Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
sylofox

Maguire to Man Utd / Man City

18 minutes ago, UniFox21 said:

No, but Percy confirmed he was removed from the squad due to his head not being in the right place. 

absolute rubbish i think, BR has repeated his professionalism and respect for the team and club all summer and i highly doubt on the last week of the transfer that he has pulled a mental wobbly, This is classic media and last week drama being pulled off. There are loads of reasons why he been pulled up. Maybe an injury, maybe the illness has picked up, maybe they want to rest him for next weekend and not risk him being injured in a pre-season. utter BS as per usual, and until the club confirm and that hes handed in his transfer. i wont believe any of these insects. k thanks.

7 minutes ago, Simoken said:

absolute rubbish i think, BR has repeated his professionalism and respect for the team and club all summer and i highly doubt on the last week of the transfer that he has pulled a mental wobbly, This is classic media and last week drama being pulled off. There are loads of reasons why he been pulled up. Maybe an injury, maybe the illness has picked up, maybe they want to rest him for next weekend and not risk him being injured in a pre-season. utter BS as per usual, and until the club confirm and that hes handed in his transfer. i wont believe any of these insects. k thanks.

Mate, this guy knows more of what's going on in our club than most of this forum put together. If he says that's the reason, it's probably the reason.

Edited by UniFox21
  • Like 1

48 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

@Babylon Interesting shout on Cahill, in many ways we already have the protection of Soyuncu and Benkovic with Wes Morgan. Cahill might still be a step up on Morgan but by how much? Also would Cahill want to come here and potentially not be first choice still? Hmmm I would rather Cahill on a free though than blast silly money at Lewis Dunk or Tarkowski.

Let's put it this way... I'd rather have more protection that Wes Morgan :D

Cahill will be whatever we want him to be for enough money.

• Like 1

People have short memories. Harry has been great for us and we’ve been great for him. He’s had a platform to kick on his career with us. He has been professional since he signed, and along with Vardy, has represented England and Leicester in a World Cup Semi Final. To dismiss him so easily when nothing has actually happened yet is ridiculous. If the move goes through, can we not just thank him and appreciate the service he’s given to the club. He’s not the greatest player Leicester has ever had, but he’s a damn good one. We will manage with or without him, the club is bigger than any player. Personally I’ve been relaxed about it all summer, can’t echo @HighPeakFox viewpoint enough 

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, AKCJ said:

lol Amazing how fickle football fans are.

To be fair some have never been entirely sold on him, or at least certain aspects of his game. Ability on the ball is great, but I've maintained I'm not sure about some of his defending and that him going walk about had a detrimental effect on our defence at times. I certainly don't think his "wild card" nature brought the best out of those around him. 

• Like 1

Got to admit I am very impressed with our stance this time round. Many may think we are being nitty gritty over just 5million but it sure as hell reinforces the clubs ultimate authority and not the players or United’s. Won’t half make clubs think if this situation arises again that we dictate negotiations and hopefully put them off altogether. Bravo to the hierarchy 

Edited by Clarkey123
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Babylon said:

Let's put it this way... I'd rather have more protection that Wes Morgan :D

Cahill will be whatever we want him to be for enough money.

But isn`t Jonny that person, already at the club?

8 minutes ago, Simoken said:

I think you are clutching a straw a little bit. If John Percy is reporting it, then I'd be inclined to say it's the truth.

It's probably best for the team and Maguire that he does sit it out anyway. We need to use this game to prepare for next weekend. IF he stays, we already know he can slot back into the team. IF he goes, we need to make sure we have a suitable partner ready for Evans.

49 minutes ago, messerschmitt said:

Given that we knew at the beginning of last season there was a possibility of Maguire leaving, as we bought in Benkovic and Soyuncu for that eventuality, does anyone know why we didn’t prepare further by playing them? Benkovic could have been recalled in January and Soyuncu could have been given a run of game instead of using Morgan so often.

Claude Puel did not recall Benko.  Blame him.  I said at the time we should have.  But we kept playing Wes until the last few meaningless games.  Hindsight....

Ok - lets look at this another way (Not that we need to or should beyond idle speculative thoughts)

If you were a Man Utd fan (Please don`t ban me!) based in Ulan Bator, what would you want your board to do? :facepalm:

Just now, Babylon said:

How is our starting centre back cover for Soyuncu and Benkovic is they turn out to be nothing but crocks and liabilities?

Fair enough. Just meant from an experience point of view. Not sure what Cahill's injury record is like to be fair.

6 minutes ago, Dahnsouff said:

But isn`t Jonny that person, already at the club?

No. He's the only nailed on starter in central defence. We'd be taking a bit of a risk relying on any of Soyuncu, Benkovic or Wes. I think someone like Cahill would be a good option to have. Plenty of experience, but not completely past it.

• Like 1