Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
sylofox

Maguire to Man Utd / Man City

Just now, UniFox21 said:

How much shit were you stirring? Got bored of reading the same crap so stopped checking :rolleyes:

Not especially, they were getting very salty about the Maguire transfer, so I responded in kind.

Not sure its just me, but I cannot even get the forums now, but deleting cookies/login, and voila I can, but its run its course and have no interest in going back either way

Back to the main event in FT  :thumbup:

Be interested to know if @urban.spaceman has the same issue :dunno:

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Les-TA-Jon said:

Aren't we already at that stage? Even if Maguire goes now for the fee we want - our first game is in 9 days and the window closes in 6. Why would we want to strengthen a direct rival, lose our best defender, spend £30-50m on a subpar replacement and have no preseason or bedding in time with them? 

We don't want to do that but every player has a price and if that value has been matched then what more can we do if the player wants to leave?

I have full trust in the club and not the constant shite that we read in the papers and social media. I am sure we have planned ahead for the eventuality of him leaving.

Whilst I do agree that it's not ideal to sign a replacement late in the day, it could be worse, at least the window closes before the first game of the season. We could be going through this nonsense still whilst competitive football has started.

Unfortunately whoever we do sign will be overpriced. The transfer market is mental these days. If we hold out for a fee in the region of £80-95m then I fully expect whoever we sign to be at an inflated rate too.

3 hours ago, st albans fox said:

This is reminiscent of us trying to get Leo in .....

and if they push the deal theough too late cor us to get the remainder of our business done then I suggest we will be the ones who end up looking like amateurs 

One hopes that this has all been agreed a few days ago and we have going about our business getting players in with the knowledge that he is defo going and the monies we have to spend as a result 

I made my peace with him leaving a while ago, so to have United fans sweating and crying over little Leicester is pure poetry regardless of the outcome.

I just hope/think we’ve learned our lesson with leaving it too late to sort out replacements. I’m as keen as anyone to not end up with another Riyad/Ghezzal situation.

I don't understand why we would be letting harry go now after all pre season is complete. If he goes we will almost certainly bring in a CB and throw him in against wolves having had no time with his new colleagues. If we were going to sell it should have been 2 weeks ago. When the 80 or 90 mill wasn't bid back then tough shite.

11 minutes ago, stripeyfox said:

You're right HPF. Nothing we can do about it and already far too much effort has been wasted speculating on something none of us know anything about or have any control over.

Situation looks bad in Whaley Bridge - hopefully the rain will ease off and give the engineers a chance to save the dam

I think that the worst is over if it has survived the night (famous last words).

From a totally selfish point of view, it makes travelling north very difficult now. And we already have the massively expensive link road (A555) to the airport that cannot cope with rain either - you'd have thought they might have planned for that. I'm just glad Leicester is southwards..... Now to try and score a Wolves ticket.

09:15

BRIGHTON AGREE WEBSTER DEAL

Sky sources understand Brighton have agreed a deal worth £22m for Bristol City defender Adam Webster.

Webster is on his way to Brighton for a medical and to discuss personal terms.

5 minutes ago, That_Dude said:

You're a bit harsh there. Granted he didn't have a great season, he still is a quality defender and an England international.

Look at the weekly votes from FT users for last season. 

Personally think it's spot on. Certainly 4th best defender at best over the season, not as good as the 3 midfielders or Vardy. Possibly on a par with Kasper and only ahead of Barnes and Hamza because they played so few games.

https://www.foxestalk.co.uk/matchratings/

11 minutes ago, Dahnsouff said:

Not especially, they were getting very salty about the Maguire transfer, so I responded in kind.

Not sure its just me, but I cannot even get the forums now, but deleting cookies/login, and voila I can, but its run its course and have no interest in going back either way

It's funny to watch them all argue. They aren't seeing the similarities with Pogba wanting out.

They're all pissing over the price but missing the point of them offering £70+10 mill rather than £80 + 10mill we want. Then complaining we're moving the goalposts 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, FIF said:

Look at the weekly votes from FT users for last season. 

Personally think it's spot on. Certainly 4th best defender at best over the season, not as good as the 3 midfielders or Vardy. Possibly on a par with Kasper and only ahead of Barnes and Hamza because they played so few games.

https://www.foxestalk.co.uk/matchratings/

I don't disagree about the last season but overall he was a bargain for us, did a very good job here and still can help us if the deal goes south.

Whether he stays or goes, we're in a win-win situation.

14 minutes ago, Dahnsouff said:

I still have access, though that’s probably because I haven’t wound them up as much as you :whistle:

Just now, Thecarrickfan said:

SSN have said Brighton have agreed a fee with Bristol City for Adam Webster.

Welcome back! Good luck :D

• Haha 3

Just now, urban.spaceman said:

I still have access, though that’s probably because I haven’t wound them up as much as you :whistle:

Scandalous - I will see you in court Sir! :D

• Haha 1