Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Aus Fox

Premier League Thread 2019/20

10 minutes ago, Cardiff_Fox said:

Because our style wouldn’t work against a Man U team with men behind the ball. 

Last game against Bournemouth we had chance to do it and Vardy delivered where their defence gave him acres behind. 

Yeah we should been better today. Yeah we should have been more urgent.  But Norwich’s gameplan wasn’t an example how should have tried to win today’s game. Corky summed it up a few posts ago. Norwich’s tactics didn’t come off against West Ham two weeks ago

I'm not disputing that but what I am disputing is this current style that we keep trying and trying and trying isn't working so we best find something that does and soon. I know it's not that simple but what is simple and plain to see is this isn't working.

Hence my comments of mixing it up.

Although I dislike this possession football shite, there is a time and a place for it but all the time? No.

Let's have a few styles, be abit unpredictable, change it up abit because at the moment we couldn't be more predictable but it all starts with using our attributes and playing to our strengths, as far as I can see we couldn't be further away from playing our strengths.

Edited by Matt
  • Like 1

Just now, Cardiff_Fox said:

Because our style wouldn’t work against a Man U team with men behind the ball. 

Last game against Bournemouth we had chance to do it and Vardy delivered where their defence gave him acres behind. 

Yeah we should been better today. Yeah we should have been more urgent.  But Norwich’s gameplan wasn’t an example how should have tried to win today’s game. Corky summed it up a few posts ago. Norwich’s tactics didn’t come off against West Ham two weeks ago

This isn't about comparing us and Norwich though is it. We're a better side. I'm not saying we shouldn't change things against some teams, but we've played poorly every time we set up with Maddison out wide and Hamza and Nidi in DM roles. Some games we may have to leave Tielemens out, some we may have to put Perez up top with Vardy, Praet may come some games, we might drop Maddison deeper or push higher into a 10 role. There are many shape and personal changes we can make, but we should never ever do what we did today again.

10 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Exactly, believe in the process. We are a devastating team when we play to our strengths but there's some weird desire to keep it very tight and restrictive when we come up against the better teams. If Rodgers doesn't learn then he can fcuk right off as far as I'm concerned.

And this for me is the crux of the matter. I maybe misguidly had the perception that Rodgers was very much an attack focused manager. 

Thus far I haven't really seen a lot of evidence of this. Seems to be more safety first which I am genuinely surprised by. 

2 hours ago, Facecloth said:

Man city needed to do two things this window, sign a back up/replacement for Fernandinho, which they did, and sign decent centre back as they had little cover should they lose one. They pissed about signing reserve full backs that wasn't a major priority, especially considering full back is one role others can often cover. Laporte is a top centre back, Otamendi will do, but Stones isn't up to their required standard.

Yes, you're absolutely right about that. I just don't know how they would sign another good CB who would be happy to sit on the bench, waiting for Laporte to have a poor run or get injured. 

19 minutes ago, Koke said:

Nuno is in trouble. They could be rock bottom by the end of the day. If Wolces lose to Pslace next week then his job is in jeopardy.

Think he'll be OK for a few more weeks.

It's strange how the clubs, who normally don't play in Europe, struggle in the P/L when they qualify. It can only be the travelling. If they were playing in the championship they would be playing just as many games.

Wolves have been found out in the P/L though. It'll be a long, tough season for them unless they change their way of playing.

@The Bear whats going on? Watching the highlights and you look a shambles at the back. The third goal, the Abraham header was horrific to watch just all over the place. No idea what Cody is doing for Abraham's third. Think they just given up for Mounts goal.

14 minutes ago, Facecloth said:

@The Bear whats going on? Watching the highlights and you look a shambles at the back. The third goal, the Abraham header was horrific to watch just all over the place. No idea what Cody is doing for Abraham's third. Think they just given up for Mounts goal.

He's awfully quiet when they lose 

48 minutes ago, Facecloth said:

Every time I watched them they fail to dominate the midfield. Always concede possession and Neves is practically playing on top of the CBs. I feel sorry for Jimenez, huffing and puffing without much service.

Edited by Koke