Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
stix

Formula One 2019

Just now, Facecloth said:

Not at all lol, I missed last week anyway.

I just found the middling part easy to be distracted from.

Oh I was replying to Swan Lesta honey.

There was a slight lull but it was always going to play out somehow and bunch up, unlike the previous Mercedes processions. And if not, the fact that we almost had (and still might have) a first-time winner keeps it interesting.

9 minutes ago, Asha said:

Oh I was replying to Swan Lesta honey.

There was a slight lull but it was always going to play out somehow and bunch up, unlike the previous Mercedes processions. And if not, the fact that we almost had (and still might have) a first-time winner keeps it interesting.

You didn't quote and there was like three messages before yours stating they got bored midrace. So no need for the patronising "honey" like I was being stupid, I haven't learnt to read minds yet.

In future if you're replying to a particular post, the quote button is very useful :thumbup:

• Like 1

Cant..accept excuses...on Drivers having commitments,before going up before the stewards...

First..the racing,then look at possible penalties ,them the media,und sponsors..!!!

Like Horse racing,which is slower....You dont leave the paddock,until stewards meeting deciscionpending us complete has taken place......

F#ck me its worse than VAR....taking the Pss of day sponsors,and fans.....

This waiting,will also Ruin the interest in the sport...!!!

Allowing drivers to complete overtakes by pushing drivers off track isn't helping the sport. If he'd given Leclerc room, he'd have been able to come back at him all the way down to the next corner and beyond. More exciting racing can be had by making them do clean overtakes, not by allowing them to completely close the door on drivers and removing any opportunity.

The best moments in this race were when both drivers were competing and hustling each other trying to get by through several corners. If you just make it a sport of stuffing it up the inside on a corner then pushing the car off track round the outside, you're making it a much less interesting, much less exciting, and crucially a much less fair fight.

The lap before when Max gave him room, they fought hard for the next few corners. That was good racing. 

Seeing drivers given no chance to retaliate is just dull. Chuck it up the inside, push them wide and off you go. . Yeah let's look forward to 3 or 4 of those per race rather than several long exciting battles. That's why the sport has gotten dull, lack of overtaking or chances to overtake. 

Edited by The Bear

2 minutes ago, The Horse's Mouth said:

if you start chucking penalties around for the vettel incident and the max one today, even danny ric's to some extent then you end up with a sport where the only overtakes we'll see are in the DRS zone

Drivers can still overtake if they are fast enough, but being forced to leave room for the other driver to fight back makes for longer battles and more exciting races. 

Dry boring overtakes is the definition of what happened today. 

Over the past 5/10 years it was like watching a completely different sport to the one I loved watching in the 90s, glad some common sense prevailed for a change. Fvck it if Verstappen nudged Leclerc, it should be allowed within reason.

4 hours ago, Asha said:

Got you... like a 'Hamilton isn't winning so I'm not going to watch waaaah' kind of thing.

I bet you were GRIPPED last week.

Meanwhile, the stewards decision will take ages cause they're waiting for the fans to leave. Lot of Dutch there so an indication that a penalty is coming but they don't want to cause a riot in doing so lol 

And if you were replying to me what the **** are you on about?

I’m no Hamilton fan.

And your tone is pretty shitty too?

• Like 1

17 hours ago, The Bear said:

Drivers can still overtake if they are fast enough, but being forced to leave room for the other driver to fight back makes for longer battles and more exciting races. 

Dry boring overtakes is the definition of what happened today. 

Leaving room in that section is pretty tough, and realistically the only place you're going to get an organic overtake on the track. Max had won the corner, hate to agree with him but he's probably right in LeClerc should've conceded it instead of going two wide through that corner, I think the fact they managed to pull going side by side on the lap previous probably altered his judgment a tad.