Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
sylofox

Maguire to Man Utd / Man City

1 hour ago, Countryfox said:

Dont ever get a job as a fortune teller ...   :)

I once invented a time machine, a bit worried about getting lost in time and space I set it to take me 2 minutes into the future. Unfortunately it took me 2 minutes to get there, when I opened the door with a big ‘tadaa’ people laughed and mocked me. But I knew it had worked. 

17 hours ago, Viva said:

It’s not every season you find a Maddison or Pereira. More often than not, those £20m players don’t have the same impact on the first team. The difference also last season was that we was in desperate need of a right back and creative midfielder/ number 10. I don’t think the need is as urgent this season and I think we only possibly need one player for the first team, which is a Tielemans or similar player. 

No it’s not urgent if you are happy making up the numbers. If we bring in one player you can kiss goodbye to any top six challenge. The wingers simply do not score or create enough and should Vardy get injured or time catches up we are a bottom half team.

• Like 2

21 hours ago, Viva said:

If money is that tight, there are other players in the squad I would sell first, such as Gray who would command decent money. 

I see one problem with this. First off you need someone to be interested in Gray or any players your happy to sell. 

Still amazes me how people on here talk about moving players on. Its not football manager or fifa. Also the wages we pay makes it even harder to move players on. 

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, sylofox said:

I see one problem with this. First off you need someone to be interested in Gray or any players your happy to sell. 

Still amazes me how people on here talk about moving players on. Its not football manager or fifa. Also the wages we pay makes it even harder to move players on. 

Hence why I mentioned Gray and not some of the other players. I’m pretty sure he would be a player that would interest a few clubs and I don’t think he’s on a crazy salary.

So no need to be amazed about that comment. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Babylon said:

No it’s not urgent if you are happy making up the numbers. If we bring in one player you can kiss goodbye to any top six challenge. The wingers simply do not score or create enough and should Vardy get injured or time catches up we are a bottom half team.

Sides trying to get into the top six don’t sell their best players. 

12 minutes ago, Nickfosse said:

Spurs sold Bale

I’m pretty sure they wasted most of that money. They would have been a better team with Bale in it for a few years after. 

Edited by Viva

Arsenal sold Sanchez. 

There’s three examples of clubs that currently sit in the top 6 who sold their best player yet still managed a top 6 finish. 

I don’t agree that trading your better players for big money necessarily means you are shooting yourself in the foot. Everybody keeps quoting Southampton but there are other examples.

We sold one of the most gifted players that ever played for us last summer, yet acquired Pereira and Maddison and ended up with more points that when we had Riyad. 

In turn Norwich sold their best player, Maddison and their fans were anticipating a car crash season as a result and they ended up winning the league. 

Of course, if you do trade your very best players for big money, the emphasis is then on your recruitment, but it doesn’t naturally follow that it can’t lead to success.

Edited by Nickfosse
  • Like 3

5 hours ago, Fox85 said:

Hes going to come good and be our main striker.

I have a good feeling about iheanacho.

I'm hoping it's much like the vardy situation when he first got to Leicester 

Vardy was never as bad as nacho.

What is this good feeling based on?

2 hours ago, Viva said:

They received a great fee and have the ability to attract top players in return like Van Dijk and Alisson. We certainly can’t. 

Really because the Belgian press fella says Tielemans is happy to sign if we can afford the fee. Tielemans is more important IMO than Maguire, in terms of pushing on from last season. 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Viva said:

I’m pretty sure they wasted most of that money. They would have been a better team with Bale in it for a few years after. 

So never try and replace any player ever then because they might not be good enough and we might waste out money. 

2 hours ago, Viva said:

Sides trying to get into the top six don’t sell their best players. 

Maguire is in no way one of our best players. This is why selling him if we get offered a crazy fee is something we should definitely do.

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, Babylon said:

So never try and replace any player ever then because they might not be good enough and we might waste out money. 

Come on, you’ve got to do better than that.

It’s getting boring now anyway. I don’t like weakening our team if we don’t have to. Selling Maguire weakens the team. None of us know how much money we have to spend if we sell him or not anyway. 

1 minute ago, Gubbins said:

Maguire is in no way one of our best players. This is why selling him if we get offered a crazy fee is something we should definitely do.

He fits into every other team in the league. That makes him one of our best players. 

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, Viva said:

He fits into every other team in the league. That makes him one of our best players. 

That is based purely on rep rather than ability though. Arsenal, Man Utd and Bournemouths defences would not be any more solid with him in them.

29 minutes ago, Gubbins said:

That is based purely on rep rather than ability though. Arsenal, Man Utd and Bournemouths defences would not be any more solid with him in them.

Yeah good one. Nice joke. 

57 minutes ago, Viva said:

Come on, you’ve got to do better than that.

It’s getting boring now anyway. I don’t like weakening our team if we don’t have to. Selling Maguire weakens the team. None of us know how much money we have to spend if we sell him or not anyway. 

Not if you can use the money wisely, and buy a 2-3 good players.

You could argue that selling Mahrez weakened us, but allowed us to sign Maddison and Riccardo which has actually made us a stronger all round team.

It's about assessing the deal, if we get offered £75m or more it's a no brainier.

• Like 3