Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Tuna

Puel 'Facing the sack' - reports

2 hours ago, Lionator said:

I wonder how Geoff and John Percy are feeling tonight??

Percy won’t give a flyer. The more successful Leicester are the more words he gets and the larger stories he writes. It’s forgotten hes a regional journalist which doesn’t have a top six club. 

Despite him being Forest, him and number of blokes will be forever greatful to this club because they shared the champions and European tour stories. 

We’re very consistent with our inconsistency lol so the “Puel out” talk will never go away, I expected us to lose our last 2 games and for him to be sacked, instead we win both games and there is no way he’ll be sacked ( not this year anyway) ? he’s always going to divide opinions, gives us something to talk about though!

1 hour ago, chapero82 said:

though the last 2 premier league results have been great and I truly hope they continue, to suggest people should apologise is way too soon, let's see where we are at the end of the season :)

anyway less of the negativity let's enjoy the moment on beating Chelsea where we haven't won in 18 years and one of the best teams in Europe :) (and Man City the champions of England)

Way too soon ? after probably two of our best back to back results in the league outside of 2015/16

righto 

• Thanks 1

22 minutes ago, FilbertFrog said:

Way too soon ? after probably two of our best back to back results in the league outside of 2015/16

righto 

What a load of rubbish lol  2 great games out of how many absolute inept games,

He has managed great this past week but let’s wait and see how things go 

56 minutes ago, AlloverthefloorYesNdidi said:

I think its because people have been calling for the manager's head and saying we cant play under him. Clearly we can

Theyve said that he was wrong to rest players for these 2 games because we havent got a chance. Clearly we did have a chance

They have said the manager sticks to one plan and isnt capable of change. Clearly he is.

They have said that he never plays the same team twice. I think we just did that...?

We have gone from being a team that had no way forward, couldnt move on from the title style which was failing, to a new look team that is stuttering, but progressing. Its fine to be frustrated with performances, but it is time to realise thay Puel is no mug and he has just emphatically proved that

I’d say, if you rewind 7 days, a couple of those are pretty reasonable critisems myself but the ability to reasses  a situation is the sign of a good manager. It is like you have said yourself “we just did that” well yes we have just done that but we haven’t been doing that and that’s what’s grated on a few people. Something has changed, that was my point.

Long term I like his vision. I like his approach but it’s an approach that’s hard to watch when it’s not working, and the fact it’s not worked has just he seen him become unpopular (although the Fikel nature of football should now see to that for a few weeks) with fans and certain players. Hopefully a few more good results he can get the status required where his future isn’t up for debate every week.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, lifted*fox said:

We've been fair to middling for a young team in a transition period. Anyone with half a brain and a bit of patience could see flashes of decency and a couple of results like this on the horizon. 

My comment isn't aimed at the sensible-ish questioners of Puel but the knuckle-dragging crowd who've spent his entire tenure wishing him ill and not getting behind him in the slightest. Those types don't deserve to enjoy results like tonight, imo. 

Highly doubt that they did to be honest, nobody likes being shown to be a total mug.

1 hour ago, Manwell Pablo said:

I’ve not really expressed a massive opinion either way (as I’m one of the few people who think whether manager should be IN or OUT really shouldn’t be th first thing you discuss at 5pm on Saturday) but I think you have to be slightly deluded to honestly think there hasn’t been any issues at the club no matter who you are and the progression of not being able to beats the likes of Fulham and palace a couple of weeks ago to all of a sudden not only beating Chelsea and Man City but deserving to was something that was clearly going to come with time. Something’s gone on, whatever it is it is positive though so not sure why we are bickering about it.

Such and annoying and basic point of view. I'm sorry but it's like you have completely ignored all past performances against the better teams since he joined. 

I say again, Rome wasn’t built in a day. It really could be worse - since when has 7th in the Premier League been unacceptable here?! 

And why why do we feel the neee to make sweeping judgements after every game? Let the bloke do his job and judge him in 3 years time (unless it looks like we’re going down).

• Like 3

it still blows my mind that some people think beating teams like fulham and palace is a given.

football is a game of variables. 

variable performances, variable atmosphere, variable players, variable tactics, the variable mathematics of angles and power, etc. 

you can try and control those things as much as possible but sometimes this game is gonna throw out variable results.

unless you buy all of the best players and the best manager you ain't always going to beat palace or fulham and as Man City found out today, even when you do, you ain't always gonna beat Leicester either. 

that's football. 

Edited by lifted*fox
  • Like 1

The irony of this Puel In/Puel Out debate (which is the most divisive I've ever seen during my time supporting Leicester) is that those who are Puel Out have reached an opinion based on 40+ games yet off the back of one or two performances/good results those who are Puel In will hold that up as proof they were always right.

The truth is, no one's right and no one's wrong. And it's possible to hold one opinion at one time and revise that at another based upon what you're seeing.

I was (and probably still am) Puel Out. But that's because I feel results haven't been good enough at times and the style has been uninspiring - both of which can be transient.

My personal opinion is that Puel was brought in to change us into a team that could dominate possession and beat the bottom 10-12 teams in the Premier League. We've beaten two of the top six with minimal possession - so I don't think this actually tells us much about his progress against the job with which he was tasked.

What these results do earn him (rightfully) is time. Let's see where we are at in 6 games' time. And let's remember that this is not about "I told you so".

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, Swan Lesta said:

Possession based lol 

Take a look at the possession stats in Sept Oct Nov - then tell me we play possession football of some kind.

Yeah because keeping possession is that easy against Chelsea and Man City. The only reason we set up how we did today and against Chelsea was because they’re a much better side. It’ll be different against Cardiff when we’re expecting to win. We’ll have more possession again

2 minutes ago, Freeman's Wharfer said:

The irony of this Puel In/Puel Out debate (which is the most divisive I've ever seen during my time supporting Leicester) is that those who are Puel Out have reached an opinion based on 40+ games yet off the back of one or two performances/good results those who are Puel In will hold that up as proof they were always right.

The truth is, no one's right and no one's wrong. And it's possible to hold one opinion at one time and revise that at another based upon what you're seeing.

I was (and probably still am) Puel Out. But that's because I feel results haven't been good enough at times and the style has been uninspiring - both of which can be transient.

My personal opinion is that Puel was brought in to change us into a team that could dominate possession and beat the bottom 10-12 teams in the Premier League. We've beaten two of the top six with minimal possession - so I don't think this actually tells us much about his progress against the job with which he was tasked.

What these results do earn him (rightfully) is time. Let's see where we are at in 6 games' time. And let's remember that this is not about "I told you so".

“Puel out” are just the same. A couple of bad results appears to vindicate the view that he’s not up to it.

People see what they want to see. That’s not limited to one side of the In/Out debate.

I think even the staunchest Puel supporters must surely acknowledge that he has deserved much of the criticism that has come his way - and should therefore understand why so many fans were getting fed up with him.

However, credit where credit is due - to Puel for changing his tactics, overseeing two massive wins and putting us in seventh place; and to those who believed in him.

That said, football is, as we know, a funny old game, and fortunes change fast. If we lose our next two games, new questions will be asked. And rightly so.

Let's all hope that doesn't happen. Onwards and upwards...

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, Freeman's Wharfer said:

No. Losing to Palace and I still backed Puel because of the overall way of things plus league position

Today's and the last game's result just happily disprove many recent bullshit theories of Puel out types

The ideas of those who have been banging on about Puel are based on nostalgic and/or fanciful nonsense, not on an analysis of long term results and performances

• Like 2