Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Tuna

Puel 'Facing the sack' - reports

9 hours ago, yks said:

Based on what ?
He hasn't accomplished half of what Puel has in his career.

Not in terms of silver wear,

but from where Bournemouth have come he’s done an amazing job,

so you could say ranieri hasn’t accomplished as much as he’s only won one title,but who did he win that with,

its all in material 

1 hour ago, Russell sprout said:

Not in terms of silver wear,

but from where Bournemouth have come he’s done an amazing job,

so you could say ranieri hasn’t accomplished as much as he’s only won one title,but who did he win that with,

its all in material 

For how long? Amazing job in less than a year? With bunch of high paying bench player? 

12 hours ago, yks said:

Based on what ?
He hasn't accomplished half of what Puel has in his career.

For abit of balance Puel's been in the management game almost double the amount of time Howe has, with better teams, in easier leagues, matter of opinion of course.

Be fair to Puel, what he has accomplished was a Ligue 1 Title, Cup and Intertoto Cup within his 1st 4 years, unless i'm wrong, nothing since. A CL semi-final and a League Cup final if you want to include that, when I say "nothing since" i'm not using that as a stick to beat Puel with for clarification, but to say he has accomplished half of what Puel has in career, when he has League Two promotion, League One promotion, Championship title, kept them in the Premier League and turned them into a established, mid table Premier League club on a smaller platform when you consider he only been in management half the time Puel has, again, for clarification i'm not using it as a stick to point at Puel, Puel in/out, his time here all to one side, i'm just discussing your comment and comparisons.

For another bit of balance i'm not sure Howe would be right for us, I think he could be one of those managers that settles and excels with one club, arguably like Dyche, like Pearson. I say that with the greatest respect for what he's done at Bournemouth, time will tell if and when he comes to leave there.

Edited by Matt

5 hours ago, Hanan96 said:

Hmm

Inter milan went from treble winners onto struggling sides for decades after hire him

I didnt want such miracles

Don't be silly. One mangers tenure could not possibly account for decades of decline. That club was already on the slide.

7 hours ago, somebum said:

What exactly is half of nothing

Ligue 1 Champion, transforming twice a relegation candidate into a title contender and going to semi-finals of the Champions League is nothing ?
It baffles me the ignorant ones are always the more vocal.

2 hours ago, Matt said:

For abit of balance Puel's been in the management game almost double the amount of time Howe has, with better teams, in easier leagues, matter of opinion of course.

Be fair to Puel, what he has accomplished was a Ligue 1 Title, Cup and Intertoto Cup within his 1st 4 years, unless i'm wrong, nothing since. A CL semi-final and a League Cup final if you want to include that, when I say "nothing since" i'm not using that as a stick to beat Puel with for clarification, but to say he has accomplished half of what Puel has in career, when he has League Two promotion, League One promotion, Championship title, kept them in the Premier League and turned them into a established, mid table Premier League club on a smaller platform when you consider he only been in management half the time Puel has, again, for clarification i'm not using it as a stick to point at Puel, Puel in/out, his time here all to one side, i'm just discussing your comment and comparisons.

For another bit of balance i'm not sure Howe would be right for us, I think he could be one of those managers that settles and excels with one club, arguably like Dyche, like Pearson. I say that with the greatest respect for what he's done at Bournemouth, time will tell if and when he comes to leave there.

Well, I think :

1/ League 2, League 1 and Championship aren't harder leagues than Ligue 1
2/ It doesn't matter the level of the league, since the difficulty to manage a club is relative to the own level of the league.

Then it's unfair only considering silverlining for Puel and "general accomplishments for Howe.

Considering Howe in a top league, he only managed to stabilize a club promoted thanks to an economical edge against his competitors in lower divisions to a midtable team.
Puel took an usual relegation candidate and qualified them for European competitions, twice (Lille and Nice).
He went to Champions League semi-finals with a mediocre Lyon team.

(And yes he also actually won some titles)
And we could also talk about the two dozens of young players he gave a start in professional football who became superstars or Top 15 European clubs regular starters or the 50 he made into top league professionals.

So at the moment, there is absolutely nothing to prove Howe is a better manager than Puel (maybe he could become one).

Edited by yks
  • Like 3

8 minutes ago, MPH said:

you thought it was all being made up/ blown out of proportion by someone with an agenda...   do you still think that?

I do.

Reading he lost everybody and then seeing the player supposed to lead the rebellion hug him during the Chelsea game was kind of weird...
And let's not talk about one of the reason being the benching of Andy King, it's ludicrous.

Another thing, if he really had "lost everybody", there wouldn't be the need to see how the results goes against Chelsea, Man City and Cardiff, as said in the article, to decide his fate.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, yks said:

I do.

Reading he lost everybody and then seeing the player supposed to lead the rebellion hug him during the Chelsea game was kind of weird...
And let's not talk about one of the reason being the benching of Andy King, it's ludicrous.

Another thing, if he really had "lost everybody", there wouldn't be the need to see how the results goes against Chelsea, Man City and Cardiff, as said in the article, to decide his fate.

that was a quote. you’ll notice when that has been reported, the “lost everybody” is a direct quote from someone. i

Do you honestly think Vardy is happy in the role he has?

Vardy has been put in the spotlight with his public confessing he struggles with the formation, then that coming out..

what other reaction was he supposed to do?

Besides, have you never spoken behind your bosses back something you dont like about them and how much they annoy you ( or anyone else for that matter) only to smile at them ten minutes later?

come on, dont be so naive.

Edited by MPH

6 minutes ago, MPH said:

that was a quote. you’ll notice when that has been reported, the “lost everybody” is a direct quote from someone. i

Vardy has been put in the spotlight with his public confessing he struggles with the formation, then that coming out..

Besides, have you never spoken behind your bosses back something you dont like about them and how much they annoy you ( or anyone else for that matter) only to smile at them ten minutes later?

I'm with @yks on this actually, naively or not. I don't believe its all heresay or made up either though, i expect an off the cup remark was made by a player after a bad training day or something and its been picked up on and blown out of proportion. 

We all cus our bosses when they do something we don't like, except that we are no in the limelight so its doesnt matter and its not overheard by other members of staff who may share it with their friends, who in turn goto press/social media etc.

People realise that just because something may or may not be true doesn’t mean someone doesn’t also have an agenda lol 

I think we can safely assume two things:

1) A lot of what was written is true

2) Geoff and a few other local journos ****ing hate Claude and want him out and are clearly stoking the fire to (perhaps) help some of their player mates out and (perhaps) help the clubs  PR perception when they do sack him. lol 

case closed. 

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, AjcW said:

People realise that just because something may or may not be true doesn’t mean someone doesn’t also have an agenda lol 

I think we can safely assume two things:

1) A lot of what was written is true

2) Geoff and a few other local journos ****ing hate Claude and want him out and are clearly stoking the fire to (perhaps) help some of their player mates out and (perhaps) help the clubs  PR perception when they do sack him. lol 

case closed. 

this is probably closer to the truth.

But i do find it mildly amusing that there are several  posters feel that Puel has done enough to upset up the league ,Albert and many others enough for them to try and coerce his downfall.

Could it not simply be that alienating Andy king from the first team squad has upset the players? that the lack of cummunication has annoyed and frustrated them too? and his seeming inability to change the tactics has burnt his bridges with them too?

i mean it’s not likely those exact same points  with largely the same player base have happened before is it?

Edited by MPH

3 hours ago, Bunyip said:

Don't be silly. One mangers tenure could not possibly account for decades of decline. That club was already on the slide.

Hmm one tenure. What about real madrid tenure next? 

Why the club (Inter) are already on the slide? 

23 minutes ago, MPH said:

this is probably closer to the truth.

But i do find it mildly amusing that there are several  posters feel that Puel has done enough to upset up the league ,Albert and many others enough for them to try and coerce his downfall.

Could it not simply be that alienating Andy king from the first team squad has upset the players? that the lack of cummunication has annoyed and frustrated them too? and his seeming inability to change the tactics has burnt his bridges with them too?

i mean it’s not likely those exact same points  with largely the same player base have happened before is it?

lol  I wouldn't credit either of them with that much importance/influence.

2 hours ago, MPH said:

If I actively tried to get my boss fired, I would have the decency to not display any sign of affection to him because I usually try to be a decent human being.

And I think it's more naive to take any rumours or hearsay reported by "journalists" who hate someone at face value.

2 hours ago, MPH said:

Shall I get you a mirror?