Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
stix

Formula One 2019

On 09/07/2019 at 13:14, Walkers said:

Anyone off to Silverstone?

Was just coming to ask this question mate. Me and my dad are going in on general admission for the first time as it’s my 21st next week.

Anybody on here been before and got any tips? How expensive is food/merch etc...?

Edited by Devonfox1884

44 minutes ago, Devonfox1884 said:

Was just coming to ask this question mate. Me and my dad are going in on general admission for the first time as it’s my 21st next week.

Anybody on here been before and got any tips? How expensive is food/merch etc...?

Been loads of times, if you're going general admission and want a decent view you need to get there really early, like before 7am on Sunday, earlier if you can. There's loads of choice of food and drinks, it's the same sort of price as anywhere similar, around a tenner for a burger and chips, you can fill water bottles for free, we always take our own alcohol. Current seasons shirts, depending on the team, about £50, programme about £15 I think, lanyard for your ticket £10. It can take around an hour to get out afterwards so be prepared for that, we always leave literally as soon as the race finishes. Make sure you look around the stands, there's loads to see, you'll have a great time ?

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, Devonfox1884 said:

Forgot to add, I'd recommend sitting between Club Corner and Vale, there's loads of space, it's right near the main car parks and next to lots of food and drink places, and it's a fab view for GA. Take chairs, and don't worry about leaving them to go for a wander, everyone does it. Oh and suncream /hats if it's sunny. Every one gets burnt! 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, FoxesDeb said:

Forgot to add, I'd recommend sitting between Club Corner and Vale, there's loads of space, it's right near the main car parks and next to lots of food and drink places, and it's a fab view for GA. Take chairs, and don't worry about leaving them to go for a wander, everyone does it. Oh and suncream /hats if it's sunny. Every one gets burnt! 

Thanks for the tips! In fairness by dad has been to about 10 over the years so I think he knows what he’s doing... we’re driving up the evening before as it’s about a 4 hour drive from here so should be fine to get in first thing. Will hopefully be a good day with the weather looking like it’s going to be good :)

So wait, what, a fake energy drinks company sponsored Haas, spent the whole time trying to have a beef with Red Bull, got sued because they stole the logo of a cycle brand for their pretend drink, realised they couldn't afford to sponsor a formula one team and now they've been axed? 

That about the long and short of it? 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Finnegan said:

So wait, what, a fake energy drinks company sponsored Haas, spent the whole time trying to have a beef with Red Bull, got sued because they stole the logo of a cycle brand for their pretend drink, realised they couldn't afford to sponsor a formula one team and now they've been axed? 

That about the long and short of it? 

Ish, but Steiner today said they're still the cars title sponsor and their website is still splattered with Haas F1 all over it so it's a bit strange 

I think we should all take a little time this morning to a have a little chuckle at the expense of Vettel who's now been out qualified by Leclerc 3 times on the bounce.

I'm hoping the new surface will cause some real havoc today with a whole load of differing pit stop strategies on a track where you can actually overtake. Be great to see an actual race with Verstappen Leclerc and Gasly in the mix.

• Like 1