Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Aus Fox

Premier League Thread 2019/20

42 minutes ago, Hollyfox said:

Southampton finishing the season with great momentum. 

Could they 'Do a Leicester' next season? 

Might be a good e/w bet 

No chance. They got battered like week against Man City. Also lost to Arsenal before that.

I think they're better away though.

edit: I know they beat Man City though lol 

Edited by Fox92
clarification

2 minutes ago, Md9 said:

Even Jose must be thinking what have I got myself into this is shite. Holding for another big pay out to bankrupt spurs 

Think he knew exactly what he was doing.

Big paying London club with his family settled in London, if he fails it doesnt tarnish what he's done at his previous clubs and he gets a big pay out if he gets sacked. It'll do until he goes to the middle east or china for a season or two.

Edited by Nalis

2 minutes ago, Nalis said:

Think he knew exactly what he was doing.

Big paying London club with his family settled in London, if he fails it doesnt tarnish what he's done at his previous clubs and he gets a big pay out if he gets sacked. It'll do until he goes to the middle east or china for a season or two.

I am suprised levy went for him knowing he wont last long and have a big pay out. Either that or he isn’t bothered about any Europe for a few seasons 😂 

According to the BBC after 3 mins of injury time Spurs still hadn't had a shot on target.

Adam Conflict: Ive supported Spurs for nearly 30 years, and sacking Poch was the worst decision I've seen the club make.

SMS Message: If Spurs end the game without a shot on target against a team in 17th place in the table, it'll show how far they've fallen. from Matt, Bedford

If Spurs end the game without a shot on target against a team in 17th place in the table, it'll show how far they've fallen.

Matt, Bedford

Urgh, can't believe I'm going to have to root for Villa now. Not least because, if it actually comes off, they'll be breathing down 'our Nige's neck again.
:plancque::nigel:

They're not happy fans

Iain Yates: Don't normally put anything on here but being a spurs fan since '81. We've been through thick and thin, mainly thin but when Poch took over there was nothing but hope, this guy is so behind the times it's unbelievable. Levy swallow some pride and bring Poch back.

SMS Message: Twelve added minutes? Haven't we suffered enough? from Neil

Twelve added minutes? Haven't we suffered enough?

Neil

3 minutes ago, oxtonfox said:

Do you think Mourinho will keep his job? or will his contract make it difficult for Spurs to sack him? I think they’ve regressed and he’s spent 

They've been declining for 2 or 3 years now, the UCL run papered over the cracks. I can't say they look any worse under Mourinho than they did under Poch post-2017.

As easy as Jose is to dislike, the rot in that squad goes deeper than just his decisions. It'd be pretty unfair on him to get the boot without getting a summer transfer window to spend in. The vast majority of these players were bought, or promoted from the youth setup, by Pochettino. And honestly, to lose the likes of Eriksen and Wanyama and replace them with Ndombele and Winks speaks volumes for the decline in the squad's quality.

If we're still having this discussion at Christmas, maybe his time is up. But for now, nah, I can't pin the blame on the manager, not least because I think they'd be worse off right now if Poch was still in charge.

It's still funny though.
:shakey:

Edited by OntarioFox
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, StanSP said:

Glad Bournemouth have got their long overdue clean sheet out of the way. Their first since they beat Chelsea in December.

I was hoping Solanke broke his duck, 38 games 0 goals with us up next.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Sol thewall Bamba said:

Whenever they show Eddie on the sidelines he's just pointing at nothing or talking to himself. Strange bloke.

He's under pressure, struggling and he cares. I'd give hima.bit of slack. 

Pearson was the poster boy of cracking under pressure. It happens to the best of them.