Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
sylofox

Maguire to Man Utd / Man City

4 hours ago, Crashtoasted said:

I absolutely love our club for the way we’ve handled this. It’s amazing to think we’re making Manchester United look like transfer amateurs ???

This is reminiscent of us trying to get Leo in .....

and if they push the deal theough too late cor us to get the remainder of our business done then I suggest we will be the ones who end up looking like amateurs 

One hopes that this has all been agreed a few days ago and we have going about our business getting players in with the knowledge that he is defo going and the monies we have to spend as a result 

6 hours ago, jayfox26 said:

That contradicts itself anyway. Leicester want £85m yet they've never revealed in public how much they want. Sky are on the same level as the sun and mirror these days. 

They’re all one and the same. Red tops, spouting over dramatic rubbish to sensationalise stories and pull in people that are gullible enough to believe in fake ITKs.

I think the thing that’ll irritate me the most about this entire transfer saga, is that these fake ITKs, who have been shooting fish in a barrel for the past 2 months, will now claim to be just that. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, jeffschlupp said:

You want to buy in January? Glad you're not running a Premier League football club.

Midfield cover like James and King? Good luck with competing on three fronts.

Centre backs like the error prone Soyuncu, a 35 year old Wes and the unproven Benkovic? Sure, that'll get you top 6.

4 wingers? Like the Ghezzal that has been abused non stop by the fans, Demarai Gray whose attacking returns are worse than Maguire's, and another unproven force in Barnes.

If you're happy with the squad as it is, you're easily impressed.

No ones ever happy with the squad, but we ain’t getting 2-3 more players in, what we’ve got is what we’ve got. We’ve got players on 70 grand a week that we can’t shift, what we going to do with them?

8 hours ago, Spiritwalker said:

The article states he has told BR that he is not in the right frame of mind to play.

Maybe I'll phone work in the morning and tell them I'm not in the right frame of

mind to come in.

I'll break this to you gently.....not everything you read in the papers is true.  Sorry,

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, LinekersLugs said:

He has withdrawn his services   told BR that his head isn’t in it 

that’s strike in my job 

“boss my head isn’t in it , can’t fit those windows Friday so I’m sitting that job out, I’m on strike till you let me move to Anglia Home improvements” 

Impressed with your knowledge of what is said within the confines of BR's office.

6 minutes ago, PaulW said:

I'll break this to you gently.....not everything you read in the papers is true.  Sorry,

Not everything is false, either. If Maguire is genuinely keen on the move and thinks we’re blocking it, it is possible that he’s not in the right frame of mind to play. It’s not implausible. 

9 hours ago, jeffschlupp said:

You want to buy in January? Glad you're not running a Premier League football club.

Midfield cover like James and King? Good luck with competing on three fronts.

Centre backs like the error prone Soyuncu, a 35 year old Wes and the unproven Benkovic? Sure, that'll get you top 6.

4 wingers? Like the Ghezzal that has been abused non stop by the fans, Demarai Gray whose attacking returns are worse than Maguire's, and another unproven force in Barnes.

If you're happy with the squad as it is, you're easily impressed.

General opinion amongst the pundits is that we have one of the most exciting young sides in the prem., and we are rated as one of the sides most likely to break into the top six.  We have current international representatives playing in virtually every position on field, & still more on the bench  Yup, I'm impressed.

Edited by PaulW
Typo

9 hours ago, murphy said:

In all honesty yes he is.  They had an awful season by their standards last year but still finished sixth and 14 points ahead of us.  Let's not forget that the previous year they finished second and won the FA Cup.  

They will be better next year and hopefully we will too but their worst season would probably be better than our best, the 2016 miracle excepted of course.

I don't think Harry would be wise to wait for Man City.  They'll never pay £80-90m.

Fully agree, that's what some here, because of an obvious but understandable bias, refuse to see.

No matter how shit they are at the moment, he still has realistically more chances of silverware with them than us. I like him, he behaved like a true pro all along but I never saw him staying here more than 3 seasons. He's a very good defender and a starter in England's XI, it was clear as hell that he's going to move at some point.

They never had and certainly won't for Maguire. They don't have the same defense problem as MU and rely much less on their defense since they confiscate the ball most of the time. For them a holding midfielder/successor for Fernandinho was the priority. I doubt it ever was considered as a serious alternative.

Edited by That_Dude
  • Like 1

Just now, Legend_in_blue said:

If this is true, well played everyone at lcfc.  :appl:

I said last week if they mess us about, just start increasing the fee.

We are brilliant.  

(Assuming this is true of course).

£95m? Pah! I heard it was £100m up front and a further £10m in add-ons,