Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Tuna

Puel 'Facing the sack' - reports

16 minutes ago, Babylon said:

I'm pretty non plussed about the bloke in all honestly, but there is so much ****ing utter tripe written that I can't help defend him. 

Jesus Imagine if you actuality liked the bloke then? Mania fanaticism hysteria and obsession at times! 

• Haha 1

15 minutes ago, Babylon said:

You do realise that the results of the bottom three have no impact of how good the entire league is don't you. There are years when big teams drop points left right and centre. There are others, when it's actually pretty rare like this year (until perhaps the last couple of weeks). 

Just one random picked year, Newcastle finished 5th in 03/04 with 56 points. Arsenal are on for 76. That can say a load of different things. 

Of course it shows how good the league is (there's also only a 3 point gap from the bottoms three to the rest).

In a poor league the top teams will drop less points because there's a chasm between them and the rest of the league. Teams like Liverpool and Man City are turning up to places like Watford, Newcastle, Southampton and Brighton and getting straight-forward wins and those teams are not really taking points off the bigger sides.

In a strong league teams take points off each other more frequently, the gap is less between top and 10th in terms of points and the points required to stay up is greater.

3 minutes ago, SouthStandUpperTier said:

What are you on about? Nobody claimed he was the greatest, ever. Some of us are just sick of the character assassinations.

Listen I don’t mind puel, but lots out saying where’s his haters, people writing threads apologing for doubting him, so I’m saying ffs, it’s two games, let’s hope it carries on, but I’m sticking to what I believed before the last two games

Edited by Monsell1976

6 minutes ago, Manwell Pablo said:

“All” lol 

Erm nope, grimaced through spurs reading us the riot act earlier this month and I watched merrily on as arsenal outclassed us two months ago. Or maybe it was watching Manchester City stick 5 past us in February maybe that’s one I ignored. 

Lets not make light of this week just because we’ve run the top six close a few times, got a couple of draws and more often than not ended up losing. although I’m not entirely sure what point you’re trying to make anyway.

What is your point exactly?

There have been issues at our club, the same issues that have survived 3 managers, only difference with Puel is he is actually having some success contending with these issues, over the period of a whole season too

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, AlloverthefloorYesNdidi said:

What is your point exactly?

There have been issues at our club, the same issues that have survived 3 managers, only difference with Puel is he is actually having some success contending with these issues, over the period of a whole season too

What’s my point? I’m replying to a post ?

we shouldn’t view winning these two games against big teams in one week as something that’s been coming, for a start off our last two games against them have been resounding defeats and in general we have struggled against them. One of our wins being against an arsenal side who chucked away games left right and center last season

Nor should we say it’s just because it’s against teams that attack us as let’s see what happens in the next few games. 

Reminds why I don’t get involved with these conversations now all you get is someone from either the “IN”or “OUT” camp trying to start pointless arguements. 

Edited by Manwell Pablo
  • Like 4

11 minutes ago, Freeman's Wharfer said:

Of course it shows how good the league is (there's also only a 3 point gap from the bottoms three to the rest).

In a poor league the top teams will drop less points because there's a chasm between them and the rest of the league. Teams like Liverpool and Man City are turning up to places like Watford, Newcastle, Southampton and Brighton and getting straight-forward wins and those teams are not really taking points off the bigger sides.

In a strong league teams take points off each other more frequently, the gap is less between top and 10th in terms of points and the points required to stay up is greater.

So if all the teams are equally shit and every game is drawn, it’s a “stronger league” than one where 10 teams are elite and the other 10 are Sunday League standard?

This is absolute nonsense.

Last year Bayern won the Bundesliga by 21 points. Man City won the Premier League by 19 points, PSG won Ligue 1 by 13 points, Barcelona won La Liga by 14 points. The only top league which was close was Serie A and even there Napoli (who finished second) got 91 points.

This is not a particularly poor league. This is just the way football is now. The rich are getting richer and everyone else is left fighting for scraps.

3 minutes ago, Corky said:

His record against the top six isn't too bad, four wins and two draws since he joined.

It is the record v the rest that needs improvement.

Out of how many games is that? Purely for educational purposes not looking to debunk his record! 

2 minutes ago, ttfn said:

So if all the teams are equally shit and every game is drawn, it’s a “stronger league” than one where 10 teams are elite and the other 10 are Sunday League standard?

Last year Bayern won the Bundesliga by 21 points. Man City won the Premier League by 19 points, PSG won Ligue 1 by 13 points, Barcelona won La Liga by 14 points. The only top league which was close was Serie A and even there Napoli (who finished second) got 91 points.

This is not a particularly poor league. This is just the way football is now. The rich are getting richer and everyone else is left fighting for scraps.

The comptiveness of a league has nothing to do with the strength of it why are you even arguing with him.

His argument could basically prove the  Andorran prem league is th best league in Europe.

4 minutes ago, Corky said:

I think it is 14 matches. So in effect a point a game against the top six.

It is now, yeah.

you take  the last 7 days out of the equation in which he doubled his win ratio and won 6 of those 14 points your left with the 2 wins 2 draws and 8 defeats which were supposed to make these back to back wins seem obvious.

Hoping those that saw it coming all along had a decent wedge on the double as they could probably retire now, although obviously they didn’t as they  thought we’d lose both games like the rest of us.

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, ttfn said:

10 minutes ago, Manwell Pablo said:

The comptiveness of a league has nothing to do with the strength of it why are you even arguing with him.

His argument could basically prove the  Andorran prem league is th best league in Europe.

Alright lads, having 12 points at the halfway mark and still only being the third worst team in the league or having 19 points (under halfway to the standard safety mark of 40 points) and being 14th clearly means it's not a poor league this year...

Top half will be such an achievement this year :rolleyes:

19 minutes ago, Corky said:

His record against the top six isn't too bad, four wins and two draws since he joined.

Indeed. Much credit for the last couple of games for sure but when we play Cardiff it will be interesting to see how we perform then. Another convincing win and things really have turned a corner 

however if we go back to the turgid boring stuff the moans will understandably start again

8 minutes ago, Freeman's Wharfer said:

Alright lads, having 12 points at the halfway mark and still only being the third worst team in the league or having 19 points (under halfway to the standard safety mark of 40 points) and being 14th clearly means it's not a poor league this year...

Top half will be such an achievement this year :rolleyes:

If you want a genuine poor prem league I refer you to the 2015/16 premier league, that is all.

29 minutes ago, Corky said:

It was fairly crap until these last two games and now it's much more respectable. We've built a springboard to kick on now, even if it's still pissing me off we missed out on a free hit at the League Cup final had we dispatched of Man City. 

7 minutes ago, UPinCarolina said:

When is the end, and why are you happy about that? If he goes, it means things have gone very wrong. 

Some of the players don't see eye to eye, it's not the last of matter trust me. I will give him time but dont be shocked if the media have a other

story on him. He is on the club time to, when he will leave.

Edited by Mendi