Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
sylofox

Maguire to Man Utd / Man City

2 minutes ago, Dahnsouff said:

@Thecarrickfan Mate - just don`t quote Sean. Think of the worst twitter account associated wth Utd, its the same level sh*t as that.

Of course, we cannot stop you, but it reflects more on you than anything else :thumbup:

Exactly, if you came on here @Thecarrickfan with one post like ‘hi I’m a united fan, is this guy ITK?’, we’d all tell you no and that’s the end of it. Stop posting tentative links and running with it as if it’s a given Harry is signing for Utd. Unless Jon Percy speaks the boy is a Leicester player. 

You do wonder at the logic behind Woody's strategy in all this.   As each day goes past they will end up paying more as desperate buyers normally do the longer they leave it.

3 minutes ago, mozartfox said:

And LCFC will live on.

Indeed. We either keep Maguire or he leaves and we get a bucket load of cash. Happy either way, but the best thing about him staying would be the way we've played United!

Top is like a snobby shop owner telling United that they can't afford to shop here!!

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, mozartfox said:

You do wonder at the logic behind Woody's strategy in all this.   As each day goes past they will end up paying more as desperate buyers normally do the longer they leave it.

It’s simple, there is no strategy whilst Man City have the bragging rites in Manchester . We know Man City will match their offer as a kompany replacement.

1 hour ago, HighPeakFox said:

Which particular troll farm do you represent exactly?

That's what I thought too at first. But I'm convinced that he really is genuine and I can't sense any malice in his posts.

They are still a bit weird though.

3 minutes ago, That_Dude said:

That's what I thought too at first. But I'm convinced that he really is genuine and I can't sense any malice in his posts.

They are still a bit weird though.

United fans are a bit weird though 

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, stripeyfox said:

Indeed. We either keep Maguire or he leaves and we get a bucket load of cash. Happy either way, but the best thing about him staying would be the way we've played United!

Top is like a snobby shop owner telling United that they can't afford to shop here!!

Love Top!

1 hour ago, DJ Barry Hammond said:

Well yes - now given we’re holding out for a world record fee, Maguire’s camp could reasonably argue that he should be paid in line with the wages of the world’s best defenders AND be rewarded for his loyalty.

They can argue that all they want, but he's got 4 years left of a 5 year contract and we're under literally zero obligation to renegotiate.

If he stays and we get EL or even CL football next season (BIG if) then maybe we'll renogotiate his contract in lieu of selling him to another club that can offer that, but until that point if he stays at Leicester it'll be on the same terms he's already on.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Xen said:

They can argue that all they want, but he's got 4 years left of a 5 year contract and we're under literally zero obligation to renegotiate.

If he stays and we get EL or even CL football next season (BIG if) then maybe we'll renogotiate his contract in lieu of selling him to another club that can offer that, but until that point if he stays at Leicester it'll be on the same terms he's already on.

We’ll see. 

The plus from the clubs side in reaffirming commitment now would be quashing any notion of a transfer in the January window. 

The one reason the club may not put down a contract offer is there’s an acknowledgment it wouldn’t be signed, which is not a great signal. 

But if Harry’s team came looking for one - I imagine the club would consider it.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, LinekersApples said:

I’ve never thought he would go, but if he does we will sign another centre back.

stays or leaves we are still looking at an attacking midfielder and a winger. 

Several players to leave. Several will be late loan deals during the madness of the last few days and their high wages. 

Is the club confident of shifting players?

(thank you for all your tidbits, btw. Some water during this long drought)

• Like 1

Quick question for ya, @Thecarrickfan, are you planning on offering anything more to this forum other than repeatedly posting 'info' from bottom-tier sources and then responding to any gentle ribbing with such creative comebacks as "I'm not" and "I don't"?

4 minutes ago, Thecarrickfan said:

So if his opportunities are limited (i.e. Maguire signs) then he might leave, but otherwise he's happy to stay.

So basically this has absolutely no effect on the Maguire transfer situation whatsoever.

• Haha 1