Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Tuna

Puel 'Facing the sack' - reports

Just now, yks said:

No, we were always right because we finished 9th in the league and then are ranked 7th despite all the shit we went through and some haters kept telling we were shit weeks after weeks.

There's far more to it than league position.  And even if you want to judge on league position then that is also open to opinion as there are differing expectations.

My personal expectation is that we should have finished above Burnley last year with the squad and resources we had and this year I'd expect no lower than 8th.

If we're judging on current league position then we'll forever be changing opinion as there are about 3 points separating about 6 teams (hence why we've moved from 12th to 8th in two games). That's in a poor league where any decent team can pull well clear of the dross outside of the top 6 and it's indisputable that at times in the last 12 months we have been absolutely dire.

10 minutes ago, Freeman's Wharfer said:

The irony of this Puel In/Puel Out debate (which is the most divisive I've ever seen during my time supporting Leicester) is that those who are Puel Out have reached an opinion based on 40+ games yet off the back of one or two performances/good results those who are Puel In will hold that up as proof they were always right.

The truth is, no one's right and no one's wrong. And it's possible to hold one opinion at one time and revise that at another based upon what you're seeing.

I was (and probably still am) Puel Out. But that's because I feel results haven't been good enough at times and the style has been uninspiring - both of which can be transient.

My personal opinion is that Puel was brought in to change us into a team that could dominate possession and beat the bottom 10-12 teams in the Premier League. We've beaten two of the top six with minimal possession - so I don't think this actually tells us much about his progress against the job with which he was tasked.

What these results do earn him (rightfully) is time. Let's see where we are at in 6 games' time. And let's remember that this is not about "I told you so".

League table NEVER lies how many seasons  in our history have we been this high at Christmas ! 

That ain’t achieved in two games buddy 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Freeman's Wharfer said:

There's far more to it than league position.  And even if you want to judge on league position then that is also open to opinion as there are differing expectations.

My personal expectation is that we should have finished above Burnley last year with the squad and resources we had and this year I'd expect no lower than 8th.

If we're judging on current league position then we'll forever be changing opinion as there are about 3 points separating about 6 teams (hence why we've moved from 12th to 8th in two games). That's in a poor league where any decent team can pull well clear of the dross outside of the top 6 and it's indisputable that at times in the last 12 months we have been absolutely dire.

Every team have been dire at times every season, except the contenders for Champions League and even that is debatable.
That is absolutely not a reason to fire or even doubt a manager's competence.

• Like 1

Here comes the "poor league" bollocks. Just for clarity, what absolutely amazing decade or so of brilliant bottom half teams are you judging this against?

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Babylon said:

Jesus ****ing christ. 

Yeah, those who are Puel in is ALL about two results and not finishing top 10 last year or being 7th now. But yeah, those who are Puel out are looking at the bigger picture. 

There is no right or wrong, each to their own. But we are 7th FFS. 

Puel was brought in, to a team that has sacked two managers for getting us bottom three. To add another dimensions to our play, we are 7th so there is an improvement against all teams whether you accept that or not. Yes, there is a long way to go, there are still issues, we need to still improve the play against those that sit and defend. But lets not make out that results have not improved all round. 

Careful pinning all of your justification on 7th. We were 12th two games ago and there are 4 points between us and 12th now...

Every single side (except possibly Huddersfield) would have been disappointed to finish below Burnley last year.

Burnley lucking out with a freakish season is not a stick with which to beat Leicester City’s performance last year.

1 minute ago, FilbertFrog said:

League table NEVER lies how many seasons  in our history have we been this high at Christmas ! 

That ain’t achieved in two games buddy 

It's a "poor league" completely ignoring the fact nobody else seems to be able to take advantage of that. A bit like how the "league was shit" when we won it according to other fans. 

• Like 1

Think some are being hard on the likes of Geoff Peters  he is a Leicester City fan who also has to comment on the team. He won't have the luxury of sitting on the fence like many of us, he has to comment and his business is about news and stories not anything like a long term project, Leicester being a work in progress will have very little interest to the masses. He will be put on the spot like other journalists and has to report on the games, do people want a Billy Anderson like watching Brazil report or  the honesty of a poor performance and an explanation or reason for it.

2 minutes ago, ttfn said:

Every single side (except possibly Huddersfield) would have been disappointed to finish below Burnley last year.

Burnley lucking out with a freakish season is not a stick with which to beat Leicester City’s performance last year.

Every manager, including Poch' should have got sacked when we won the league. 

2 minutes ago, Freeman's Wharfer said:

Stoke (Tony Pulis)

Ipswich (Mick McCarthy)

charlton (curbs) 

etc etc etc ..........

all clubs who had stable managers getting regular stable league positions and the “fans” wanted more so they made those managers leave and those “fans” soon figured out the grass is never greener on the other side ! 

we are in a fantastic position in the league , we have the shoots of a new era dawning , and we have a very very good and stable manager 

yet some want him gone .... before he has even started ! 

Beggars belief really 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Sol thewall Bamba said:

EdDiE hOwE

I see the positives of Howe but he regularly gets thumped by the top six and will throw in an absolute shocker (4-0 defeat at Burnley).

I think we'd be good to watch but can't help feeling we'd be too open against the top teams.

2 minutes ago, Babylon said:

Here comes the "poor league" bollocks. Just for clarity, what absolutely amazing decade or so of brilliant bottom half teams are you judging this against?

Ah the poor league 'bollocks'. Yet THREE teams had their best ever starts to a Premier League season and at the halfway point the highest team in the bottom three has 12 points.

Double that 12 points. If those teams have the same second half of the season to their first half they will end on 24 points yet usually people talk of 40 points to stay up.

That, my friend, constitutes a poor league. Some of the top 6 are taking more points than ever.

2 minutes ago, Corky said:

I see the positives of Howe but he regularly gets thumped by the top six and will throw in an absolute shocker (4-0 defeat at Burnley).

I think we'd be good to watch but can't help feeling we'd be too open against the top teams.

Eddie lost 8 of the last 10 Howe

28 minutes ago, LCFC FOX said:

Yeah because keeping possession is that easy against Chelsea and Man City. The only reason we set up how we did today and against Chelsea was because they’re a much better side. It’ll be different against Cardiff when we’re expecting to win. We’ll have more possession again

Read my post again. Then reply with something relevant.

2 minutes ago, Freeman's Wharfer said:

Ah the poor league 'bollocks'. Yet THREE teams had their best ever starts to a Premier League season and at the halfway point the highest team in the bottom three has 12 points.

Double that 12 points. If those teams have the same second half of the season to their first half they will end on 24 points yet usually people talk of 40 points to stay up.

That, my friend, constitutes a poor league. Some of the top 6 are taking more points than ever.

You do realise that the results of the bottom three have no impact of how good the entire league is don't you. There are years when big teams drop points left right and centre. There are others, when it's actually pretty rare like this year (until perhaps the last couple of weeks). 

Just one random picked year, Newcastle finished 5th in 03/04 with 56 points. Arsenal are on for 76. That can say a load of different things. 

We won the league with 81 points and were told it was the worst Premier League ever.

I refer you to my earlier comment. Everyone has already made their minds up about Puel one way or the other and we’ll have these tedious exchanges until he’s either sacked or he pulls off a miracle and we finish in the top 6 three years running.

Just now, ttfn said:

We won the league with 81 points and were told it was the worst Premier League ever.

I refer you to my earlier comment. Everyone has already made their minds up about Puel one way or the other and we’ll have these tedious exchanges until he’s either sacked or he pulls off a miracle and we finish in the top 6 three years running.

I'm pretty non plussed about the bloke in all honestly, but there is so much ****ing utter tripe written that I can't help defend him. 

• Like 4

The only difference is until the last two games, it’s been like watching paint dry, boring as ****.

Two entertaining, end to end football matches like the old days, and puel is the greatest again, let’s see against Cardiff Saturday wether he’s/ they have changed, or we revert back to slow sideways and backwards passing, hope not?

• Like 2

48 minutes ago, Babylon said:

Such and annoying and basic point of view. I'm sorry but it's like you have completely ignored all past performances against the better teams since he joined. 

“All” lol 

Erm nope, grimaced through spurs reading us the riot act earlier this month and I watched merrily on as arsenal outclassed us two months ago. Or maybe it was watching Manchester City stick 5 past us in February maybe that’s one I ignored. 

Lets not make light of this week just because we’ve run the top six close a few times, got a couple of draws and more often than not ended up losing. although I’m not entirely sure what point you’re trying to make anyway.