Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
sylofox

Maguire to Man Utd / Man City

16 minutes ago, Simoken said:

absolute rubbish i think, BR has repeated his professionalism and respect for the team and club all summer and i highly doubt on the last week of the transfer that he has pulled a mental wobbly, This is classic media and last week drama being pulled off. There are loads of reasons why he been pulled up. Maybe an injury, maybe the illness has picked up, maybe they want to rest him for next weekend and not risk him being injured in a pre-season. utter BS as per usual, and until the club confirm and that hes handed in his transfer. i wont believe any of these insects. k thanks.

A bit of an odd rant, there. If Maguire didn't want to leave, this story would have died months ago. Rodgers' comments in post-match interviews also strongly suggest that the club knows Maguire wants to go. Therefore it's perfectly plausible that Maguire is feeling a bit frustrated about the situation and isn't in the right frame of mind to play tonight. If it was an injury or illness, the club would have said this and it would have been reported in the Mercury. The fact that nobody seems to be suggesting that Maguire's absence tonight is due to illness or injury should tell you something.

1 minute ago, Raw Dykes said:

No. He's the only nailed on starter in central defence. We'd be taking a bit of a risk relying on any of Soyuncu, Benkovic or Wes. I think someone like Cahill would be a good option to have. Plenty of experience, but not completely past it.

Fair enough

5 minutes ago, Dahnsouff said:

Ok - lets look at this another way (Not that we need to or should beyond idle speculative thoughts)

If you were a Man Utd fan (Please don`t ban me!) based in Ulan Bator, what would you want your board to do? :facepalm:

Pay what they think they could sell him for

2 minutes ago, Dahnsouff said:

Fair enough

I think it might be ideal to get someone like Cahill on a short-term contract. Someone to tide us over for this season, which should be long enough to find out whether CS or FB are ready to play regularly next season.

12 minutes ago, Babylon said:

To be fair some have never been entirely sold on him, or at least certain aspects of his game. Ability on the ball is great, but I've maintained I'm not sure about some of his defending and that him going walk about had a detrimental effect on our defence at times. I certainly don't think his "wild card" nature brought the best out of those around him. 

His tendancy to go walkabout and drive up the pitch, if i recall correctly, was before we had Tielemans. We were either behind or pushing for a winning goal and we were not getting the necessary from our midfield, and someone had to grab it by the scruff of the neck, and it was usually him who'd try to push the play up the pitch. of course that always boosted the crowd. And yes it was Bamba-esque, but he'd manage to keep the ball. If he stays there won't be the same need for him to do this that often as shown in the games where Tielemans was fully integrated and we were playing in a better fashion.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Dahnsouff said:

Ok - lets look at this another way (Not that we need to or should beyond idle speculative thoughts)

If you were a Man Utd fan (Please don`t ban me!) based in Ulan Bator, what would you want your board to do? :facepalm:

Send me Gas Mask as the air quality in this Mongolian City is truly shocking.

• Sad 1

2 minutes ago, Thecarrickfan said:

Well if the chief Manchester United writer for the Manchester Evening News believes that Manchester United are 'confident' the signing will go through, then there's no further discussion to be had.

Edited by ClaphamFox

1 minute ago, Thecarrickfan said:

I'm not on here to wind anyone up, I'm on here to have a conversation about Harry Maguire, I'll be leaving the forum on Thursday.

But who is going to update us on how Harry gets on at Utd??

As somebody that was there on that fvcking horrendous day in 2008 when we hit rock bottom, im now actually past caring about if he does or doesnt go!!

Mine and your Leicester City are currently toying with the great Manchester United to see if we can get either 80-90 million pounds for a defender that was outshone by Jonny Evans last season.

Im very chilled either way!!

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Babylon said:

I'm not picking him for that, I'm picking him as a cheap cover option whilst we and the manager see whether Benko and Soyuncu can cut the mustard. Rather than us spunking £40m+ on a centre back who might be no better than what we already have. 

Not a bad shout but if BR is contemplating replacing Maguire with a Dunk, Tarkowski et al etc then it suggests to me that certainly for the moment he doesn’t consider Soyunco or Benkovic up to the standard required. Certainly not for the now anyway. Whilst LCFC May have brought them in as future replacements, BR did not... If HM does leave and we can’t get a replacement this window that BR wants then GC is a possible shout.

Maybe he thinks they may develop but gut feeling says that he’ll farm them out for his own Centre Back purchases given time.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Swan Lesta said:

Not a bad shout but if BR is contemplating replacing Maguire with a Dunk, Tarkowski et al etc then it suggests to me that certainly for the moment he doesn’t consider Soyunco or Benkovic up to the standard required. Certainly not for the now anyway. Whilst LCFC May have brought them in as future replacements, BR did not... If HM does leave and we can’t get a replacement this window that BR wants then GC is a possible shout.

Maybe he thinks they may develop but gut feeling says that he’ll farm them out for his own Centre Back purchases given time.

Yeah I think if he wants a crack at the top 6 then the makeup of our back line without Maguire would worry him. He might really like them, but for me there are just too many question marks around having only Evans, Wes, Soy' and Benkovic. 

• Like 1