Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
sylofox

Maguire to Man Utd / Man City

7 hours ago, urban.spaceman said:

giphy.gif

Don't you just love twitter accounts trying to get followers pretending to actually be ITK. I miss the old days where it was actually a great source of info, before the virgins started battling it out with fake news. 

• Haha 1

10 hours ago, Babylon said:

Don't you just love twitter accounts trying to get followers pretending to actually be ITK. I miss the old days where it was actually a great source of info, before the virgins started battling it out with fake news. 

To be honest. 

Real Madrid were supposedly monitoring. When we were in Seville for the Spain v England game my mate bought the Spanish news paper(the one who always does Reals tapping up) to breakfast and said look at that... 

Translated roughly to something like Maguire would be a nice fit next to Ramos in a Real back line. 

3 minutes ago, Ashley said:

To be honest. 

Real Madrid were supposedly monitoring. When we were in Seville for the Spain v England game my mate bought the Spanish news paper(the one who always does Reals tapping up) to breakfast and said look at that... 

Translated roughly to something like Maguire would be a nice fit next to Ramos in a Real back line. 

Price tag should remain, if he wants to go, don't care where, 70M+

44 minutes ago, bfox said:

Price tag should remain, if he wants to go, don't care where, 70M+

Think it said €69 million when we were there. Could of been horse shit to distract him from said game. 

• Like 1

It's looking more and more like we have a nice but nightmarish problem surrounding these continued transfer rumours on Maguire and Chilwell.

On the one hand - you can believe there's a reasonable amount of truth in the links. They're both excellent players with loads of potential so clubs will be interested and for the Premier League teams, completing a transfer of either includes the bonus of initially weakening a rival.

But even if the rumours don't transpire to a concrete transfer... they must be serving as some sort of a distraction and in this event, the rumours would just continue on until January at least - far from ideal.

If as a fan you'd accept these positions, then maybe you're resigned to losing both before long and could be tempted to take the money on at least one of them now - but here's another catch - selling one makes it harder to tell the other to stay - and could turn further heads in the squad. That issue is even more so if two go. It's certainly not a cut and dry situation as some like to make out. 

A further complication in this matter is our hopes of landing Tielemans. Some are suggesting sell one to fund this transfer, but my gut feeling is that if we're to stand any chance of selling him our vision as a club, we'd have to show we mean business by keeping hold of both Maguire and Chilwell staying. We stand no chance if either leaves.

But say if they do stay - with or without the addition of Tielemans - we then suddenly have a season where the end result is imperative. No mucking about, European football is a must to hold onto these guys.

Yet, if we do that, no doubt that means the likes of Maddison, Barnes and Hamza have grown as players and will have others coveting their signatures. - making the cycle and dilema's more complex - but maybe it's better to worry about that then, than cause a problem now by losing either of these two. 

Finally, some will point to the Mahrez transfer and our replacement in Maddision as an example of how no one player is indispensable, however I think a fairer relatable situation would be the Kante transfer at the end of our title winning season. 

Not only did we lose a fantastic player, arguably the greatest midfielder to wear a Leicester shirt, the remaining squad must have suffered an enormous physiological hammer blow as well - this was a character and smile we simply couldn't replace. Given Maguire and Chilwell's characters, I feel their lost presence in the dressing room would also be difficult to replace, even if the club could find someone to match the technical abilities of either - but sadly, knowing football, that is something the club may have to face before the season starts. 

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, FoxinNotts said:

I think Maguire will go this Summer. I believe we have already prepared for this by buying Soyuncu and Benkovic, gave Harry a new contract to ensure we get a hefty fee this summer. It’s good business from the club, really. I think we’ll evolve, just like we have with the loss of Mahrez. I can see him leaving, making a few costly mistakes, and everyone saying what great business we’ve done, whilst Benkovic and  Evans keep four clean sheets in a row ?? 

Agree, think his times up, but it could still come down to are clubs willing to meet Leicester value.

16 hours ago, DJ Barry Hammond said:

It's looking more and more like we have a nice but nightmarish problem surrounding these continued transfer rumours on Maguire and Chilwell.

On the one hand - you can believe there's a reasonable amount of truth in the links. They're both excellent players with loads of potential so clubs will be interested and for the Premier League teams, completing a transfer of either includes the bonus of initially weakening a rival.

But even if the rumours don't transpire to a concrete transfer... they must be serving as some sort of a distraction and in this event, the rumours would just continue on until January at least - far from ideal.

If as a fan you'd accept these positions, then maybe you're resigned to losing both before long and could be tempted to take the money on at least one of them now - but here's another catch - selling one makes it harder to tell the other to stay - and could turn further heads in the squad. That issue is even more so if two go. It's certainly not a cut and dry situation as some like to make out. 

A further complication in this matter is our hopes of landing Tielemans. Some are suggesting sell one to fund this transfer, but my gut feeling is that if we're to stand any chance of selling him our vision as a club, we'd have to show we mean business by keeping hold of both Maguire and Chilwell staying. We stand no chance if either leaves.

But say if they do stay - with or without the addition of Tielemans - we then suddenly have a season where the end result is imperative. No mucking about, European football is a must to hold onto these guys.

Yet, if we do that, no doubt that means the likes of Maddison, Barnes and Hamza have grown as players and will have others coveting their signatures. - making the cycle and dilema's more complex - but maybe it's better to worry about that then, than cause a problem now by losing either of these two. 

Finally, some will point to the Mahrez transfer and our replacement in Maddision as an example of how no one player is indispensable, however I think a fairer relatable situation would be the Kante transfer at the end of our title winning season. 

Not only did we lose a fantastic player, arguably the greatest midfielder to wear a Leicester shirt, the remaining squad must have suffered an enormous physiological hammer blow as well - this was a character and smile we simply couldn't replace. Given Maguire and Chilwell's characters, I feel their lost presence in the dressing room would also be difficult to replace, even if the club could find someone to match the technical abilities of either - but sadly, knowing football, that is something the club may have to face before the season starts. 

So bloody dramatic, especially over something that may never come to pass. You never know, they may wanna stay long term. ;)