Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

Coventry City FC

1 hour ago, Leicesterpool said:

Has to be within six miles of the city apparently. 

Do you mean sixty? There aren't five clubs within six miles of Coventry, surely.

I'd have thought the likes of Villa/Birmingham would been one of the five clubs.

41 minutes ago, Fox92 said:

Do you mean sixty? There aren't five clubs within six miles of Coventry, surely.

I'd have thought the likes of Villa/Birmingham would been one of the five clubs.

I don’t know if the grounds have to be a certain standard or not, but the closest feasible options I could see would be Solihull Moors or Nuneaton I suppose?

oh I’ve just seen you said EFL clubs. Yeah must be Villa or Blues then doesn’t it? Wasall maybe.

Edited by Manini

2 hours ago, Leicesterpool said:

Has to be within six miles of the city apparently. 

On the news it said the EFL were looking at 5 within 50miles

If they ground share with us, can we get rid of their stench by the following weekend? :P

All joking aside, its a sad scenario for them, when I made my original comment on page 1 I didnt realise things were so bad.

6 hours ago, yorkie1999 said:

I heard on my radio (all we hear is) the other night that wasps need cov city to stay at the ricoh to make the stadium viable.

Oh see, I quite like the thought of getting rid of Wasps out of the midlands. Probably unpopular persuasion on here, but I have always been a Tigers fan as well, and I hate seeing all the Wasps shirts around Birmingham. 

21 hours ago, Fox92 said:

No BBC Cov and Warwick were reporting it was only six miles, with the rivarly between Cov and Villa and also Cov and Leicester, I don't think Villa Park or KP stadium will be likely. I think it will end being Cov rugby club at Butts Park. They have been looking at the venue for sometime.

Edited by Leicesterpool

On 29/03/2019 at 18:30, yorkie1999 said:

Why, we'd never see them and first sign of trouble and they'd be out on their arses. Seems an easy source of revenue to me.

Police would never allow it. As a one off maybe but not every fortnight.

As others said too, it's actually pretty poorly linked. I trained it to Coventry once and I'd never do it again. Nuneaton to Coventry train had one carriage lol 

Edited by Dan LCFC

Won't be us either will it. Did they not specify 'EFL'? Meaning it's out of 71 other clubs.

My guesses would be Walsall, Notts County, Burton, god knows the other two, maybe two of the bigger sides like West Brom and Birmingham.

Could even be Northampton again and MK Dons actually.

Edited by Dan LCFC

I like winding my Cov mate up as much as anyone but it really is a shit state of affairs for them. A club of comparable size and stature to us in the past but who've gone in opposite directions in the last decade or so.

I've kind of lost track of the whole sorry affair but why are they now looking to groundshare? Or rather, who is saying they have to?

The council? SISU? WTF is going on?

Had to look up the last time we played these lot. 

3 March 2012 (2-0 home win). Coming up to a decade now. We are due a cup tie against them soon. This used to be a regular fixture when I was younger. 

Sad to see a club in that sort of state, regardless of who they are.

Hopefully they can get things sorted and find themselves a new home as the Ricoh really is a horrendous football ground- soulless, on a retail park and miles from the city centre with no pubs nearby. Moving there was a shocking decision.

Be good to start playing them again in a proper ground.