Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
sylofox

Maguire to Man Utd / Man City

1 hour ago, Deeg67 said:

We have absolutely no incentive to sell Chilwell, and he's not going to force a move.  

You know him personally to say that?

1 hour ago, Deeg67 said:

Man City would have to get close to 100 million just for him in order for Leicester to even consider it. 

If you don't think we'd considering anything north of £60m very seriously for a left back who can't cross, then I think you have your head in the sand. 

• Like 3

27 minutes ago, Leicester_Loyal said:

Arguably Harrys had to complete that many dribbles because for the majority of this season we've played with two DMs and our passing and movement in the final third has been appalling (under Puel). If we sign Tielemans I'd wager that those Maguire numbers will drop.

You're already correct... Harry’s dribbles/game were lower this year than last.  And sheer volume only says so much.  But holy crap, he's twice or several times as prolific as the most famous “ball-playing CBs” in Europe.  And shows it to the naked eye.

Whether you are looking to your CBs for entertainment is another question -- especially in a side like ours with superb, attacking fullbacks.*  But a slabhead who can do that is a rare bird and would be quite an option for Pep.

*  by far the three most prolific dribblers among Premier League defenders in 2018-19?  Ricardo, Wan-Bissaka and Chilwell.  One learns interesting thing when looking up stats.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Babylon said:

But this is all just guess work, nobody actually knows. Percy said we would last year and we spent a small net figure. I can't for the life of me understand why people are talking like it's an absolute certainty. 

Perhaps they will decide to, but nothing in the past 6 years actually points to them doing so, yet half the people on here talk like it's not even without doubt. That's not negative, it's bloody realistic. 

They now feel like they have a manager who is worth backing.

With Man Utd failing to qualify for CL, Man City facing a possible CL ban, and the likes of Ramos and Godin nearing retirement, could Madrid be a more tempting destination than Manchester should they come calling for Maguire?

For me you weigh up the importance of the player vs the cash being received in for that player leaving.

Harry is a top, top player however he has faults in his game and he will always need an organiser next to him in the Evans mould. 

For £65-80 million we can buy an awful lot of talent in areas of need. One player can make a team we know that but I don’t think Harry is a make or break player for us to keep improving. 

1 minute ago, GingerrrFox said:

For me you weigh up the importance of the player vs the cash being received in for that player leaving.

Harry is a top, top player however he has faults in his game and he will always need an organiser next to him in the Evans mould. 

For £65-80 million we can buy an awful lot of talent in areas of need. One player can make a team we know that but I don’t think Harry is a make or break player for us to keep improving. 

For the likes of 70-80 mill we can buy 2 potentially 3 key players to improve us overall. 

• Like 1

Harry Maguire is a leader on the pitch. With incoming players this summer and such a young squad I feel its imperative that we keep Maguire for stability and leadership as a CB and as a senior squad player. Even if it's just for one more year of servitude.    

• Like 1

Just now, UHDrive said:

Harry Maguire is a leader on the pitch. With incoming players this summer and such a young squad I feel its imperative that we keep Maguire for stability and leadership as a CB and as a senior squad player. Even if it's just for one more year of servitude.    

I don't think he's on the level of leader as the likes of Kasper, Vardy and Evans. It would be great and ideal to keep him, but 70mill is a lot of money, in a position we have a lot of talent, I'd be okay letting him go if it meant we could buy Youri and strengthen in other areas

5 minutes ago, UniFox21 said:

I don't think he's on the level of leader as the likes of Kasper, Vardy and Evans. It would be great and ideal to keep him, but 70mill is a lot of money, in a position we have a lot of talent, I'd be okay letting him go if it meant we could buy Youri and strengthen in other areas

Agreed re age and leadership on the pitch, makes sense. I don't think we'll need to sell him or any other player though, I think the owners will pump in plenty of money the summer to push for top 6 spot. Id prefer to keep Maguire, to stop the 'sell to buy' for a year and to warn the top clubs that it won't happen every year no matter how hard they try. Maguire may personally want out though.

13 minutes ago, UHDrive said:

Agreed re age and leadership on the pitch, makes sense. I don't think we'll need to sell him or any other player though, I think the owners will pump in plenty of money the summer to push for top 6 spot. Id prefer to keep Maguire, to stop the 'sell to buy' for a year and to warn the top clubs that it won't happen every year no matter how hard they try. Maguire may personally want out though.

The owners have never pumped money into the club for transfers really, it's generally been the club being self sustaining and through champions league money etc. Have a look through the Tielemans thread and a few posters have broken it down 

I don't know that his value will grow by staying here another year, and we're not getting any younger when we look at players like Albrighton, Evans, Vardy, Kasper. As painful as it would be to see him go, the type of figures being thrown about are astronomical and would be incredibly difficult to turn down.

48 minutes ago, UniFox21 said:

The owners have never pumped money into the club for transfers really, it's generally been the club being self sustaining and through champions league money etc. Have a look through the Tielemans thread and a few posters have broken it down 

Hi there. I've been an avid (obsessive) reader of foxes talk for a long time and I finally came around to joining yesterday to join in and throw in my twopence. I understand the finances ect. It feels like we as a club are at a crossroads though, maybe slightly premature timing wise but in a good sense. We have the training ground (development squad/first team/selling pitch new recruits). I've outlined in the Tielemans thread my reasoning for the owners to have to put money in this summer, whether that be through one of the loans or a simple cash injection. This is effectively Tops 'baby' now and he might/want to take things forward slightly differently. Either way, the cash discussed is doable, and the champions league days and money are over now, so onwards and upwards I say.

4 hours ago, Babylon said:

But this is all just guess work, nobody actually knows. Percy said we would last year and we spent a small net figure. I can't for the life of me understand why people are talking like it's an absolute certainty. 

Perhaps they will decide to, but nothing in the past 6 years actually points to them doing so, yet half the people on here talk like it's not even without doubt. That's not negative, it's bloody realistic. 

I’m going off everyone who claims to be itk. All seem to be on the same page that we are going to spend big this year.

2 hours ago, UniFox21 said:

For the likes of 70-80 mill we can buy 2 potentially 3 key players to improve us overall. 

Exactly. And Hull get 15% sell on. 70 million buys around 1.75 players of the quality we need. You really don't get that much for under 40 million unless you get lucky.

17 minutes ago, reynard said:

Exactly. And Hull get 15% sell on. 70 million buys around 1.75 players of the quality we need. You really don't get that much for under 40 million unless you get lucky.

Not true at all, the actual amount of transfers over £40m aren't as many as being made out. £20-30m is now the price of decent to good players and very promising youngsters. £40m plus is where the best are going across Europe. Only in this country does a domestic transfer of an above average player command near that. We as a country and the wealth are the problem.

Not  lot of fans of Maguire in the comments. Stones is only better than Maguire due to Pep. Stones at Everton was a total liability and a brain dead defender.

Maguire is winning this poll 64/36 atm

3 hours ago, GingerrrFox said:

Isn’t this the premise behind every transfer????

As long as he wants to play for us I don't want him to go as I really like his charactor, and I like the fact we have more England international..

I was happy when mahrez left as he did not want to play for us..

TBH I don't care how much money he will give us..