Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

Coventry City FC

52 minutes ago, Stadt said:

As much as the stadium itself is fairly boring thank f uck we stayed in Leicester and two minutes away from Filbert street 

definitely this. could have quite easily ended up stuck out at J21 or somewhere. Bolton also springs to mind as an "out of town" move which is hated by everyone.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Stadt said:

As much as the stadium itself is fairly boring thank f uck we stayed in Leicester and two minutes away from Filbert street 

We nearly went to Glenfield near the A46 junction, certainly provisional plans were drawn up and submitted to County Hall for early review. There's a housing estate there now.

• Thanks 1

9 hours ago, Stadt said:

Our stadium is really in the perfect location. Close to the old ground and good transport links.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Koke said:

Had to look up the last time we played these lot. 

3 March 2012 (2-0 home win). Coming up to a decade now. We are due a cup tie against them soon. This used to be a regular fixture when I was younger. 

The only things I remember from their fans from the last games with them are:

• Chanting not much else apart from "Your Mum's your Dad and your Dad's your Mum, you're interbred and your Leicester scum!"
  • Some of their more 'hardcore' ones organising pre/post-match brawls against LCFC fan thugs. Iirc, believe that about 20 got arrested after some fight in their city after a game (?).
Edited by Wymeswold fox

30 minutes ago, Wymeswold fox said:

Some of their more 'hardcore' ones organising pre/post-match brawls against LCFC fan thugs. Iirc, believe that about 20 got arrested after some fight in their city after a game (?).

Takes two to tango

1 hour ago, Wymeswold fox said:

The only things I remember from their fans from the last games with them are:

• Chanting not much else apart from "Your Mum's your Dad and your Dad's your Mum, you're interbred and your Leicester scum!"
  • Some of their more 'hardcore' ones organising pre/post-match brawls against LCFC fan thugs. Iirc, believe that about 20 got arrested after some fight in their city after a game (?).

Remember this - it's so moronic you can't help but laugh lol

• Haha 1

Both the football club there and the city of Coventry itself have seemed 'forgotten' over the past decade (to others that support other clubs/don't live near the area).

The place, overall, is quite dead really.

On 02/04/2019 at 11:59, goose2010 said:

It is a shame and like others have said moving to the Ricoh was a shocking choice, its nearly impossible to get their without driving and driving is a nightmare.

It will be either MK or Burton I would have thought.

I think that part of the disaster unfolding at Bolton was the decision to abandon Burnden Park and move miles away to some horrible pit you can only get to by car. Thank God we never did that

10 hours ago, midland_red said:

I think that part of the disaster unfolding at Bolton was the decision to abandon Burnden Park and move miles away to some horrible pit you can only get to by car. Thank God we never did that

Burnden Park was pretty bad when they left with a huge supermarket overlooking the ground. Bolton had some great times before their current malaise. There's plenty of examples of clubs doing really well despite building out of town stadiums - Swansea for one. 

10 hours ago, midland_red said:

It's absolutely massive that we stayed in the city centre.

Our ground seemed as soulless as any of them for a while- being located in the middle of nowhere could have really ripped the soul out of the club.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Ted Maul said:

It's absolutely massive that we stayed in the city centre.

Our ground seemed as soulless as any of them for a while- being located in the middle of nowhere could have really ripped the soul out of the club.

The biggest bonus is the fact match day routines stayed the same for everyone as it's just up the road.

I feel for West Ham fans on this part.

Edited by Stuntman_Mike
  • Like 1

I think Cov will end up at St Andrews, but the issue would be they wouldn't be allowed to play on same day as Villa or West Brom, due to policing. Of course they'll be a lot of Sunday games anyway due to clashes with Birmingham fixtures. From what I gather a lot of Coventry fans are back that move or more than most. Some of the other grounds been mentioned locally they don't fancy.

Edited by Leicesterpool

The rugby ground holds 4k. What an absolute farce lol 

Birmingham seems very risky too given they'd surely end up playing whenever Villa are at home, unless they made Coventry play every game on Sundays (which is absolutely crap as well).

1 hour ago, Ted Maul said:

Surely they would be putting some temporary stands in if it's the rugby ground? 

Still, it's in the city and I'm guessing most of them would prefer it to the Ricoh.

Think they held talks a couple of years back over a permanent groundshare and increasing capacity to 20k, but apparently the rugby club weren't happy because it's way beyond what they'd ever need themselves.

• Like 1