Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
lcfcire

Ali Regbha

On 16/01/2019 at 10:09, Finnegan said:

He's a kid being signed for the development squad after a trial. 

How many times have we signed these over the years and they've never got anywhere near the first team. 

Be nice if he does but let's be honest, he'll probably never play in the Prem. 

That's why I would stick with Puel he brings youth through, if we got a new manager would the youth players be ignored, yes I believe they would, 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, Johnthefoxrayner said:

That's why I would stick with Puel he brings youth through, if we got a new manager would the youth players be ignored, yes I believe they would, 

1. Puel doesn't play shit players just for the sakes of it because they're young. If the kid isn't good enough he won't play. 95% of our U23s will never play in the Prem, with of without CP. That's just football. 

2. Any manager could be hired with the mandate of giving youth a chance if that's what Top wants. It's an instruction from the boss, if you're employed and told to use the academy wherever possible then you will. 

I personally think it's been a bit of a myth over the years on foxestalk that this club doesn't give young players enough chance. If they were good enough they'd play. Loads have, imo, it's just a rare thing in football. 

Most academies don't actually produce many top flight footballers. Its a rare thing. 

Edited by Finnegan
  • Like 1

Just now, Finnegan said:

1. Puel doesn't play shit players just for the sakes of it because they're young. If the kid isn't good enough he won't play. 95% of our U23s will never play in the Prem, with of without CP. That's just football. 

2. Any manager could be hired with the mandate of giving youth a chance if that's what Top wants. It's an instruction from the boss, if you're employed and told to use the academy wherever possible then you will. 

Shakespeare/Raneri did not play our youth as much as Puel has. Its probably a choice of the manager rather than an instruction he's received

• Like 1

Just now, AlloverthefloorYesNdidi said:

Shakespeare/Raneri did not play our youth as much as Puel has. Its probably a choice of the manager rather than an instruction he's received

Yeah possibly, probably, I'm not suggesting it isn't a preference of Puel. 

I'm just saying it's also not a reason to keep him. If you wanted to employ someone else and tell them to use the academy you could. 

It's not a Puel Out post, I'm not making a judgement on that one way or another. Just is what it is. 

You can hire a manager with any mandate ultimately can't you? We'll give you the job but only if you play Bosnian wing backs in every position. Go. You don't? You're sacked. 

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

I'm just saying it's also not a reason to keep him. If you wanted to employ someone else and tell them to use the academy you could. 

It's not a Puel Out post, I'm not making a judgement on that one way or another. Just is what it is. 

You can hire a manager with any mandate ultimately can't you? We'll give you the job but only if you play Bosnian wing backs in every position. Go. You don't? You're sacked. 

Agree its not a reason to keep him necessarily.

Rogers for example apparently being a man manager wouldnt help much with Vardy for example, but someone who is good at improving individuals could be good for players like Gray and Nacho, Maddison and Barnes I suppose

45 minutes ago, NewquayFox said:

Anyway, have we signed this lad, certainly looks a decent prospect imho...:thumbup:

He does :). Last match he was looking like a standout player in the team, despite having only just turned 19 and it being his second match with them. 

Still just reports saying we are going to sign him. I think they have a couple of teams they have to negotiate compensation with, so that could take a bit of time. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

It all comes down to whether the manager in charge has the patience to develop a young lad. Due to the managerial Merry go round that the premier league is, the majority of managers don’t have the patience to coach & wait. Instead they spend £20/30m on a foreign player. 

For that reason alone I hope many of our young English talents across the acadamies move abroad, as they get the opportunity to properly be coached the game at the top level.

10 hours ago, Finnegan said:

Is that a description of you Ultimate Team?! ?

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, The People's Hero said:

Crikey, look at this. I've found someone who won't argue that black is white just to get some fake internet points!

Your statement is true. End of the day anyone who disagrees plays a little too much football manager. Investing in youth is vital not only to on field success but also looking at it from a business perspective. Regardless to whether they make our first team or not if we sell with a sell on clause, it’s easy money & smart business.

But also not just seeing it from a club perspective if all English clubs started to invest more in the academies, the potential youth we have coming through & under Southgate’s guidance I generally think we could dominate international football.  

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
23 minutes ago, Mark said:

He’s following quite a few Leicester players still, so fingers crossed for positive news early next week (and I know he’s still a developing player, but I do think this would be positive for us). Either way it seems he has reached a decision. 

• Thanks 1

i remember reading when Brian Clough signed Roy Keane. Keane went on record  saying that his target in his first season was to break into the reserve team ... about 4 weeks after he signed there was an away game and Clough asked him if he’d like to ride along for the experience so he was delighted! Was absolutely shocked to see his name on the team sheet but wasnt prepared for it so had to borrow some boots and shin pads - was happy to be an unused sub then found out 45 minutes before the game he was in the starting 11!!

rest is history...

Edited by MPH
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1