if they do.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, ScouseFox said:

no i know that's the "protocol", but in interviews before the last match both mings and abraham said the squad had discussed with the manager that they didn't think it was particularly hard punishing enough to "let them be racist twice before anything actually gets done", they were gonna ignore protocol and just fu ck off as soon as the racists got going. 

i can't work out if we are really good at attacking or these are genuinely not trying 

They were saying before the Czech Republic match that they’d walk off against Bulgaria if any of this nonsense happened. They probably thought we’d be qualified by the time we kicked off here so maybe they’ve changed there minds. Maybe I’m being a bit cynical dunno 

Just now, Samilktray said:

They were saying before the Czech Republic match that they’d walk off against Bulgaria if any of this nonsense happened. They probably thought we’d be qualified by the time we kicked off here so maybe they’ve changed there minds. Maybe I’m being a bit cynical dunno 

ah yeah didn't think of that, fair play. 

i mean either way we aren't gonna finish this game if they play by "the protocol", there is no way there won't be one more racist comment/noise in the next 45 minutes. will be interesting to see if they do actually call it off. 

2 minutes ago, Leicester_Loyal said:

Hence our point? They've not done what they said, they are instead following the protocol outlined by UEFA?

That’s what I’ve said? If they were going to just walk off, they’ve clearly not done

:D

Edited by Col city fan

2 minutes ago, Col city fan said:

That’s what I’ve said? If they were going to just walk off, they’ve clearly not done

I'm confused.

Scouse said the plan was for the players to walk off at the first sign of racism. You said that was never the plan, but in interviews that's literally what our own players said.

Edited by Leicester_Loyal

Just now, Nalis said:

If it is abandoned and England are awarded a walkover, would they win by the standard walkover scoreline of 3-0 as opposed to the current scoreline of 4-0?

I would guess so. Rather that than a replay behind closed doors again. 

1 minute ago, Leicester_Loyal said:

I'm confused.

Scouse said the plan was for the players to walk off at the first sign of racism. You said that was never the plan, but in interviews that's literally what our own players said.

Nothing to be confused about. I didn’t realise they’d said before the game that they’d just ‘walk’ at the first sign of racism. I was replying to Scouse re the protocol

Finally, if that’s what they’d said they do, they clearly haven’t. They’ve decided to stick to protocol.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, ScouseFox said:

i thought we were taking the no nonsense view and the first bit of racist abuse we were just sacking it off? what happened to that plan? 

21 minutes ago, Col city fan said:

That was never the plan. 

14 minutes ago, Leicester_Loyal said:

Scouse is right, I definitely read that too. It was said as soon as the first bit of racism occurred the team would all walk off together. Nothing to do with the protocol.

5 minutes ago, Col city fan said:

@Col city fan seems to be quite confused with this.

10 hours ago, Finnegan said:

Pretty sure he was offered it when Cookie was and ****ed it off because he was hoping to get a Prem job. Realised nobody was going to hire him. 

I'd honestly have rathered we'd had Bellers. At least the team would have some fire to it. 

Giggs is such a passive human being, obviously you don't know what happens in a squad away from the media but I just can't ever see him being a leader. He's got the charisma of a concrete driveway. 

Everyone argued about how Puel seemed boring in interviews and whether it mattered and the answer is obviously no it doesn't. But it does give a slight insight in to the natural charisma a person has, Pearson often gave very dour interviews but you could tell there was a spark underneath that. He was sociable, well spoken, often very intense. 

Giggs is as intense as an ALDI bag of mixed leaves. I can't imagine him inspiring anyone. 

The players would have run through walls for Speedo and Coleman. We're desperate for some of that now. 

I'm shocked anyone wants to employ Giggs as a manager. He's just not cut out for it.

There's a video of a team talk of his when he was caretaker at Man Utd. You've probably seen it. Just awful. 32 mins in...