Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
sylofox

Maguire to Man Utd / Man City

At the end of the day, if he does go we may as well rinse manure of the majority of their summer spending.... didn’t a local journalist claim they’ve only £100m in the kitty? Maguire won’t be the difference for them, they have issues all over the pitch.   

This is a perfect example of how Sky has fallen so far from where it was. Before, if sky said a transfer was close you'd sit up and listen. Now they can't even get the "magic figure" of a transfer they've spent months covering right. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Trav Le Bleu said:

Wait, what?!?!

I was commenting on a blanket statement that clearly isn't an automatic statement of fact.

How was I having a go at Harry?

... it was a general comment on the recent post in this forum. 

I replied to your comment in the first paragraph. 

Skysports news now saying that utd have bid £80m take it or leave it but Leicester want £85m.

I think this is all BS.  the deal is done at £80m but this is MU saving face propaganda trying to make out that they have driven a hard bargain and managed to stiff us for 5M, when all along we have been in charge and royally had their pants down.  Harry not in squad tomorrow is precautionary for obvious reasons and this "not in right frame of mind" is also spin to make it look like Harry was desperate to join when in reality, it is an opportunity that he is unlikely to turn down but, he is also happy where he is, hence no transfer request.

• Like 4

31 minutes ago, buzzer_b said:

£80m, £85m, £90m. Does anybody know what the fee is? lollol 

Was 80 all Summer then the deadline passed so now it's 90 (85+5 in add-ons seems to be the rumour).  At least that's the version of events I believe based on what's been said by the reliable ITKs over the course of the window, probably not spot on but can't be too far off the truth.

So one of the reasons Utd want Maguire is because he is a top professional with the right attitude. And yet they appear to want him to agitate for a move which makes his attitude and professionalism ultimately questionable. Hmmm. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, murphy said:

hey will be better next year and hopefully we will too but their worst season would probably be better than our best, the 2016 miracle excepted of course.

what are you talking about?

their worst is relegation, our best without the win, is second.

What possesses people to write such shiit?

2 minutes ago, jayfox26 said:

That contradicts itself anyway. Leicester want £85m yet they've never revealed in public how much they want. Sky are on the same level as the sun and mirror these days. 

which just goes to show that they know no more than anyone else does. The club are known for being very tight lipped over transfer dealings, not commenting on speculation until an official announcement is made. They do caveat with "we are told" when quoting the £85m figure but this is actually really nasty journalism by trying to imply that by not making it public then Leicester can increase it to rip off the poor hard done by united any time they like.  They can then tie this in to the ludicrous "Harry is Fuming/frustrated/desperate for move" bilge and make us out to be some sort of big bully who is holding back Harry and simultaneously destroying his boyhood dreams and his future legacy of medals to his unborn children. 

How dare we try to damage the brand that is MUFC. I am surprised the FA and FIFA have not stepped in and censured us, relegated us to div 1 deducted 50pts and burnt an effigy of Rudkin as a warning to any other DoF not to **** with the man.

God this thread really is frying my brain. Need to a) go to bed b) get a life

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Suzie the Fox said:

Was expecting him to go all through the window but with only a week to go and no bids that were acceptable being quoted, i had got my hopes up he would stay.

I will be bitterly disappointed now if he leaves, especially as this whole saga could have been done and dusted weeks ago. 

I feel sorry for Harry as im guessing he didnt know whether he was coming or going all this time, its no wonder he isnt in the right frame of mind to play tomorrow. 

Even if we get £90m for him, i for one will be sad. :( 

Me to thoroughly disappointed we  don’t  have a Policy of not selling a player two weeks before deadline. At least giving us time tooo replace. ??

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, treer said:

what are you talking about?

their worst is relegation, our best without the win, is second.

What possesses people to write such shiit?

Yes, they were relegated 45 years ago and we were 2nd in 1929 but we were talking about what Harry would likely achieve with United rather than us.  The keyword there was 'probably' and that their worst season would likely be better than our best going forward.  In other words, sixth for them is about as bad as it can get, they haven't had a worse finish than 7th in the PL era.  Our best realistically would be sixth (which we have never achieved in my lifetime, 2016 aside) and it would take a huge swing to get there.

Hopefully you can understand this now as I can't really put into any simpler terms than that but really no reason to have an aneurysm about it. 

Edited by murphy
  • Like 2