Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
sylofox

Maguire to Man Utd / Man City

1 minute ago, Babylon said:

He has proven to be so far in every game, which is a damn shame as 95% of the time he looks very good. 

Has Gary Cahill signed for anyone yet, I'd be more than open to taking him on for a year on good money as a security measure. Just in case Soyuncu and Benkovic can't stay fit or sort out the lapses in concentration. 

Perfect cover like you say. The fact we still have Evans and Wes to help the young lads out is great and the training ground would be important. These two youngsters are supposed to be two of the best young CB prospects in Europe ffs

Just now, Babylon said:

He has proven to be so far in every game, which is a damn shame as 95% of the time he looks very good. 

Has Gary Cahill signed for anyone yet, I'd be more than open to taking him on for a year on good money as a security measure. Just in case Soyuncu and Benkovic can't stay fit or sort out the lapses in concentration. 

Great shout tbf.

Would tie us over whilst bringing Soyuncu/Benkovic through during this season seeing if they were adequate or if we needed to replace Maguire whilst not wasting the money for the Maguire deal on panic buys.

6 minutes ago, Babylon said:

I don't deny that he's made some glaring mistakes, but labelling him as a liability when the lad never got a sustained run in the team is a stretch, to put it nicely.

People are writing him off the same way they did with Evans and Pereira (and many, many others) last season. I'd say wait and see.

Edit: Cahill would be a nice option.

Edited by That_Dude

This is all made up media and fan guff. If he was for sale Man Utd would have known how much we wanted for Maguire from the very first phone call. Why put low ball bids in when they’d know it would just drag out and they’d have to stump up a huge fee and possibly de-rail their own season and piss their own players off, there’s no point in doing that as Maguire would need to be integrated into the Man Utd squad and become familiar with how their team works and plays. Man City knew as Pep said in an interview he’s a Leicester player. To me that proves that Maguire wasn’t for sale in the first place and both Man City and Man Utd had been told that from the off.

• Like 1

I actually think either deal is done already or utd wont stump up the cash and it is dead in the water. All this about £95M etc and us raising the price is pure bollox to string it out in the media. If this is a done deal by the weekend what else are they going to talk about until Thursday. Plus I think it is all engineered to make us look like we are the bad guys in all of this as they cant upset their beloved united and its worldwide army of clickbait.

26 minutes ago, moore_94 said:

some of the comments on that tweet lol

why would you want to sign for a club with a fan base like that! I know most prem teams (including ours!) but United definitely seem to have some of the strangest fans in the league!

26 minutes ago, City1884 said:

Don’t get me wrong, I’m not taking anything for gospel, but I am starting to get nervous and twitchy that reports are now starting to appear about wanting £90m (which is more than anything previously reported) , Harry not playing tonight because of his frame of mind, and him getting “more and more frustrated”.

I really hope we don’t play ourselves into a bad position.

There's also 'reports' of us wanting £95m this morning too. I'd take it all with a pinch of salt. According to previous 'reports' we will only accept bids of £80m, £85m, £90m & £95m. According to 'reports' fees have been agreed. According to 'reports' he's having medicals. Honestly I take it all with a pinch of salt.

I don't for once minute believe we will play ourselves into a bad position. I am sure Maguire knows the score and has been told the clubs stance. If anything its YANITED that is causing Maguire to become 'frustrated' by low balling us with their 'bids.'

23 minutes ago, UPinCarolina said:

This has been easily the most exhaustingly stupid transfer saga in recent memory - surpassing Mahrez.

It's Mahrez all over again minus the tantrum. Same rumors, tweets, low bids, "asking price not met", "he stays", "he goes", " we don't need to sell", "they can fck off"...

It didn't go too bad at the end.

2 minutes ago, leicesterlad1989 said:

I don't for once minute believe we will play ourselves into a bad position. I am sure Maguire knows the score and has been told the clubs stance. If anything its YANITED that is causing Maguire to become 'frustrated' by low balling us with their 'bids.'

Aren't we already at that stage? Even if Maguire goes now for the fee we want - our first game is in 9 days and the window closes in 6. Why would we want to strengthen a direct rival, lose our best defender, spend £30-50m on a subpar replacement and have no preseason or bedding in time with them? 

4 minutes ago, UniFox21 said:

Wouldn't be surprised for this to all fall through. United seem adamant they won't pay £80m + £10m add-ons, which is what we've requested this entire time. 

No doubt we'll be painted the bad guys in this 

Who cares? Football pundits are fickle people with short term memories. At Christmas when United are leaking goals and we're ahead of them in the table they'll be asking why United didn't buy a decent premier league proven centre back and asking if we're going to upset the so called "big six" and stake our place in Europe next season!

Now let's keep hold of Harry (he'll get over it when we're winning everything - knowing he'll end up at a better club than United next year) and go and buy that winger to finally replace Mahrez.

14 minutes ago, HighPeakFox said:

I really do recommend spending no energy on this whatsoever - it's all smoke and mirrors. He'll either be sold or he won't.

Impeccable logic, Peaky.

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, HighPeakFox said:

It is that simple, there is so much in my life I cannot control, so I really cannot afford to get het up about this. I'm slightly more concerned about the dam down the road giving way....now that does cause me anxiety.

You're right HPF. Nothing we can do about it and already far too much effort has been wasted speculating on something none of us know anything about or have any control over.

Situation looks bad in Whalley Bridge - hopefully the rain will ease off and give the engineers a chance to save the dam

1 minute ago, Trelleh said:

Adam Webster moving to Brighton to pave the way for Dunk to replace Maguire??

So it (apparently) begins....