Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

Coventry City FC

33 minutes ago, Blueman1967 said:

Let them share ground with us for the time being,  in light in what happen with the chairman, and other clubs rallying around us, remember playing play off semi final at forest when we were building man stand and they are my arch rivals.

They've got a groundshare agreement.

1 hour ago, Mark 'expert' Lawrenson said:

In a relatively short space of time as well, mismanagement of the highest order, feel sorry for them and the fans, it just goes to show what can happen.

Shows how lucky we are with our owners. We could easily have ended up in the mess like others with bad luck.

But I agree it is crazy what's happening over there 

• Like 2

Don't understand what their current owners, SISU, want?..

I presume it's about them trying to drive rent charges down to use the Ricoh Arena, but the current stadium owners have rejected the request?

Edited by Wymeswold fox

12 hours ago, Wymeswold fox said:

I presume it's about them trying to drive rent charges down to use the Ricoh Arena, but the current stadium owners have rejected the request?

They're trying to find dirt on how Wasps bought the stadium, saying they paid too little for whats its actually worth.

Assume they're either trying to get money out of it, get rid of Wasps or lower their rent.

It's just backfired hilariously, as wasps put their foot down hard.

• Thanks 1

15 hours ago, Wymeswold fox said:

SISU want the ground effectively. 

It's long rumoured Wasps are struggling financially and SISU are seeking a way of upsetting that even further. Both parties entered talks earlier this year with the proviso that no legal action would be taken out. Quelle surprise SISU in a secretive manner referred the Wasps purchase of the stadium to the EU. 

SISU originally wanted to make the stadium a dead asset to the charity/council. Then Wasps came along. Now they want Wasps gone. As it is the only way SISU make money is to get the stadium. The football club needs serious capital to achieve the Premier League and SISU either don't have the money/don't wish to risk the capital. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Cardiff_Fox said:

SISU want the ground effectively. 

It's long rumoured Wasps are struggling financially and SISU are seeking a way of upsetting that even further. Both parties entered talks earlier this year with the proviso that no legal action would be taken out. Quelle surprise SISU in a secretive manner referred the Wasps purchase of the stadium to the EU. 

SISU originally wanted to make the stadium a dead asset to the charity/council. Then Wasps came along. Now they want Wasps gone. As it is the only way SISU make money is to get the stadium. The football club needs serious capital to achieve the Premier League and SISU either don't have the money/don't wish to risk the capital. 

I'm not arsed about rugby but I'd love to see Wasps go out of business.

No place for franchise clubs in this country, particularly when there's already a local club in the area.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

Growing up in south Leicestershire, I hated this lot.   

While there are many genuine supporters suffering from this debacle, I cannot help but laugh delightedly at the mess that the whole club are in. 

• Like 1

• 3 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
13 hours ago, Corky said:

375 at their match against Southampton kids tonight. 7 away fans.

Just what the FL were hoping for when they parachuted reserve teams into a competition they weren't needed in.

What we want to see is our academy kids in the final against another PL academy team and then maybe the EFL will see the error of their ways.

• Like 1

It is still good to see Coventry where they are.

Karma for them blocking up the top tier like a huge smelly turd throughout the 70s and 80s and 90s. Doing nothing while they were there (apart from one fortunate FA Cup win) and a waste of time.

On 06/11/2019 at 18:38, Fox1970 said:

Karma for them blocking up the top tier like a huge smelly turd throughout the 70s and 80s and 90s. Doing nothing while they were there (apart from one fortunate FA Cup win) and a waste of time.

34 straight years in the top flight and nothing to show for bar 1 FA Cup win. 34 years in a row is a long time. 

These are the 34 league positions in the top flight. "OK Google - define mediocrity". 

20th

20th

6th

10th

18th

19th

16th

14th

14th

19th

7th

10th

15th

16th

14th

19th

19th

18th

17th

10th (FA Cup win)

10th

7th

12th

16th

19th

15th

11th

16th

16th

17th

11th

15th

14th

19th (relegated)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 06/11/2019 at 17:38, Fox1970 said:

I've no affinity to Coventry but I am struggling to find the logic behind this. How many years should a club be allowed in first tier without a top half finish? What's wrong with 7th or higher?

• Like 1