Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StanSP

Cricket 2019

1 hour ago, Bobby Hundreds said:

India are soft in middle, but have bumrah. England bat deep but Rashid struggling and our middle overs are buffet, Australia are playing on instinct but weak if Starc doesn’t lead the line. Going to be very tight between us. 

That's a fair assessment.

England are certainly more a batting-oriented team - bat first, we'll set a target so big scoreboard pressure will help our bowlers do the rest, bat second and we'll chase it down if one or two of our six or seven frontline batsmen fire. Of course, it doesn't always work that way given conditions.

3 minutes ago, TK95 said:

It's amazing. truly dominant displays in the West Indies series but can barely string a partnership in the Ashes so far

Aussies are the best one day nation though, even so I thought we'd put up more of a fight, aussies will be 5-0 up in the multi format after this.:(

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Izzy said:

All five WC matches at OT the side batting first has won.

NZ win the toss and bat. Could be interesting 

Don't wanna hear stuff like that although I'd have wanted to bat first too lol.

Fears there could be rain later (?) so I'd trust we'd have hopefully got a big total on board. Ah well, could be an interesting game indeed - this fixture got rained out in the group stage. 

6 minutes ago, purpleronnie said:

Lots of money spend on the OT ground, just looks a mess.

Eh?

I think it looks pretty decent. Good facilities there and cricket grounds are renowned for having various kinds of stands that are different sizes/shapes etc.

Not sure why it looks a mess?

3 minutes ago, StanSP said:

Eh?

I think it looks pretty decent. Good facilities there and cricket grounds are renowned for having various kinds of stands that are different sizes/shapes etc.

Not sure why it looks a mess?

The redevelopment has been terribly thought out, pavilion is truly awful, once iconic now a dull block, there is no symmetry either with the point, they could have made it look so much better, simply replicating the seating like the one under the point would've been a massive improvement.

I don't know why the fans in the crowd who have thing slike pictures of the players stuck on to cardboard amuse me, but they do.

I think it's because I can picture them at home the night before the game with a Pritstick and a pair of children's scissors getting ready for the game.

3 minutes ago, David Guiza said:

I don't know why the fans in the crowd who have thing slike pictures of the players stuck on to cardboard amuse me, but they do.

I think it's because I can picture them at home the night before the game with a Pritstick and a pair of children's scissors getting ready for the game.

lol same

Some of them are so cringey as well. Like when fully-grown adults ask for footballer's shirts in stadiums with cardboard signs.

• Haha 1

Interesting update from the Beeb... I think the Kiwi's will be doing a rain dance for a few hours. 

The players went off for rain at about 14:00 BST. No overs will be lost until it passes 16:00.

There next update will be at 15:00 but it doesn't look like that will result in anything but a further update an hour later as it's still raining.

India's innings must be at least 20 overs to constitute a game and every effort will be made to get it in today.

If New Zealand can't resume their innings and India have only 20 overs to face, they will need 148 to win.

10 minutes ago, purpleronnie said:

It's Manchester....almost guaranteed.  Not sure we should have WC cricket staged here.:D 

It was fine a couple of weeks ago. Indicative of British summer!

1 minute ago, David Guiza said:

Interesting update from the Beeb... I think the Kiwi's will be doing a rain dance for a few hours. 

The players went off for rain at about 14:00 BST. No overs will be lost until it passes 16:00.

There next update will be at 15:00 but it doesn't look like that will result in anything but a further update an hour later as it's still raining.

India's innings must be at least 20 overs to constitute a game and every effort will be made to get it in today.

If New Zealand can't resume their innings and India have only 20 overs to face, they will need 148 to win.

I reckon they'll come back on about 3.30pm(ish) but go off later again for rain after 4pm.

There's a reserve day tomorrow but I'd rather get this match done today. That's lot of overs/hours lost to restrict us to only 20 overs. Think there'll be enough adequate weather left  in the day to get enough overs in I hope.

148 in 20 is very doable though even with a wet outfield.

2 minutes ago, David Guiza said:

Cricket has some pathetic rules, ridiculous sport. The weather and other factors of luck should not be influencing games this much, especially at a World Championship/Cup level.