Sign in to follow this  
sylofox

Maguire to Man Utd / Man City

12 minutes ago, Babylon said:

To be fair some have never been entirely sold on him, or at least certain aspects of his game. Ability on the ball is great, but I've maintained I'm not sure about some of his defending and that him going walk about had a detrimental effect on our defence at times. I certainly don't think his "wild card" nature brought the best out of those around him. 

His tendancy to go walkabout and drive up the pitch, if i recall correctly, was before we had Tielemans. We were either behind or pushing for a winning goal and we were not getting the necessary from our midfield, and someone had to grab it by the scruff of the neck, and it was usually him who'd try to push the play up the pitch. of course that always boosted the crowd. And yes it was Bamba-esque, but he'd manage to keep the ball. If he stays there won't be the same need for him to do this that often as shown in the games where Tielemans was fully integrated and we were playing in a better fashion.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Dahnsouff said:

Ok - lets look at this another way (Not that we need to or should beyond idle speculative thoughts)

If you were a Man Utd fan (Please don`t ban me!) based in Ulan Bator, what would you want your board to do? :facepalm:

Send me Gas Mask as the air quality in this Mongolian City is truly shocking.

• Sad 1

2 minutes ago, Thecarrickfan said:

Well if the chief Manchester United writer for the Manchester Evening News believes that Manchester United are 'confident' the signing will go through, then there's no further discussion to be had.

Edited by ClaphamFox

4 minutes ago, Dahnsouff said:

Have you caught anything yet @Thecarrickfan ?

image.jpeg.4e5add186a654e312bfdaf4cb859d10f.jpeg

I'm not on here to wind anyone up, I'm on here to have a conversation about Harry Maguire, I'll be leaving the forum on Thursday.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Thecarrickfan said:

I'm not on here to wind anyone up, I'm on here to have a conversation about Harry Maguire, I'll be leaving the forum on Thursday.

But who is going to update us on how Harry gets on at Utd??

14 minutes ago, Thecarrickfan said:

It’s a shame for Harry if he is leaving to play in a stadium full of plastics 

35F835A7-376F-44FA-A299-771A87E409B3.thumb.png.53556d772ca6beed5ed6c0dcdd38bfa0.png

Edited by Mike Oxlong

As somebody that was there on that fvcking horrendous day in 2008 when we hit rock bottom, im now actually past caring about if he does or doesnt go!!

Mine and your Leicester City are currently toying with the great Manchester United to see if we can get either 80-90 million pounds for a defender that was outshone by Jonny Evans last season.

Im very chilled either way!!

• Like 1

1 minute ago, moore_94 said:

Dunk has started following us on Instagram 

131A28FE-CB6F-4BE8-BB23-1A616687FF67.jpeg

Don't want

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Babylon said:

I'm not picking him for that, I'm picking him as a cheap cover option whilst we and the manager see whether Benko and Soyuncu can cut the mustard. Rather than us spunking £40m+ on a centre back who might be no better than what we already have. 

Not a bad shout but if BR is contemplating replacing Maguire with a Dunk, Tarkowski et al etc then it suggests to me that certainly for the moment he doesn’t consider Soyunco or Benkovic up to the standard required. Certainly not for the now anyway. Whilst LCFC May have brought them in as future replacements, BR did not... If HM does leave and we can’t get a replacement this window that BR wants then GC is a possible shout.

Maybe he thinks they may develop but gut feeling says that he’ll farm them out for his own Centre Back purchases given time.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, TheUltimateWinner said:

Fake news

C0DA70F4-2F79-419B-A650-D0ED8D3EB5F3.thumb.jpeg.d03d0468791702fbb0de99b7fcfbc14b.jpeg

No it isn’t. He unfollowed about 5 minutes later 

6 minutes ago, VIKTOR-LE5 said:

Harry just put in a transfer request if you want to leave you greedy bugger.

Find that hard to believe at this late stage. 

He'd be mad to?

11 minutes ago, Swan Lesta said:

Not a bad shout but if BR is contemplating replacing Maguire with a Dunk, Tarkowski et al etc then it suggests to me that certainly for the moment he doesn’t consider Soyunco or Benkovic up to the standard required. Certainly not for the now anyway. Whilst LCFC May have brought them in as future replacements, BR did not... If HM does leave and we can’t get a replacement this window that BR wants then GC is a possible shout.

Maybe he thinks they may develop but gut feeling says that he’ll farm them out for his own Centre Back purchases given time.

Yeah I think if he wants a crack at the top 6 then the makeup of our back line without Maguire would worry him. He might really like them, but for me there are just too many question marks around having only Evans, Wes, Soy' and Benkovic. 

• Like 1

Well Dunk is happening isn't it... that follow looks like it happened, them signing a new bloke for £25m (by the way if he's worth £25m and Harry £80m, then Dunk is going to cost us £40m). 

So long as it's Dunk and £40m on a cracking winger then I'm happy TBH. 

Edited by Babylon

2 minutes ago, urban.spaceman said:

And you’re the dirty rascal you cvnt. 

Used to think they were a classy club. Full of plastics and noodle sponsors