Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
sylofox

Maguire to Man Utd / Man City

Just now, LC/FC said:

FYI... It's not a requirement to have an opposition shirt on. I just mean it's not a put off. lol

You keep telling yourself that, with your slightly soiled collection of opposition shirts and your scrapbook of lady faces. :giggle:

Just now, ARM1968 said:

You keep telling yourself that, with your slightly soiled collection of opposition shirts and your scrapbook of lady faces. :giggle:

If those faces included Kaley, Rach and also Scarlett Johansson... Fuch it! Guilty lol

• Haha 1

45 minutes ago, Joefox said:

He’s just going for money basically. Not that I blame him. Let’s not all pretend we wouldn’t take a massive pay rise.

Man Utd are a big club steeped in history but is Maguire going to achieve much more with them than he would with us at this point? There not in the UCL and I can’t see them qualifying next year either. He would do well to sit tight for a year and see if Man City come in for him next year.

In all honesty yes he is.  They had an awful season by their standards last year but still finished sixth and 14 points ahead of us.  Let's not forget that the previous year they finished second and won the FA Cup.  

They will be better next year and hopefully we will too but their worst season would probably be better than our best, the 2016 miracle excepted of course.

I don't think Harry would be wise to wait for Man City.  They'll never pay £80-90m.

3 minutes ago, LC/FC said:

Could probably double what he's on now, whatever it is tbf. 

I think he could probably treble what he’s on now by going to United and even though they’re in a state they still finished comfortably above us last season. It’s just a job at the end of the day and anybody that says they wouldn’t be tempted to move to another work place, doing the exact same job but trebling their wages is lying. 

• Like 4

1 minute ago, Mint23 said:

I think he could probably treble what he’s on now by going to United and even though they’re in a state they still finished comfortably above us last season. It’s just a job at the end of the day and anybody that says they wouldn’t be tempted to move to another work place, doing the exact same job but trebling their wages is lying. 

Then why aren't all the best players in the world playing in China?

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, urban.spaceman said:

Didn’t we accept £65m the other month?

The magic figure's £80m you say, Sky?

Why did you then put this out less than an hour later, then?

United are prepared to pay £80m but we are told that Leicester want £85m. United will not pay that much.

Leicester’s position has not changed. They do not want to sell Maguire unless someone is prepared to meet their valuation – which they have never revealed in public.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Mint23 said:

Oh definitely. Let's say he's on 80k a week atm. So trebling that is 240k a week, they can afford that. 

But fuch me, if he's not worth 80m, then he's definitely not worth almost a quarter of a mill a week. 

Started the day feeling optimistic we'd rode out the worst of it with 24hours until the final friendly. Ending the day without seeing much hope of Maguire staying - I can't see a deal this financially large and important to United being held up for a £5mil-£10mil difference. 

2 minutes ago, Trav Le Bleu said:

Then why aren't all the best players in the world playing in China?

... standard would not be good enough for them to be assured their position for International call ups. 

Nearly 400 pages extolling the club for maintaining its position and praising HM for his professionalism, one quote and we are vilifing the bloke and looking to hasten his departure. 

We can't have it both ways, the proof once again incase we had forgotten how fickle this forum can be!! 

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, FantasticMrFox&Son said:

ER, NO.

Not playing to avoid any injury risks.

Damaged goods and all that.

But let's not let the facts get in the way of another "conspiracy" theory. 

He has withdrawn his services   told BR that his head isn’t in it 

that’s strike in my job 

“boss my head isn’t in it , can’t fit those windows Friday so I’m sitting that job out, I’m on strike till you let me move to Anglia Home improvements” 

37 minutes ago, Wymeswold fox said:

If he signs for them and plays for them at the King Power Stadium, it'll either be hilarious or pain-staking to watch him play against LCFC..

Totally agree . . . I would imagine the likes of Madders and Vardy wanting to tear him a new one . . . Or is that another dream I have . . . 

:wes:

7 minutes ago, sacreblueits442 said:

... standard would not be good enough for them to be assured their position for International call ups. 

Nearly 400 pages extolling the club for maintaining its position and praising HM for his professionalism, one quote and we are vilifing the bloke and looking to hasten his departure. 

We can't have it both ways, the proof once again incase we had forgotten how fickle this forum can be!! 

Wait, what?!?!

I was commenting on a blanket statement that clearly isn't an automatic statement of fact.

How was I having a go at Harry?