Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Aus Fox

Premier League Thread 2019/20

Enjoyed that, well done Norwich for sticking to your game, playing in your style, not trying to copy how Man City play like most teams nowadays.

Norwich mixed it up with many styles in that game, not just a one trick pony playing in one solid style.

1 minute ago, don_danbury said:

Last champions to be defeated by a promoted side ???

Chelsea won the league in 2017, and newcastle won the championship that year. In may 2018, the following season, Chelsea lost 3-0 to Newcastle.

4 minutes ago, Cardiff_Fox said:

I’m surprised people are holding norwich as something we should adhere to today. The game was very similar to when we beat them 4-2. A Stones and Otamendi central defence making mistakes and leaving half of a pitch to attack. 

Think people are just admiring their courage to stick to their guns

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Cardiff_Fox said:

I’m surprised people are holding norwich as something we should adhere to today. The game was very similar to when we beat them 4-2. A Stones and Otamendi central defence making mistakes and leaving half of a pitch to attack. 

This forum has a tendency to look at a game like this and compare it with our bad performances. Norwich were excellent today and fully deserved their win but no doubt, at some point, they'll have a listless defeat against a Burnley, Brighton, Watford etc, we'll have a very good result against a top side and it will even itself out. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, don_danbury said:

Chelsea won the league in 2017, and newcastle won the championship that year. In may 2018, the following season, Chelsea lost 3-0 to Newcastle.

Why have you quoted yourself and copied my post word for word as your reply? lol

22 minutes ago, Cardiff_Fox said:

But it’s no different to really how we’ve played against Man City in the past. Norwich exploit the space behind the defences of most teams. Space we didn’t really have today 

So why change our tact so dramatically.

This is what annoying me, people said we'd be worked out, it wasn't effective.

I'd argue we've been worked out quicker and easier in our new adopted style than the former and it's even less effective than how we were playing before, i'm not saying it's a simple as going back to that, it's not, it needed to change but why do we (or any team for that matter) have to exclusively play in one style, mix it up abit.

It seems modern football generally has this obsession that you have to copy Man City's style.

Edited by Matt

5 minutes ago, UniFox21 said:

Wait you've tried to correct the correct spelling and facked it up?

Tried to correct it by posting above the quote on his original post and not removing the word he wanted to correct. And then quoted that post and replied with the same spelling mistake.

I think he's unintentionally funny lol

Edited by Facecloth
  • Like 1

Just now, Facecloth said:

Tried to correct it by posting about the quote on his original post and not removing the word he wanted to correct. And then quoted that post and replied with the same spelling mistake.

I think he's unintentionally funny lol

But we're laughing at him, not with him on this one lol

• Sad 1

9 minutes ago, Matt said:

So why change our tact so dramatically.

This is what annoying me, people said we'd be worked out, it wasn't effective.

I'd argue we've been worked out quicker and easier in our new adopted style than the former and it's even less effective than how we were playing, i'm not saying it's a simple as going back to that, it's not, it needed to change but why do we have to exclusively play in one style or any team for that matter, mix it up abit.

It seems modern football the general rule of thumb is that you have to copy Man City's style.

Because our style wouldn’t work against a Man U team with men behind the ball. 

Last game against Bournemouth we had chance to do it and Vardy delivered where their defence gave him acres behind. 

Yeah we should been better today. Yeah we should have been more urgent.  But Norwich’s gameplan wasn’t an example how should have tried to win today’s game. Corky summed it up a few posts ago. Norwich’s tactics didn’t come off against West Ham two weeks ago

EDIT: Tbf I’m probably getting the wrong end of the stick. You are saying play to our strengths rather than alter that - that doesn’t have to be overly tactical, it can be personnel or tempo

Edited by Cardiff_Fox