Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Aus Fox

Premier League Thread 2019/20

My guess is that passing it around the high press, providing you can do it, means the side out of possession has fewer players in defensive positions and the attacking side has more space to run into behind the defence, which suits the likes of Aubameyang and Pepe.

Under such pressure though, Arsenal really are shooting themselves in the foot. Surely in such situations you have to mix it up a bit and relieve the pressure on the defenders who are, time and time again, required to play one-touch passing in their own box.

I'd imagine booting up field would  give you a 30% chance of possession as the other team have players naturally trying to head back the direction it came from possibly with a big centre back. 

Playing it out short obviously has its dangers but I'd imagine you have a higher chance of possession when the ball gets to where the keeper could kick it to anyway...

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

What’s the point of var ?

delofeu has a foot inside the box as the goal kick is taken - how do they not check that ?????

Yet it can watch a million replays to spot a player a mm offside. System is a joke.

Edited by Facecloth

3 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

What’s the point of var ?

delofeu has a foot inside the box as the goal kick is taken - how do they not check that ?????

They only check when asked on key points ..  otherwise we’d have 2 refs ...   and what if they watched one thing while something else was going on !!????? ...   best to keep it simple I suppose ...

Just now, Countryfox said:

They only check when asked on key points ..  otherwise we’d have 2 refs ...   and what if they watched one thing while something else was going on !!????? ...   best to keep it simple I suppose ...

They check every goal regardless. 

Just now, Countryfox said:

Key point.

So why didn't they spot the foot in the area? It was right before the goal, which is as you say s key point.

Also they don't check only when asked, they check everything.

2 minutes ago, Facecloth said:

So why didn't they spot the foot in the area? It was right before the goal, which is as you say s key point.

Also they don't check only when asked, they check everything.

Teething problems Flannel ...   sorry got all eyes on this one now ...     :)

Just now, Suzie the Fox said:

Or will we ...:giggle:.. Come on you bees/wasps/stags/hornets.

Fair play to Watford tbh. Arsenal are pants 

They are taking the game to Arsenal, stuck to their way of playing and its serving them well. Rodgers take note.

• Like 1