Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Aus Fox

Premier League Thread 2019/20

18 hours ago, Koke said:

Not sure if Jim White is being serious  or not. :/ 

Haven't bothered with this shock jock cesspit of a radio station since Leeds were a Premiership club. Has this pr*ck taken the mantle from Adrian Durham? 

23 minutes ago, Manwell Pablo said:

He will end up having it extended I think,  although I hope he doesn’t, he had zero intent to hurt JJ, why they just can’t accept it was a bad tackle and one of those things and just move on I don’t know. 

Guessing it’s a bit over optimistic expecting anything from Villa this evening? 😂

I hope it's extended, yes it's harsh on him as it was clumsy rather than intentional but arsenal as a club deserve it for being a bunch of whiny bell ends

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Danizen said:

Haven't bothered with this shock jock cesspit of a radio station since Leeds were a Premiership club. Has this pr*ck taken the mantle from Adrian Durham? 

No, Mr Durham is still on their being his usual miserable self, ranting about anything just for views and phonecalls.

Guest An Sionnach

Harry is a good bloke and I like him , he is a decent CB but of course he isn't as good as Jonny. Jonny is world class now and Utd. were stupid to sell him.

6 minutes ago, gw_leics772 said:

For me, it is simply this. 

Others are saying it, so in that instance it is not us being revisionist, and as much as you may be right about what could have been, it doesn't matter and I couldn't be happier how it turned out. 

But now he's gone, I can enjoy the abuse he gets and laugh from a distance. No skin off my nose. 

Its not like he was a title winning legend, just a good player for us and we rinsed the market when we sold him, like the drinkwater sale. 

I know others are doing what you said but imo what came next proved he was nowhere near worth what we sold him for, and I am happy that I was wrong when I originally thought he was. 

Winner winner, dinner of chickens! 

Oh yeah totally agree about how well we played it, we diddled Man U.  And I wasn't particularly responding to the Van Der Vaart quotes, more just the general sentiment amongst our fanbase that Maguire was always crap. 

• Like 1

Haven't we learnt from telling fans how happy they should be with how their manager is doing? Pearson has obviously improved them but the new manager bounce has faded. That Watford side is largely the same side that has comfortably survived in the PL for a good while now

11 hours ago, Dan LCFC said:

Wolves really choking. Couldn't believe that sub from Nuno earlier putting Dendoncker on for Traore with about 10 left. Absolute cowardice got exactly what it deserved.

They've flapped it. I think we'll come above them now. To be honest they're almost irrelevant to me at this point - if they become relevant again it means we've likely blown it anyway.

A little pot kettle lol  

8 minutes ago, Walkers said:

Haven't we learnt from telling fans how happy they should be with how their manager is doing? Pearson has obviously improved them but the new manager bounce has faded. That Watford side is largely the same side that has comfortably survived in the PL for a good while now

I think it’s very harsh to turn on a manager who looks to be keeping you up when he took charge with you adrift at the bottom of the table. Even harsher when there’s been the absolute uncertainty of a prolonged lockdown, which really makes it hard to judge the work managers have done in my view - along with the fact that he’s not had a summer transfer window, I think they’d be foolish to get rid of him if he keeps them up. 

15 hours ago, Pliskin said:

I think united could trip up against Southampton, just one of those games where they won’t be pushed over as easily as some of the other teams they’ve played. 

You'll get decent odds on that. 

Hope you're right though👍

3 minutes ago, theessexfox said:

I think it’s very harsh to turn on a manager who looks to be keeping you up when he took charge with you adrift at the bottom of the table. Even harsher when there’s been the absolute uncertainty of a prolonged lockdown, which really makes it hard to judge the work managers have done in my view - along with the fact that he’s not had a summer transfer window, I think they’d be foolish to get rid of him if he keeps them up. 

His performance at Watford will get him another Prem club or a "big" championship club whereas things were looking bleak for his career a few months back. with regards Maguire and others who leave the club (through their own choice) **** em! If you've turned your back on Leicester then don't expect the fans to love you, this isn't even like the old days when we were a selling club in a yo-yo pattern, nowadays we are competing with the best and are more likely to beat them if our best players don't cut and run.

29 minutes ago, casablancas said:

A little pot kettle lol  

With games coming this quickly form will come and go in bursts. Everyone’s likely to slip up eventually. I’m not going to be happy until it’s all wrapped up. 

If man citys ban is uplifted then we might as well all go to Mongolia and lick a bison. 

Screenshot_20200709_141149_com.android.chrome.thumb.jpg.a3ee9ff49f0f4c14c0579c69c2bbf284.jpg

40 minutes ago, Walkers said:

Apologies for the geekiness but this really piqued my interest. 

Tavle when pearson joined vs form since he has been there = comfortably surviving. 

Vs 11th, 17th, 14th, and 13th. 

Looks a lot better in that context., and possibly surprisingly so? 

Screenshot_20200709_141100_com.android.chrome.jpg

Edited by gw_leics772
More geeky info on historical positions in league

1 hour ago, Walkers said:

Comfortably is pushing it a bit, majority of seasons they have used the manager bounce to stay up 

4 hours ago, StanSP said:

Being able to appeal a decision that has already been looked at and overturned should not be allowed. 

Does that not just undermine any VAR official and Kavanagh himself? Something which PGMOL and FA are always reluctant to do unless it's extreme circumstances. This is not an extreme circumstance and there's a reason why it got 'upgraded' to a red. 

Dobt really get your point here honestly, any appeal in seasons before this undermined the officials and if you think you have evidence to the contrary then why shouldn't you be able to appeal?

2 hours ago, jammie82uk said:

I have a slight feeling Rafael Van Der Vaart doesn’t like Harry maguire 

Van der Vaart said: ‘I think Maguire goes home every day and tells his wife: ‘I screw up, but I earn so much. They really believe I’m good.’ I really think so, he laughs at everyone.’

He can do something, but if he is worth so much money, Virgil van Dijk is worth £300million,’ Van der Vaart told Ziggo Sport. ‘If I am going to play with the amateurs on Sunday afternoon, I can easily find three who can do this. I mean that seriously. ‘A bit silly to say, but I really think so.’

‘It’s funny because during the Nations League, I was doing work for Dutch television.

‘And I remember we were saying Harry Maguire was by far the worst player on the pitch. ‘And then two months later, £80-£90m? Unbelievable.’

You can focus on what Maguire does superbly (like win aerial duels at both ends, or play it out safely if slowly).  Or you can focus on what he does terribly (like defend 1v1 in exposed situations, or recover from mistakes).

Or you could be radical and look at both :o and conclude he's a very good player -- but with limitations that require him to be played in a back three, or at least a two with a very speedy partner.

Or you could be Man U, pay a world record fee, drop him into a defense that plays to his worst weaknesses, name him captain, and watch these car crashes over and over.

Edited by KingsX
  • Like 1
  • Haha 3

59 minutes ago, The Horse's Mouth said:

Dobt really get your point here honestly, any appeal in seasons before this undermined the officials and if you think you have evidence to the contrary then why shouldn't you be able to appeal?

As in it was reviewed by VAR already and that has helped Kavanagh correct the decision already. 

It's not like there's been a colossal glaring error in judgment here or some kind of embarrassing error. In seasons before you didn't have the benefit of VAR being able to check. So if they accept the appeal, not sure what message that sends out to the VAR ref or Kavanagh himself. 

Have any other decisions been overturned this season retrospectively after VAR made a decision on it? 

1 minute ago, StanSP said:

As in it was reviewed by VAR already and that has helped Kavanagh correct the decision already. 

It's not like there's been a colossal glaring error in judgment here or some kind of embarrassing error. In seasons before you didn't have the benefit of VAR being able to check. So if they accept the appeal, not sure what message that sends out to the VAR ref or Kavanagh himself. 

Have any other decisions been overturned this season retrospectively after VAR made a decision on it? 

But having a week to review a decision is obviously going to be more accurate than 1-3 minutes, also in this case the player has received a 3 game ban too so I think anybody in this position should be able to appeal regardless. VAR only hands more human error into the mix, it's not objective 

1 hour ago, KingsX said:

You can focus on what Maguire does superbly (like win aerial duels at both ends, or play it out safely if slowly).  Or you can focus on what he does terribly (like defend 1v1 in exposed situations, or recover from mistakes).

Or you could be radical and look at both :o and conclude he's a very good player -- but with limitations that require him to be played in a back three, or at least a two with a very speedy partner.

Or you could be Man U, pay a world record fee, drop him into a defense that plays to his worst weaknesses, name him captain, and watch these car crashes over and over.

I prefer watching this option tbf.

• Haha 1

I don’t really have any problem with Maguire, he was good enough for us and we made a lot of money out of him, I just enjoy watching Utd fans and to some extent the media try justify his fee and pretend like he doesn’t make mistakes, which is why it’s funny every time he does make a mistake.