Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Mark

Match Ratings: Newport County 2-1 Leicester City - Vote Now

Newport County 2-1 Leicester City

You do not have permission to vote. Please login to vote.
  1. 4.4

Total Average Rating

116 votes
  2. Highest Rated Player

Hamza Choudhury 5.9
  3. Lowest Rated Player

Kelechi Iheanacho 2.5
  4. Manager Confidence 51% -31%

Season: 2018/19
Voting Starts: 06/01/19
Voting Ends: 11/01/19

1. Danny Ward
  2. Danny Simpson
  3. Wes Morgan
  4. Jonny Evans
  5. Christian Fuchs
  6. Hamza Choudhury
  7. Matty James
  8. Rachid Ghezzal
  9. Shinji Okazaki
  10. Marc Albrighton
  11. Kelechi Iheanacho
  12. James Maddison (sub)
  13. Demarai Gray (sub)
  14. Andy King (sub)

7 Evans, Choudhury

6 Ward, Maddison, Gray & Albrighton (7 for Marc till the penalty)

5 Simpson, Morgan, Fuchs, King, Ghezzal (4 till the goal)

4 Iheanacho

3 James, Okazaki

Stay, but the decision to bring back James in a 2-man midfield seemed risky without hindsight - and stupid with hindsight.

7 for Marc and Maddison

3 for Shinji

1 for Kelechi (because there’s no 0) and Gray

5&6 otherwise.

We dominated throughout, created loads of clear chances and missed them all. Our forwards are dirt.

Stay. The team was more than enough to beat Newport-what other choice did he have? You can’t keep driving Vardy into the ground. But we must buy strikers. 

Edited by Oxfordfox83
  • Like 1

A chance for several players to make their mark. They failed miserably. Rated no-one higher than a 6. 2's awarded to Iheanacho (4) and Okazaki (19) who have a combined LCFC record of 23 goals in 158 appearances. And to think that Puel is not looking to recruit another forward. Madness.

Only Choudhury and Albrighton (handball aside) emerge with any kind of credibility.

12 minutes ago, Alf Bentley said:

7 Evans, Choudhury

4 Iheanacho

3 James, Okazaki

Stay, but the decision to bring back James in a 2-man midfield seemed risky without hindsight - and stupid with hindsight.

Pretty much my ratings, although I gave Albrighton a 7 because he really tried and looked like he really wanted it. Was unlucky with his shot that hit the bar. Would have been an 8, but no excuse for his brain fart penalty.

Nacho I gave a 2, and that was generous. I loathe players who just don't try. I'd be very happy if I never saw him play for us again.

Morgan a 3 because he should have done much better with their first by being out of position and out jumped. He should know better with his experience.

James was poor, far too much side passing, as was Ghezzal (goal aside).

40 minutes ago, Alf Bentley said:

7 Evans, Choudhury

4 Iheanacho

3 James, Okazaki

I'd generally agree, but I would swap the scores for Gray (I'd give him 5, he didn't do much) and Ghezzal (I'd give him 6, a 5 until the goal; I thought he tried all match and genuinely showed moments of class).

James HAS to be released and Okazaki has to be sold (this January).  Iheanacho has to go on loan, if he is ever to restore his confidence.

Edited by Outfox the Fox

42 minutes ago, Alf Bentley said:

7 Evans, Choudhury

4 Iheanacho

3 James, Okazaki

Agree with all except Gray, only worth a 5 and Nacho, a 3 !

Edited by bald reynard

4 hours ago, Alf Bentley said:

7 Evans, Choudhury

4 Iheanacho

3 James, Okazaki

I honestly thought that Maddison was very poor when he came on. Got in good positions but surrendered possession far too easily, and nothing quite came off for him. Gray was equally ineffective. 

Other than that I'd roughly agree with the ratings and the comment.

Puel will make the mistake of making Choudhury a scapegoat and dropping him for Southampton! Another game like Cardiff and today that will be a battle. It needs to be 4-5-1 Saturday with Choudhury breaking up play so we can counter and open up Southampton! Instead he’ll play 2 in the middle and we’ll lose 1-0 again! 

Ward  5  Nothing to do apart from pick the ball out of the net..

Simpson    6 usual stuff good defensive nothing going forward..wouldnt havent given away a penalty though

Morgan  5 usual stuff ..weak defending crosses into the box...aimless forward passes..didnt have any shots to block.. his strongpoint

Evans   7  comfortable on the ball again  

Fuchs  5  lost a yard...

Albrighton  6  usual stuff gave 100 per cent...not a right back though

Choudury   7  puts himself about ..

James  4   hard to criticise someone coming back after 10 months..poor selection by Puel

Ghazzel  7  was trying to create something.. no safe sideway passing..good goal

Okazaki  3  we have seen the best of him..

Ineahacho 1  his 1 effort on goal was with his shoulder instead of his head...time to cut our losses

Gray  5 seems to have lost his confidence

KIng  5  one half chance ..like James hard to criticise

Maddison 5  tried to create something...fluffed a couple of chances though

Thought Evans was our best player.

Albrighton second to that but what a stupid thing to do jump with your hand in the air .... what happened to putting your head in ?

The game passed James by as usual, though he is coming back from injury so I don't think he should have started.

15 hours ago, Heymister2015 said:

Puel will make the mistake of making Choudhury a scapegoat and dropping him for Southampton! Another game like Cardiff and today that will be a battle. It needs to be 4-5-1 Saturday with Choudhury breaking up play so we can counter and open up Southampton! Instead he’ll play 2 in the middle and we’ll lose 1-0 again! 

Ah yes, counter against teams that sit deep. The way we entered the relegation zone. 

• Like 1