Sign in to follow this  
sylofox

Maguire to Man Utd / Man City

On 30/05/2019 at 22:50, richardsfoxes said:

I don't understand people on this forum, why do you want to get rid of players that we have developed, improved and have been successful here. To many people have this football manager mentality where your happy to sell players that are improving all the time, have you literally learned nothing over the past 3-4 seasons, if we get 75M for Maguire yes you can get 2-3 players but none of them are guaranteed to be successful here. Look at the money we have squandered looking for "better" players, Slimani, Ihenacho, Musa, Kramaric (to a degree), Silva and Ghezzal 130-140m there with wages and agent fees. I love it when i see people saying how we can be replace them easily, if it was so easy one of the best teams in the world wouldn't be trying to poach our players at huge prices.....

In an ideal world we keep him.  If king power change their approach and have suddenly decided they can fund a new striker and tielemans out of their pockets I agree we keep him.

However most likely we will need to sell to buy.

1 hour ago, Chrysalis said:

In an ideal world we keep him.  If king power change their approach and have suddenly decided they can fund a new striker and tielemans out of their pockets I agree we keep him.

However most likely we will need to sell to buy.

based on the last couple summers ?  I don’t believe the owners were confident enough in puel to allow an overspend last summer and the same was true of shakey. I think they have 100% confidence in Brendan to take any incoming talent and make the most of it. 

As far as Harry is concerned, plenty have an opinion that he didn’t perform so well last season ........ I’m not necessarily in that camp but would make the point that how many England players who went to Russia last summer and played a lot had a great campaign ?   There weren’t many ........

• Like 1

Definitely keep. His form might have dropped off a bit in the second half of the season but there's very few defenders who can bring the ball out like Harry does and start attacks the way he does - I'm amazed some think he's so easy to replace. There's a reason that United and City are looking at him, genuine footballing centre halves are few and far between. He's a massive asset.

• Like 3

12 minutes ago, Paddy. said:

Definitely keep. His form might have dropped off a bit in the second half of the season but there's very few defenders who can bring the ball out like Harry does and start attacks the way he does - I'm amazed some think he's so easy to replace. There's a reason that United and City are looking at him, genuine footballing centre halves are few and far between. He's a massive asset.

So you don’t want/rate Tielemans then?  :ph34r:

• Confused 1

20 minutes ago, Paddy. said:

I’ll put it out there, Benkovic will be a better player than Maguire he is more composed and refined already. 

I rate Caglar also and At some point we need to start playing these or risk losing them which will hurt us in the future.

Maguire is 26/27 so in his prime and whilst certain CB go on longer Ferdinand, Evans off the top of my head look at the difference in build I can’t see Maguire still cutting it at 32+.

42 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

based on the last couple summers ?  I don’t believe the owners were confident enough in puel to allow an overspend last summer and the same was true of shakey. I think they have 100% confidence in Brendan to take any incoming talent and make the most of it. 

As far as Harry is concerned, plenty have an opinion that he didn’t perform so well last season ........ I’m not necessarily in that camp but would make the point that how many England players who went to Russia last summer and played a lot had a great campaign ?   There weren’t many ........

With Congleton and Brendan's record?

Don’t think Congerton is a one man show though is he? Isn’t the rest of the scouting team still here?

1 hour ago, BKLFox said:

I’ll put it out there, Benkovic will be a better player than Maguire he is more composed and refined already. 

I rate Caglar also and At some point we need to start playing these or risk losing them which will hurt us in the future.

Maguire is 26/27 so in his prime and whilst certain CB go on longer Ferdinand, Evans off the top of my head look at the difference in build I can’t see Maguire still cutting it at 32+.

26 is not prime for any player let alone a CB. Still has a lot to learn so claiming he won't cut it at 32 is a rash statement.

50 minutes ago, Dahnsouff said:

So you don’t want/rate Tielemans then?  :ph34r:

Nah. Got all my hopes pinned on Jordon Ibe. 

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Paddy. said:

Nah. Got all my hopes pinned on Jordon Ibe. 

Foresight. I like it. :)

1 hour ago, Foxxed said:

With Congleton and Brendan's record?

The summer signings have been identified before LC arrived ........

7 minutes ago, urban.spaceman said:

According to this we’re selling Maguire and spending £40m on Lewis Dunk:

https://www.teamtalk.com/news/exclusive-leicester-ready-to-sell-harry-maguire-as-foxes-identify-club-record-successor

I think that was last weeks news ...... although you should have a potential replacement sorted in case of emergency! 

WTF- 40m on Dunk?  Anyone at the Cub that dared to sanction this deal would need to be sectioned in a asylum pretty quickly as they would need help.   Dunk is a down-grade on Wes.

On 01/06/2019 at 13:57, hackneyfox said:

26 is not prime for any player let alone a CB. Still has a lot to learn so claiming he won't cut it at 32 is a rash statement.

I think 26 is pretty much prime for a striker. Not a CB though. Late 20’s imo.

• Like 2

On 01/06/2019 at 16:18, Paddy. said:

I agree, and am cautious because we don't know how he'll develop, but Soyuncu has definitely shown signs that he can start attacks as well as Maguire - I can't remember which game it was this season, but he dribbled through one team's whole midfield and then passed it forward nicely, if he can continue to get starts then it could be possible that he develops into a very similar player to Maguire, and if he can work on his mistake-proneness, he will be one of the best centrebacks in the PL.

• Like 2

Just about everybody reporting this morning we are prepared to sell... but only for the asking price which stands at £85 million.

29 minutes ago, Swan Lesta said:

Just about everybody reporting this morning we are prepared to sell... but only for the asking price which stands at £85 million.

Key parts here ...   

1.  No need to sell young players they are developing and can stand firm ..

2.  None of the City’s players have indicated they wish to leave the club ..

3.  (City) will not put a price on players they want to keep ..

4.  Rodgers would have been given assurances the core of his squad will be kept together ..

Stay positive Swanny ! ...   :scarf:

5921BFE9-B71B-4FDE-8A89-AC61831FEDE9.jpeg

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Countryfox said:

Key parts here ...   

4.  Rodgers would have been given assurances the core of his squad will be kept together ..

Oh I am, the papers will always do this. I’d be very surprised if anybody will meet LCFC’s valuation of any of our top players, just like they said no to all the derisory Mahrez offers.

2 hours ago, Countryfox said:

Key parts here ...   

Teams often put a price on players they want to keep. A price that they don’t think anyone will meet. 

1 hour ago, Leeds Fox said:

Teams often put a price on players they want to keep. A price that they don’t think anyone will meet. 

But not us apparently.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Stevosevic said:

Anything over 65m and we've got a good deal. 

Unless we then go and blow over half of that on Dunk or Tarkowski.