Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StanSP

Cricket 2019

1 hour ago, Super_horns said:
Cricket final to be on FTA telly if England get there.

Probably put the mockers on it!

BBC have the Wimbledon final and Channel 4 the British GP so not sure who will show it ?

Nice gesture, but it'll be too little too late and ultimately have little impact on the future health of the sport in England sadly.

3 hours ago, Super_horns said:
Cricket final to be on FTA telly if England get there.

Probably put the mockers on it!

BBC have the Wimbledon final and Channel 4 the British GP so not sure who will show it ?

The Cricket World Cup final will be broadcast on free-to-air television in the UK if England are in it.

Sky Sports said they would show the event live, although they have not yet revealed which channel it will be on.

10 minutes ago, Bobby Hundreds said:

If India can chase a total down, it will give them bags of confidence. SA off to a flyer too. I’d certainly prefer to play Australia away from Lords, plus an India v England final would be showcasing the best two teams in the world.

Fully expect aus to come back and restrict sa. I agree on india though. They need to successfully chase down a score heading into semis.

2 hours ago, Bobby Hundreds said:

If India can chase a total down, it will give them bags of confidence. SA off to a flyer too. I’d certainly prefer to play Australia away from Lords, plus an India v England final would be showcasing the best two teams in the world.

You know, I'm not actually convinced that India are one of the two best teams in the world...though they certainly seem to be strolling to victory today.

11 hours ago, Chiltern Fox said:

Very little to choose between India, England and Aus for best 2 teams in the world. 

That's true enough.

TBH though, for me it comes down to strength in depth - I actually thought about the idea of an best XI from all three teams and India would only have 2/3 people in it (I ummed and ahhed about Bumrah rather a lot) - IMO they tend to over-rely on Kohli and Rohit too much (that being said, the Aussies are relying on Starc and Warner similarly right now too):

Warner

Rohit

Kohli

Root

Stokes

Bairstow

Carey (wk)

Bumrah

Starc

Archer

Wood

NB. I would have stuck Finch in there too if there weren't two openers that are better than his own very high standard.

Edited by leicsmac