Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Aus Fox

Premier League Thread 2019/20

10 minutes ago, UniFox21 said:

Everton are such a baffling side. 

Sometimes they turn up and are brilliant, but with a lot of games it becomes apparent they're filled with over priced big team cast offs

There was an episode of Fighting Talk on 5 live last season where Ivo Graham perfectly summed them up. Something along the lines of when you've forgotten to buy the missus a Christmas present, so last minute you spend £40 on scented candle. Basically you've not got a lot, but money has been spent. Everton are basically a team full of £40 scented candles.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Is this new thing teams do from a goal kick (2 players either side of the keeper then the keeper passes to them) a rule change or something, is it mandatory they have do this?

I don't get it. I've not seen it when a team doesn't immediately put themselves under pressure, whether that leads to a mistake with them conceding a goal or not is another question, ok it might draw the opposition onto you but why instantly put yourself under pressure right infront of your own goal is beyond me, playing the percentages i'd say it'll cause more trouble for yourself more than it will create an opportunity going forward, it drives me mad.

Edited by Matt
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, Matt said:

Is this new thing teams do from a goal kick (2 players either side of the keeper then the keeper passes to them) a rule change or something, is it mandatory they have do this?

I don't get it. I've not seen it when a team doesn't immediately put themselves under pressure, whether that leads to a mistake with them conceding a goal or not is another question, ok it might draw the opposition onto you but why instantly put yourself under pressure right infront of your own goal is beyond me, playing the percentages i'd say it'll cause more trouble for yourself more than it will create an opportunity going forward, it drives me mad.

Drives me mad too. Especially when the keeper plays it to the centre half and they have no clue what to do with it so just go back to the keeper who launches it anyway.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, foxfanazer said:

Could do with Bournemouth and Watford wins today

2 hours ago, Facecloth said:

Lumping on everton and arsenal then.

Glad i took the wise words of Foxfanazer over Facecloth today. 1 down, 1 to go. Only had 13p in my bet365 account after i placed my bets.

On a more serious note Warford are playing well, hope they win as it will be some decent results for us this weekend and make the loss yesterday a little more bearable.

1 minute ago, Suzie the Fox said:

Glad i took the wise words of Foxfanazer over Facecloth today. 1 down, 1 to go. Only had 13p in my bet365 account after i placed my bets.

On a more serious note Warford are playing well, hope they win as it will be some decent results for us this weekend and make the loss yesterday a little more bearable.

Looks like we might get one right each.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, foxfanazer said:

I know we moan but just for a second imagine supporting Everton

Literally this!!! We are both so similar with our consistency, one week we will play great and beat teams with ease, the next we lose to teams who you would think we should be beating, the difference is they have spent allllooottt of money and are still no better then what we are, I feel it's a toss up between us and them as to who could crack that top 6 

2 minutes ago, copunk said:

Literally this!!! We are both so similar with our consistency, one week we will play great and beat teams with ease, the next we lose to teams who you would think we should be beating, the difference is they have spent allllooottt of money and are still no better then what we are, I feel it's a toss up between us and them as to who could crack that top 6 

I don't think either has a prayer to be honest. As you say, both horribly inconsistent