Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Tuna

Puel 'Facing the sack' - reports

9 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

Started 4-3-3 and changed to 4-2-3-1 after about half an hour ? 

Its not not just about the formation - we did well in the old set up second half 

His in game adjustments whether they be shape or personnel were absolutely spot on today. Read it perfectly. 

Especially as the options weren’t exactly amazing off the bench. God bless Shinji but the fact we still need to haul him on with fiveto go shows the limitations in the squad. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, UpTheLeagueFox said:

Yeah sorry for being quiet on here.

I was working this afternoon, talking about the game on the radio, doing post match interviews, you know that kind of thing. Just got home and logged on.

Absolutely buzzing with that today, couldn't be happier.

Puel deserves credit, no problem.

As I've constantly said, if he gets it right and the team is successful we're all bloody delighted.

You’ve been quiet on the Puel digs since the Chelsea game. A lot has to be said for the media’s urge to gossip monger by stoking up internal issues. The team is in transition, give Puel a chance. 

• Thanks 1

The last few games have seen Puel adopt a similar approach but with a few slight tweaks. That's seen us set up well to play against two bigger sides who dominate the ball. He takes immense credit for that. The introduction of Hamza looks a master stroke. We have, by and large, been tough to score against all year but the extra midfielder has given us more flexibility and freedom to create more going forwards. We've used the ball very well in the last two games in patient and effective build up play.

Puel was never a million miles away from earning results like that and I hope he continues to be given the time to take our squad forwards to earn more. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, UpTheLeagueFox said:

Well there have been plenty of internal issues, whether some choose to believe them or not.

Why would I or anyone dig the manager out after two terrific results?

I've offered praise for both.

Would it better to ignore on and off field issues? Is that what a journalist or even a fan should do?

Criticise when I feel it's due. Praise when I feel it's due. That's not a hard concept to grasp is it?

Im with you Geoff ...   whatever we think about our Clod ...   we’ve just had two fantastic results ...    credit where it’s due.  

• Like 1

1 minute ago, UpTheLeagueFox said:

Well there have been plenty of internal issues, whether some choose to believe them or not.

Would it better to ignore on and off field issues? Is that what a journalist or even a fan should do?

Criticise when I feel it's due. Praise when I feel it's due. That's not a hard concept to grasp is it?

It’s a results business, players aren’t always going to be happy and you can’t please everyone. Players not wanting to move on because they are on big money or simply not included in the side because the manager prefers someone else is always going to happen in football irrespective of the manager. 

Leicester City are currently 7th with only the big 6 clubs in front of us. We have just backed up a victory over Chelsea who haven’t lost at home for donkeys by beating last seasons Champions. Anyone would have thought Puel was Peter Taylor with what’s been said about him. 

10 minutes ago, lifted*fox said:

nope, I watched both games and we still played with passing from the back and keeping the ball but with more incisive movement forwards.

i'd hedge my bets on the fact that maybe, again - with time and patience the players are learning the system, learning to play with each other and finding it easier to implement - as with anything, really. add that to Puel ALSO learning the pros and cons of certain players, tactics, etc. maybe it's all starting to come together. 

I genuinely don't get how people fail to understand that - it takes time for things to work - some of these players have played NINETEEN games together. players like Ricardo and Maddison finally know the pace and positioning of their team mates. players like Hamza are finally ready for the league.

expecting us to just sail into the top 6 playing beautiful football with big changes smacks of lack of understanding of the game and naivety at best.

Top post. X 

• Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, Countryfox said:

Im with you Geoff ...   whatever we think about our Clod ...   we’ve just had two fantastic results ...    credit where it’s due.  

Indeed, credit where it's due.

Had to mute a few trolls and bores on Twitter but that's the same as after most games lol

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Swan Lesta said:

Christ, the smugness is hilarious. 

I wanted Puel out because his football was turgid shit for 12 months - he comes under pressure and he changes from rigid 4231 and stupid team selections and plays a different style and formation of football and guess what - the football isn't turgid shite and we start beating teams - if the change in football continues he should continue in his job.

All these 'smug, I told you so posters' may want to consider why all of a sudden things have changed in the last couple of weeks - it probably wasn't because you lot were chanting 'Puel in' and 'admire us for out transitional patience and our greater understanding of long term big picture football.'

Some people just can’t hold their hands up and say 

“I was wrong , sorry”

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

I've been critical of Puel but I've got to hand it to him over the last two games he has got it spot on. 

Bring in hamza was a great call, who has been immense in both games. I still think we did well as we were forced back and had to play on the break but he recognised that and fair play. We just need to find a way to break teams down that we are expected to beat.

27 minutes ago, FilbertFrog said:

“I was wrong , sorry”

though the last 2 premier league results have been great and I truly hope they continue, to suggest people should apologise is way too soon, let's see where we are at the end of the season :)

anyway less of the negativity let's enjoy the moment on beating Chelsea where we haven't won in 18 years and one of the best teams in Europe :)

Edited by chapero82

31 minutes ago, UpTheLeagueFox said:

How very dare you have a balanced and objective opinion in this era of outrage!

34 minutes ago, UpTheLeagueFox said:

Criticise when I feel it's due. Praise when I feel it's due. That's not a hard concept to 

9 minutes ago, FilbertFrog said:

“I was wrong , sorry”

How can an opinion be wrong? Like it or not with the change in formation he’s got 2 cracking results,he deserves credit for that just has he deserved criticism for the poor results and performances,now the big test is against the likes of Cardiff to see what we can do differently to break teams like that down and better our results against lower league opponents.

Edited by elvisfmcfly
Didn’t mean to Quote Geoff,don’t know how to undo it?

35 minutes ago, UpTheLeagueFox said:

3 minutes ago, Anglodanglo said:

How very dare you have a balanced and objective opinion in this era of outrage!

I've not always been quite as balanced and objective when it comes to Puel - even though I've always spoken honestly about my views - but it's important to try and be balanced and objective the other way. 

We were magnif today and fully deserved the win and the manager can deservedly take his share of the praise.

2 minutes ago, elvisfmcfly said:

Like it or not with the change in formation he’s got 2 cracking results,he deserves credit for that just has he deserved criticism for the poor results and performances

Some fans will never see anything bad or negative about their team and club. That's their right. 

Be a dull old world if we all agreed on everything.

Up The Citeh!

• Like 3

I’m back in the middle after being in the out camp. 

I’ve a suspicion that he had an inkling that his job was on the line and that he’d probably be finished as a high level manager if he were to have been sacked. That being said I think this has motivated him to examine what he was doing wrong and swallow his pride in some aspects especially with naming an unchanged team today for the first time in god knows how long and the formation change for the past few games. These were things he was not doing before but now he is the team look better for it. One of my biggest criticisms was the constant tinkering with the lineups.

Hopefully this continues and he doesnt revert back to form when he’s feeling more comfortable and when we play the lesser sides. A new striker and a CM that can pass forwards in January and we’ll do well. 

Edited by Dames
  • Like 1

I hoping those wins give the squad (and the staff) some collective confidence which might help see some parties meet half way. 

As I said on Saturday, there’s clear issues when it comes to communication and tension between staff. Hopefully there’s some maturity after these two results 

• Like 1

Puel has seemingly sorted the tactics somewhat and the balance right theblat two games. 

He goes on about 'energyyyy' but we haven't had some for a while until Saturday and today. If we play like today and Saturday all the time i won't call for his head at all. 

I'm delighted with how we played and that was the best home game I've seen for a long long time, and was reflected by the atmosphere which was edge of the seat stuff. 

Cardiff will be a tough game, they got a good point today and they'll want the same again Saturday. 

If we beat them I'll be giving Puel even more praise that he deserves. Not going to say I'm now Puel in by any means, but I can't ask for much more than recent performances.  Well done to him and the players

• Like 2

2 hours ago, FIF said:

I feel a little sorry for posters like Matt and Somebum and l444ry etc... They were wrong, they were a bit nasty, they backed themselves into a corner. Let's give them some slack (and not to hang themselves), it's the time of year when we are supposed to believe in miracles, they could change. They're City supporters who just lost their way. Let's leave them in peace and maybe they'll learn from this episode and be better posters in the future.

:crylaugh:

Awwww, I thought you were putting me on ignore, now you're talking about me, ain't that nice. :wub: :kissing:

I've had a very enjoyable day thank you very much!

I've had a free beer, a mince pie and watched a really decent, enjoyable, pleasant and entertaining game of football, something that i've not been able to say for a while then we get 2 in a row, incredible, long may it continue!

Can I complain about anything from the last 2 games? Not really and i'm delighted I can say that. Does it fill me with optimism of change? Yes, it does, actually. I just hope it continues in the vein. Does that mean Puel has won me round? No, not at all, it'll take alot more than 2 games in a row to do that.

Sorry to disappoint you in that.

It's actually quite sad people have to react in that way, we're all City fans, we all want to see the best for the club and i'm all for discussion but it seems like some would rather argue for arguments sake, bait others and try to create bickering rather than enjoy and praise a good display. Infact i'm surprised you did go one better and tag us in your post in hunt of getting a bite.

As for me being nasty? Not sure when this was, I'm willing to have adult discussion with anyone, it might result in agreeing to disagree but I try and stay mild mannered, unless you are calling my odd sarcasm (That some people misunderstand) as nasty :dunno:

Edited by Matt
  • Like 2