Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Tuna

Puel 'Facing the sack' - reports

3 hours ago, katieakita said:

Think some are being hard on the likes of Geoff Peters  he is a Leicester City fan who also has to comment on the team. He won't have the luxury of sitting on the fence like many of us, he has to comment and his business is about news and stories not anything like a long term project, Leicester being a work in progress will have very little interest to the masses. He will be put on the spot like other journalists and has to report on the games, do people want a Billy Anderson like watching Brazil report or  the honesty of a poor performance and an explanation or reason for it.

I call it how I see it, good or bad, either way. If people want to troll you (here or social media) and it makes them happy then let them crack on.

Water and backs of ducks and all that.

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, Line-X said:

Danny Murphy was praising the tactical genius of Claude tonight - moving Madders inside to take advantage of the vacuum in MF created by the absence of Fernandinho, but why are we starting the most naturally talented No.10 that we've seen at the club in years on the flank? - particularly given the promise of his evolving link play and harmony with Vardy. I recall away against Newcastle when a similar instruction came from the bench. Maddison mouthed and gestured the number ten back in confirmation - then a broad grin spread to his face. I can still picture him beaming. Made me laugh today how he shoved the note containing the instructions down his shorts after he had read and relayed it.

I thought that the decision to introduce Simmo to push up Ricky was as bold as it was astute by Claude and the result was richly deserved. How he sets up next Saturday against Warnock will be most interesting. 

If only you were our manager! We might have won 5-0 - Optimism is a powerful thing. I do declare. If we have a confident team with ALL the fans behind it - we will win the ****ing league (AGAIN)!. 

We won the league. We are Leicester - we gave all the losers hope - we are beautiful. Please don't let us become one of those self entitled teams that people hate (like spurs - 1961 aside and the savage snot league cup).

Edited by trabuch
I hate Spurs

1 hour ago, TheLittleBigMan said:

Provided he keeps winning I reckon he'll be ok. But if that tw*t EVER puts a foot wrong he needs to go. I've been saying this the whole time. If he wins more than he loses i'll stick with him, i'll even stick with him if he wins and draws more than he loses, but by god, if he loses more than he wins, and he loses more than he draws and wins - there will be bloody trouble I can tell you. 

Top satire. Well done Sir.

• Thanks 1

35 minutes ago, Col city fan said:

You’re doing a bit of a trixy u-turn this season mate! 

:P

Not really buddy. If the football can change he can stay. It’s been the blind determination to continually play the rubbish we had been that makes me want him gone. 

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, joachim1965 said:

If we hadn't won the league the season after the great escape, we would all be quite content to be where we are now.

I don't think league position has ever been a concern within reason, yes it's been used by some as a stick to hit Puel with by some when we dropped a little the other week and panic set in that we had Chelsea and Man City up next and the thought was we'd dropped further down the league.

I was abit disappointed how it ended with a whimper last season but I said at the start of this season within reason league position wasn't what i'd base my issues on, I'm happy with it, i'm delighted with where we are, the issues come from how we've been playing, as simple as that, I dare say for the majority it's the same, little had changed up until theses last two games which again are where alot of peoples issues are coming from, after the last two games, we can't complain about that, long may it continue.

Edited by Matt
  • Like 2

14 hours ago, UpTheLeagueFox said:

Well there have been plenty of internal issues, whether some choose to believe them or not.

Why would I or anyone dig the manager out after two terrific results?

I've offered praise for both.

Would it better to ignore on and off field issues? Is that what a journalist or even a fan should do?

Criticise when I feel it's due. Praise when I feel it's due. That's not a hard concept to grasp is it?

Maybe a journalist should just report and not bring his own agenda. I know you are a Leicester fan and you do bring some good information but you coulour everything with your own view. You were so out of line with the attacks on the manager/team when your "friend/contact" Jakupovic wasn't getting game time and this has continued with your Claude attacks. I understand your need to back your contacts in order to get inside information but you need to remain professional.

13 hours ago, chapero82 said:

though the last 2 premier league results have been great and I truly hope they continue, to suggest people should apologise is way too soon, let's see where we are at the end of the season :)

anyway less of the negativity let's enjoy the moment on beating Chelsea where we haven't won in 18 years and one of the best teams in Europe :)

Your first suggestion is so interesting as you've been so vocal about Claude out. Yet we are sitting in 7th in the league - more importantly not under threat of relegation. It is the claude iners who have been saying all along give him the full season and then re-evaluate in the summer if things are going badly. You've been asking for his head and now your saying see where we are at the end of the season.

We are the voice of reason.

20 minutes ago, Matt said:

I don't think league position has ever been a concern within reason, yes it's been used by some as a stick to hit Puel with by some when we dropped a little the other week and panic set in that we had Chelsea and Man City up next and the thought was we'd dropped further down the league.

I said at the start of the season within reason league position wasn't what i'd base my issues on, I'm happy with it, i'm delighted with what we are, the issue is how we've been playing, as simple as that, I dare say for the majority it's the same, after the last two games, we can't complain about that, long may it continue.

Totally agree with this, but some posters on here think that by sacking Puel and bringing somebody else in is going to transform us into title contenders. It isn't.  We are a good top ten premier league side , we are where we should be.

8 hours ago, AlloverthefloorYesNdidi said:

I think its quite speculative to say that Claude has taken things on board these last few days and that explains these wins.  You cant specify anything that indicates that. 451/433 isnt the formation that suits Vardy. I dont think we changed our style particularly. Changed the players a bit though.

I dont know if the attitude of the players has changed except that we've won 2 games, but then I havent thought their attitide has been poor

And I think you havent quite comprehended Babylon's point. He' not saying every time we played big teams we played well. He is saying that we have done well against big teams under Puel and this isnt the first time. Which means the success of the last 2 games isnt alien to Puel's tenure

It does not explain them that's doing the man a disservice. The formation isn't really the problem it's the focus on retaining the ball as oppose to being a bit more direct which seems to have changed. He's been constantly bashed for his substitutions as well and that's something he got absloutley spot on yesterday.

It's not true though, I mean relatively speaking compared to Raneiri post title win and Shakespeare we don't get tanked 4-0 that often but we had won  2 of the last 12 games. We've competed, as many other teams do, Wolves have picked up plenty of points against the top six already this season for example. Competing is a very different story to winning. 

10 minutes ago, GingerrrFox said:

Majority of fans want Puel out because they don’t like him, not because of footballing results. 

If he wasn’t a slightly difficult French bloke, he wouldn’t get as much stick. 

I think that's aload of plop, people got on his back cause the performances have been woeful at times.

Obviously you will get a few that don't like him as a person but that's life not every fan liked Pearson but saying the majority is going over the top 

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, GingerrrFox said:

Majority of fans want Puel out because they don’t like him, not because of footballing results. 

If he wasn’t a slightly difficult French bloke, he wouldn’t get as much stick. 

It’s his style of football that has confused and upset the fans, then listening to him talk after the game is even more upsetting and confusing! 

• Like 1

Thing is, at the end of the day football fans are a fickle lot, we mostly can’t see beyond the latest defeat. Yes Puel is a bit boring, but so what, yes his style of playing can be tedious. But if nothing else,these last 2 games have proved, we’ve got every tool in box to beat anyone in this league. And we’re still work in progress!

10 hours ago, Freeman's Wharfer said:

Alright lads, having 12 points at the halfway mark and still only being the third worst team in the league or having 19 points (under halfway to the standard safety mark of 40 points) and being 14th clearly means it's not a poor league this year...

Top half will be such an achievement this year :rolleyes:

Alternatively what it means is the top six have got better and better, so there's less points to be realistically won. Look at the gap from 1st to 7th last season (46 points) against the 02/03 season when West Ham hit 42 points and still went down (24). The top sides now just run the show and everyone else fights for scraps. Look, we in 7th are as close to Man City in third as we are Burnley in 18th (16 points). 

• Like 2

You could hear in the crowd yesterday a few rumblings when Choudhury and Maddison were taken off. But the gamble worked, Ricardo pushed forward and we know the rest.

Well done Claude. Of course anything less than a win against Cardiff and it will start again.We have a squad now that is probably good enough IMO for Europa League, and to keep them together long term we need to secure a top 7 place.

11 hours ago, Manwell Pablo said:

“All” lol 

Erm nope, grimaced through spurs reading us the riot act earlier this month and I watched merrily on as arsenal outclassed us two months ago. Or maybe it was watching Manchester City stick 5 past us in February maybe that’s one I ignored. 

Lets not make light of this week just because we’ve run the top six close a few times, got a couple of draws and more often than not ended up losing. although I’m not entirely sure what point you’re trying to make anyway.

The Arsenal game we should have been 3-0 at half time? So two shitty performances, whilst the others have usually produced our better performances.

48 minutes ago, FIF said:

Maybe a journalist should just report and not bring his own agenda. I know you are a Leicester fan and you do bring some good information but you coulour everything with your own view. You were so out of line with the attacks on the manager/team when your "friend/contact" Jakupovic wasn't getting game time and this has continued with your Claude attacks. I understand your need to back your contacts in order to get inside information but you need to remain professional.

Your first suggestion is so interesting as you've been so vocal about Claude out. Yet we are sitting in 7th in the league - more importantly not under threat of relegation. It is the claude iners who have been saying all along give him the full season and then re-evaluate in the summer if things are going badly. You've been asking for his head and now your saying see where we are at the end of the season.

Actually I have always said wait until the end of the season! 1, like you said we are not in danger of relegation and how could people expect Top to sack anybody after what has happened 

48 minutes ago, FIF said:

Aye. Puel In only exists as a consequence of Puel Out.

If we are looking to get relegated and stopping competing in games then he can go

If we end mid table and half way through next season we have regressed I could see a reason to think about the manager

Those things havent happened yet. We're actually doing about as well as we could have hoped, league cup aside

People only back Puel so vociferously because people shout him down so much and its crazy to do so

• Like 2

53 minutes ago, Babylon said:

The Arsenal game we should have been 3-0 at half time? So two shitty performances, whilst the others have usually produced our better performances.

We had a penalty turned down, And went in at half time 1-1 so quite why you feel Arsenal should of gone should of gone in 3-0 down given they scored is quite baffling, second half they absloutley destroyed us. You cannot call that a good performance

But, anyway still no,  I was at Anfield this time last year, we scored early, after that they battered us for 80 mins and ended up winning the game 2-1. City took us apart home last season, don't think we had a shot on target, De Bruyne ran the game. 

Your opinion basically comes from playing ok against Manchester United and Liverpool and losing at the start of this season and if you want a "simplistic" way of looking at things, then there's a prime example.  Especially given Manchester United have been an absolute joke for the most part of the season.

Edited by Manwell Pablo