Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Tuna

Puel 'Facing the sack' - reports

Just now, Foxxed said:

Patronising level at 10? Come on, man. We've all been wrong. And they still have time yet!

Olive Branch. It's often hard to come back from such an extreme position.

Just now, FIF said:

Olive Branch. It's often hard to come back from such an extreme position.

I was trying to imagine what they're thinking now but I'm fairly sure they're all messaging Mark to get your posting limit reinstated lol.

7 minutes ago, Swan Lesta said:

Christ, the smugness is hilarious. 

I wanted Puel out because his football was turgid shit for 12 months - he comes under pressure and he changes from rigid 4231 and stupid team selections and plays a different style and formation of football and guess what - the football isn't turgid shite and we start beating teams - if the change in football continues he should continue in his job.

All these 'smug, I told you so posters' may want to consider why all of a sudden things have changed in the last couple of weeks - it probably wasn't because you lot were chanting 'Puel in' and 'admire us for out transitional patience and our greater understanding of long term big picture football.'

Have to agree, the new formation with Hamza works, hopefully he will not revert back and stick with this, was nice to see Albrighton score against the Mancs yet again and was funny when they were showing dissent with their own team.

18 minutes ago, Swan Lesta said:

I wanted Puel out because his football was turgid shit for 12 months - he comes under pressure and he changes from rigid 4231 and stupid team selections and plays a different style and formation of football and guess what - the football isn't turgid shite and we start beating teams - if the change in football continues he should continue in his job.

All these 'smug, I told you so posters' may want to consider why all of a sudden things have changed in the last couple of weeks - it probably wasn't because you lot were chanting 'Puel in' and 'admire us for out transitional patience and our greater understanding of long term big picture football.'

He changed the formation against two big sides, he’s not changed styles. He’ll still be possiession based. Which I hope continues because I don’t want to see three defensive midfielders against Cardiff. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, LCFC FOX said:

He changed the formation against two big sides, he’s not changed styles. He’ll still be possiession based. Which I hope continues because I don’t want to see three defensive midfielders against Cardiff. 

Possession based lol 

Take a look at the possession stats in Sept Oct Nov - then tell me we play possession football of some kind.

Funny thing about Puel reign is, we'll have a really poor run of games lose a few and struggle to score then suddenly we'll have good run beating a few teams unexpected and then suddenly we have another poor run and we're crap again. One thing I will credit Puel for is, he's dealing with the pressure well I mean this not the first time he's almost faced calls for the sack and then suddenly managed to pull through with a few good wins.  

The thing is the fella is trying to evolve the team in personnel and tactics. This is a slow process and will have its ups and downs. We are on an up this Xmas, but could be on a down in Feb 19. With Claude you need to believe in his long term evolution or he simply seems a dour incomprehensible flawed manager.

I think we can all admit the football has generally been shite to watch this season, but I see the long-term (Claude) plan. The amount of youth on the park is his main success. The future is bright.

• Like 3

I had just gone into the puel out at the end of the season camp.

The last two results are great, but put them into isolation, the players or some of them and performance’s at times for long periods have been shit.

If players can’t up their performances against the big teams, then they shouldn’t be playing, but let’s not carried away, we Leicester and could get hammered on Saturday and the puel hate comes back, but like I say, in isolation good week.

I had said puel out at the end of the season, but from him coming here I have said I like what he was trying to do, but got bored, and confused at times by his selections, and subs, and frustrated  at his failure to get the players to play with his style and intensity he kept demanding, but still picking them, and not giving others a chance.

I have always said puel  will not get us relegated, and I had got to the point of where I thought he couldn’t progress us either, hopefully this isn’t a false dawn, and the players are finally accepting puels style and way, and we don’t have to change managers again.

Again I’m not getting carried away with two great results, but I am hoping this is the start of something, and we can become consistent.?

Edited by Monsell1976
  • Like 1

42 minutes ago, Swan Lesta said:

You can't just change formation and it automatically works otherwise anybody could be a manger.

Puels philosophy of looking after the ball and developing patterns of play through repetition is what has contributed to the last 2 results with a tweak in formation being the catalyst.

Nobody called for the changes he made yet he made it work. Sometimes you just need to shut up and take your humble pie and trust that he knows what he is doing.

• Like 3

50 minutes ago, Swan Lesta said:

You should feel smug too, we’re doing well lol 

It is a ‘we’ right?

Edited by SheppyFox

Great result no doubt about it. But I couldn't help but draw the conclusion that in both games we dumped the slow side to side back passing drawn out build up ( yes Claud's modus operandi ) and switched back to a style of play that suited the players we have. It's no coincidence it's right there before our eyes.

1 minute ago, UpTheLeagueFox said:

Yeah sorry for being quiet on here.

I was working this afternoon, talking about the game on the radio, doing post match interviews, you know that kind of thing. Just got home and logged on.

Absolutely buzzing with that today, couldn't be happier.

Puel deserves credit, no problem.

As I've constantly said, if he gets it right and the team is successful we're all bloody delighted.

Well said.